1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Aikman: Pats beware of the Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Daddy_O, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=338682

• Like Like x 1
  2. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Didn’t Igor say the same thing earlier in the week? Troy got it right, we have nothing to loose. The Chargers need to lay some hats on the Pats to shake them up early. Smash mouth football is the recipe for this Charger win!

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    Nice to see at least a little love right before the game

4. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Dont take this as a little love. its just a back up when we win the game, they will be able to say..I told you so. No one gives us a chance. Lets keep it that way. We dont need anyones two cents!!

5. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Aikman is spot on and so is everyone else who say that the Pats should beware of the Chargers.

We have a lot less to lose and no matter how many times the players say that the pressure and problems doesn't bother them it does. Football players are human, they're not specially trained to ignore all emotions.

If I were the Pats I would be concerned about Florence and McCree. Both are pissed off with something to prove and both are two VERY hard hitters. I like Florence on Wes Welker especially if they line him up to Punish him on every catch. Wes might gain a few yards but a few hits from Florence and McCree will slow him down.

6. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I thought the Patriots did a good job playing the underdog card in 2001, but you guys are masters.

I think I have seen dozens threads basically saying here is "one person who says we can win."

Add them all up and that is dozens of commentators saying the Bolts are solid team that can win."

And anyone who predicts the Patriots to win even in a close game is disrespecting you.

Yeah there are some Patriot fans that are talking blow out, sure thing.

But most people know you don't back into the AFCCG or beat the defending world champ Colts on luck.

Nor is it irrational or disrespectful to predict the Patriots to win. Yes, the Bolts have won 8 in a row; Patriots 17. It is in NE. Your QB is injured, as are two of your best offensive weapons. If Brady, Moss & Welker were all questionable, your players were healthy, and the game was in SD, the Bolts would be favored.

Not only that everybody outside of NE is rooting for you.

You guys have brought embracing non-existing hate to an art form.

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    And a fine Yankee trick it is, we stole it from Y'all. A lesson well learned indeed.

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    It doesn't take a master to realize the Raiders were the rightful representation in that super bowl.

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I don't buy that everyone outside of NE is rooting for us...

Rivers has become this big (pardon the expression) lightning rod. He's being compared to Ryan Leaf and T.O. He's the sole reason why people are rooting against the Chargers. I'm hearing it on the Radio, reading it in the paper, seeing it online in forums and editorials, watching it on TV. People have made him out to be this huge villain and it is causing hordes of fans, who normally would have been pulling for us, to do a complete 180 and root for the Pats to win if only to humble our young QB and put him in his place.
    It's fukkin' ridiculous how people are just following the "mediots" and buying into their mis-characterizations of a great human being.

With that said, I think EC made a good point in another thread... if Philip and the Chargers win this game, the media will have to completely bow down and kiss his *** with one collective smooch. And the world will come to love him during those two weeks leading up to the big game.

If they lose... no big deal. They weren't supposed to win anyway and Philip will just have to wait a year to resurrect his reputation.

And yeah, I agree with you... if the tables were reversed on the medical front... and if the game was in SD... we might be a favorite. But people would still be rooting against us because they now hate Philip Rivers.

10. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Rivers and Merriman and even LT are not going to win Mr. Personality anytime soon. But the most hated person in the NFL currently is BB. For a small time Micheal Vick was beating him, but once he got booted, BB took the throne.

Everyone I know that is not actually a Patriots fan is rooting for you. Many of them don't think you got a snowball chance in hell, but they are all rooting for you.

Now if you do win, and it is Rivers vs. Lord Favre - nobody is gonna root for you.

11. Ekdog

Ekdog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +26
    The Jags played with these guys for two quarters. They were tied at the half as I recall. If that's the case against the Chargers, I think we have an excellent chance of upsetting them because the Bolts are powerful in the second half. Our offensive line is especially strong in the third and fourth quarters. That's when they start to really open holes for LT, Turner, Sproles or whoever's in the backfield.

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'm glad we're not the team trying to go undefeated.

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Actually, the Jags played with them for more than two quarters. If not for Dennis Northcutt dropping a TD pass, the Jags would have been right there as the 4th quarter rolled around.

14. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    True that. Northcutt was a total pu ssy on that one, I laughed my *** off at him.

15. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    If it's us vs. Lord Favre, we're gonna have our first ring.

You guys are the big obstacle. IMO, this is the real Superbowl this weekend.

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That will make the Champagne taste even better.

17. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I tend to agree who ever wins the AFCCG wins the SB, unless it is a game like the yours last week, where the winner leaves with injuries to three key players.

18. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    only thing the pats fans and the idiot media is missing out with here is the chargers have the better team. Prepare to loose pats fans. Your pats team is gonna be 17-1 after tommorrow night.:yes:

19. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Now that's not a bright thing to say...the only place the tRaiders belong is representing the basement of our division...PERIOD.
    I was glad when the Pat's won that game, and I'm still glad.

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    My favorite team is the Chargers and whoever is playing the Raiduhs.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Though I hate the Cowgirls, I've always respected Troy and Emmit!!

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I hope Troy is right, I'd like nothing better than a win and a trip to the Super Bowl.

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Troy is OK, for a Cowboy. Let's hope that he's right!! :tup:

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,178
    I know this is bad, but I want SHAWNE & SHAUN, to leave Brady writhing on the turf in agony!!!

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Don't worry too much, Conc. You're among friends!! :icon_twisted: