1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

After near miss, Chargers need miracle

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8807540/Second-guesses:No-running-game-has-grounded-Eagles

Although they were whipped by the Steelers in every facet of the game, the San Diego Chargers could have won the game. Nate Kaeding just missed a field goal attempt and inside the Pittsburgh 20-yard line, Philip Rivers was intercepted, losing a sure three points.

In a strange score, the Chargers lost 11-10 and now they are two back of Denver in the AFC West. With six games to go, they can't afford another loss. They have three straight at home — Indy, Atlanta and Oakland — then two on the road before finishing the season against the Broncos at home. It's possible, but it seems to be a stretch.

Does this mean the end of Norv Turner? Only Dean Spanos and A.J. Smith know for sure, but they already fired a defensive coordinator and they also know that LaDainian Tomlinson isn't the same.

I hate to say this, but I doubt Atlanta would trade Michael Turner straight up for L.T. right now. I wonder what people would have thought of such talk back in August? They would have said everyone was nuts. But Turner has turned into an absolute beast for the Falcons while L.T. managed 57 yards on 18 carries against the Steelers.

Yes, Pittsburgh is one super defense. They proved that by limiting San Diego to 218 yards of offense while safety Troy Polamalu made one phenomenal one-handed interception of Rivers. Off a tipped pass, Polamalu dove a few yards in the air and barely slipped his right hand under the ball just before it touched ground.

There's no doubt about it. Polamalu is the game's finest safety. The Chargers need a miracle, one similar to Polamalu's one-handed grab.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    Dont hold back nick, let us know what you are saying...

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Trickle Down Biitchenomics... start at top and let it flow to the little people. :lol:

5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We shoulda hung out more.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :yes:I think we would've ended up piissing on someone for sure. :lol:

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This is why I was adamant about franchising Turner, particularly with the uncertainty over LT's health. Hester and Tolbert looked real good on film and on paper, but rookies are rookies. At least I have Turner on my fantasy squad.