1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Afc West, Who Has The Inside Track?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, Oct 25, 2006.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    CHARGERS:RAMS,BROWNS,bengals,broncos,RAIDERS,bills,BRONCOS, CHIEFS,seahawks,CARDINALS.

RAIDERS:pIT,seahawks,BRONCOS,chiefs,chargers,TEXANS,bengals, RAMS,CHIEFS,jets

CHIEFS:SEAHAWKS,rams,dolphins,RAIDERS,BRONCOS,browns,RAVENS chargers,raiders,JAGUARS

BRONCOS:COLTS,steelers,raiders,CHARGERS,chiefs,SEAHAWKS chargers,cardinals,BENGALS,49ERS

HOME GAMES IN CAPS. ON PAPER, WHO LOOKS TO HAVE THE INSIDE TRACK? I think its going to come down to the chargers and broncos.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, for the past several seasons, it's been pretty much San Diego vs. Denver for the AFC West crown.

The Raiders suck.

The Chiefs are being Herm-anized into salary cap hell.

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Up until last Sunday, I would have given the edge to the Chargers, but now I would have to say Denver.

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    DENVER- Looks as though they still have 6 maybe 7 good opponents.

CHARGERS- Looks as though we have 4 maybe 5.

I would have to give the edge to the Bolts.

But as we've seen all to many times, this is the NFL and you still have to pad'em up and play the game. Our biggest edge will be Rivers. He is playing well and will only get better with the experience. Hopefully as he improves....so will the team. With luck, the offense will pick up after the defense as aposed to years past.

5. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Hard to say, but we're still in a good position. Especially if we win this week and the colts take care of Denver. I'm quietly hoping for more qb controversy in denver to cause some problems. Maybe even us out a little bit:D

6. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I have a friend who is a Chiefs fan, and he is confident they could win their next 7 games before they come to San Diego...obviously if that happened, they would split with Denver, so they would be in the mix as well. I am eager to see if Indy can pull us back even with Denver this week. St Louis won't be a pushover....but our guys will be motivated after a tough loss at KC. Our AFC west destiny is in our own hands with two games left against the Donkees, unfortunately we won't be at 100% defensively in the game at Mile High. It should be a good race into December!!! Our two home games against KC and Denver may decide it like last year.

7. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Truer were never spoken.

8. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    The edge would be the chargers. If we take care of business at home, we should take the division. We have 6 more home games while the rest of the division has 5.

9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +610
    the way I counted:

Chargers (4-2)
    win againts :
    RAMS, BROWNS, RAIDERS, @Bills, BRONCOS, CHIEFS, CARDINALS

which would make them 11-5 and 4-2 in the division

Broncos (5-1)
    win against :
    @Raiders, CHARGERS, SEAHAWKS, @Cardinals, BENGALS, 49ERS
    which would make them 11-5 and 5-1 in the division

Broncos AFC West Champs :no:
    Chargers Wild Card :icon_shrug:

edit: I think I'm counting wrong, the broncos would loose to the Chargers and chiefs on the road making them 4-2 in the division, unfortunetly I still think the broncos win the division

10. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    it could go either way with denver having no offense

11. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Here's my homer prediction. The donkeys lose to the colts, steelers, chargers twice, and bengals. They end up at 10-6 while the bolts end up at 12-4. Somebody save this post so you can bring it back and crown me at the end of the year. :icon_party:

12. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    oh how that would be sweeeeet we just need to win this one right now take on the rest as they come and end up in miami my brother has a superbowl ticket waiting for me when the chargers get to the big game this year his treat on a deal he made at the beginning of the season when he said the bolts werent goin to do much this year with rivers in here .i just want him to have to live up to it come 41

13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    If the Chargers win this week against St Louis and the Broncos lose this week, I think the Chargers have the inside track but it also depends on how we do in Invesco

14. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    chargers finish 11-5, broncos 10-6, chiefs 9-7, raiders 2-14. I think you give or take 1 either way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +610
    I don't know about that, are you who we thought you where? should we crown your ***? :icon_rofl:

16. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    We could beat the Bungles and the Seachickens.... giving us the edge.... The only loss on our schedule I have penciled in already is in cheating mile high.

17. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +610
    of course we can beat those guys, but we can also lose the ones that are penciled in as wins, balancing that I still think Chargers and Broncos end up 11-5 both

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    AS much as I hate the Colts... I'll be rooting for them this weekend!!!