1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AFC West: Soon to be AFC WORST

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Jan 10, 2011.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Well I thought things were looking up for our division. With the Chiefs rebounding and the Raiders making progress this season. I guess that it is short lived. I am banking that 8-8 will win the division next year.

Raiders: Fired Cable, let their best defensive player walk.

Broncos: Hired a former player with no front office experience as the man in charge. See Matt Millen. Good luck cleaning up that mess.

Cheifs: Haley (control-freak) stripped play-calling duties from Weis in a playoff game. New OC coming in.

Chargers: Kept "Slow Start" Turner. Losing DC. John Spanos drafting talent.

2. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Doug...you sound a little down. I'll send you a million.

3. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Thanks but I have retired! Gave it all to charity.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    As a foot note on the Raiders, I read that they have 22 players looking at free agency (was 21 until the Asomugha mess). With their coach fired, what are the odds that even a third of those players come back?

5. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    This division has went to hell in a hand-basket. We can still strive for mediocrity and win.

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    This is good for the chargers. Because it just means a easier division title. Like the previous 4 years. I didn't even mention "You know who".

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    whats sad is the indictment on our front office. They sold us on championship goals, but mediocrity is all really strive for

8. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Im feeling a little down too. Could I have a million?

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    This is the kind of crap mentality that our FO has adopted. And where are we sitting now?

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaaaahahahaa.......*deep gasp* Hahahahahahahaha!

One season of not making the playoffs (3 out of 4 in the last 4 years) and all you 'die hard' fans and crying about the division going to hell, the FO going to hell... Dogs and Cats living together in peace, the end of the world as we know it...

Seriously, unplug Madden guys and gals. No one is questioning why the Pats didnt explode their organization when they missed the playoffs what, two seasons ago... The mentality on display here would be humerous if it wasnt so friggin sad...

You all want championships but want to do what every team that is not getting them is doing. Shall we chat about Oakland, most of you should go be their fans... You would get what you want. Coaches fired at the drop of a hat, players let go on a whim, changes weekly... That is what you guys and gals pine for. Its right there for you...

*shakes head*

11. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    This is great news, AFC worst!!! Now we will once again squeak by and win a weak division!!! Back on top baby! {sarcasm smiley}

12. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I sent you a million a week or so ago....you never thanked me for it. Not good form.

13. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    That was you? I had no idea tbh, I had just 50k one minute and then the next over a million.

Many thanks for the generous donation.

14. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I know, isn't it annoying?

Hey, when we lost to Cinci I wanted to puke and punch everybody around me at the same time, but there comes a time when you just have to get over it and move on. Norv is still the coach, AJ is still the GM; both will be here for awhile. Which I am glad because I don't want to go back to square one like the Broncos and Raiders. It seems that many of the posters in here forget what our team was like before AJ took control. All I know is that since AJ has been our GM we have been a very competitive team in the league.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes. Agree whole hartedly. Am I happy the Chargers are not in the post season? Hell no. But to go all eeyore and insist that a team the is competitive year in and year out even when having whole units decimated (2009 DL, and OL, 2010 WR, LB, ST), maitaining a toped rakend O and D, and want to blow that up is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

16. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Idiots...(no offense). This was not ALL about the Chargers. This was about the division declining and what teams are doing to decline.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Before the start of this season people thought the Raiders would have what? 2 wins? KC? They were going to be trash right? Denver would be our only competition right? One days decline is another days exceleration.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I'm not ready to claim the season's gone to the dogs until I see it in the kennel
    Until then I'd rather focus on getting better