1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

After missing entire '06 season, Chargers' Sproles healthy again

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, May 9, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    SAN DIEGO -- It was a sight seen over and over again during the Chargers' recent minicamp. Darren Sproles would have the ball in his hands in the open field and display impressive speed while churning up yardage.

It may have been one of the more welcome sights over the three-day sessions.

Sproles, a running back, missed the entire 2006 season after breaking the fibula in his left leg against Green Bay during an August exhibition game. Nine months later, he says he's fully recovered and new coach Norv Turner believes it after what he viewed over the weekend.

"He looks quick to me," Turner said after one practice. "He's been running and going full speed since I got here so he's fully recovered and going good."

Full Article

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    Let's see how happy he is as soon as he gets blown up, again.

He looks great at camp, where no one is hitting him. As soon as the kid gloves come off, DOWN GOES SPROLES!

• Like Like x 1
  3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    yup.

cut him now. save the roster spot for someone else

:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Sproles is probably the worst pick AJ has made as GM, worse than Wesley Britt and Carlos Joseph.

5. The Admiral

The Admiral BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    When Sproles was healthy the little dude would get us into pretty good field position on kick offs. Hopefully he has improved his punt return catching ability and he should be great for the team.

Parker needs to pack it in. Dude is done on special teams and needs to be healthy for his role at WR.

6. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Sometimes gawd works in mysterious ways. :icon_eek: :yes: :bolt:

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :lol:

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

Speed kills. I think he'll make the cut. It will be fun finding out.:icon_toast: It's beer thirty.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Care to make a bet?

He gets cut I have to sport your damn dancing Billy boy Clinton avatar all season long.

He doesnt get cut you have to sport an avatar I make all season long.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    even worse then Olshansky in your mind or hell worse then freakin Sammy Davis???

dummy

11. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :lol:

Sproles always amazes and dazzles in camp, it's the real games he sucks nuts in. If Davis proves he can be an average punt returner, I doubt Sproles makes it past the second cut much less the third.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    I guess that means your not willin to make the bet?

13. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Admit you just want to sport the Clinton avatar.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
  15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Wont happen. Sproles will be returning kick offs and you will be eating crow...:tup:

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Stupid decisions?

So, the butt-hurt is still present after AJ decides not to draft any of the overrated Condomites first day again, I see.

17. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :lol: :lol:

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    C'mon, put your avatar where your mouth is. Lets make this bet, draw the line. You win, I sport the Clinton Avatar, or any avatar of your chosing that doesnt violate the TOS. I win you do the same.

Step up to the plate L, if you think he is gone it should be an easy bet, right?:tup:

19. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :tup: :tup:

20. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    Thought Sproles going to IR so quickly last year was telling... He was back and ready to go again in November!.

I hope he proves me wrong but what I saw was a rag-doll type who could not get through a hit or a tackle and was very dodgy fielding punts.

Looks like Burner has taken his job on kick returns so little Darren might find it a bit crowded on special teams. Maybe Norv can find something for him on the O but then who goes, is it Pinnock?, I don't think so...

:icon_shrug:

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Do you realize that your posts are now almost occupying a full screen?:icon_evil:

22. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I've seen a lot of rookie punt returners struggle with handling punts. I think they get a little awed by the fact that it's the NFL and the guys charging towards them aren't scrubs but were elite players in college. Meanwhile, they're looking way up in the sky for the ball and can't really know for sure where the big hit might be coming from. Usually they either get control of it their second year or they're no longer returning kicks which, for Sproles, would be a very bad career move.

The china-doll thing remains to be seen. He looks small so it's easy to envision him being injury prone. On the other hand that was just one injury and could have just been a fluke. But in terms of his body-mass he's just as big as Dante Hall and some other guys who had long careers as returners. In reality he's bigger than some of those guys because he's pretty massive for a guy who's all of 5'6".