1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AJ blasting Marty in USA Today

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LittleTrain, Aug 15, 2007.

1. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/chargers/2007-08-13-turner-takes-over_N.htm

What purpose does this serve at this point? Kinda weak to take shots after the guy is gone.

That last one is just uncalled for from AJ. Isn't that what most of us are saying we are hoping now with Norv as head coach? Kinda ironic.

2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Awesome!

God i love AJ!

3. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    This is stupid. More important things to worry about right now. Doesn't AJ have some cuts to be thinking about.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Not really since Norv is expected to run the offense. Marty wasn't doing any playcalling, the coordinators were.

And I don't really see anything wrong with that.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Further proof of AJ's awesomeness.

Yes, Marty, your record DOES speak for itself:

5-13

6. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    :icon_rofl:

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
  8. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    That last quote is comedy gold.

:icon_rofl:

9. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185
    Although i can say little more than thank you marty for the winning years and the early contributing factors for a charger team in the midst of new, great era.

In my opinion he can be blamed for the first playoff loss, but hardly for the breakdown in the second. BUT with martys record,and every god damn thing that was on the line in a season that everybody knew was ours, there is no excuses. By whatever means possible that game (at the very least) needed to be won and it wasnt. call it what you want but thats unacceptable these days.

Anyways the past is the past and we have a new season to look forward to and arguably the best SAN DIEGO Chargers team in history. Have to stay focused on the task at hand.What i seen when i came back and rewatched it was a ****en awesome Charger team. Aside from obvious and expected preseason-like mistakes and mental errors of course.

Also got to give props to the rookies. Lookin good out there.

Damn Aj is a cold muddafucca. haha. Cheers. :flag:

10. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    No, thats the HC's job.

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

You should have your sig by now. :yes:

Kick Thumper's nuts...or wait. I think it is Concudan who makes them up. Anyway, Conc sends them to Thumper and then they get inserted - violently.

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    All we have to know is A.j. has been right about alot of stuff.:flag: :flag: :flag:

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    And thanks for giving me naanee as my adopted player for the season. He's gonna be gold.:yes:

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Perhaps you didn't notice that Marty has been doing interviews bashing AJ lately. I think this is AJ's response. If someone attacks you through the media, why is it so inappropriate to respond in-kind?

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Marty deserves every single verbal b1tchslap he recieves, especially when it comes to his record.

16. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Have we forgotten how crappy we were post Marty/Butler? AJ is one hell of a GM and his track record thus far has proven that. But he should just take the high road and not comment about Marty.

I for one am thankful Marty's part in helping us get back into the playoffs.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,640
    I think you mean PRE Marty/Butler.

I am MORE thankful for AJ putting this team together than for Marty coaching them up.

Marty is a smug mf'er and sometimes he needs to be reminded that he's not the coaching god he believe himself to be. Case in point, 5-13.

AJ is just responding to the shittalking Marty has been doing lately. Sould AJ take the high road? Maybe, but we all know it's not his style. You cross AJ and you're gonna get owned one way or the other.

18. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I was an avid Marty supporter for the past several years as many people know.

Although, if I had to choose between Marty and AJ regarding the direction of the Bolts, I side with AJ.

Marty did great to get the team ready for the regular season towards the postseason, but somehow kept farking it up once the playoffs came. It wasn't just with the Bolts either. The Browns and Chefs went through this. It might be a little unfair to lay it all at Marty's feet since most of these postseason flubs were done by players, but when it happens a half-dozen times, the one to ultimately blame is the HC because he didn't get the players ready to perform in the postseason. They cracked under the pressure.

The Chargers winning 35 out of 48 regular season games the past 3 seasons (72.9%) has as much to do with the players as it does the coaches. That means AJ gets a lot of credit for good drafting.

The previous time it was HC vs. GM in Boltland, we had Bobby Ross vs. Bobby Beathard. Dean made the wrong decision by firing Ross and keeping Beathard.

He made the correct one this time by allowing AJ to fire Marty.

19. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I can appreciate Marty's contributions in making us a contender again but I was there for both playoff losses and I can't go through that again- not the way we lost when we should have won BOTH games. That said I think AJ should take the high road no matter what Marty says in the media. JMO. :bolt:

20. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Marty got them as far as he could.

What is really needed now is to progress. And Norv would be the guy to do it.

When they first said marty would stay on as coach at the end of last year I was very worried. I was worried of stagnation. Not progressing. If you get too set in your ways as a team you don't progress. This team has all the talent in the world now. They just needed to progress.:yes:

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    There is a time to take the "high road" and then there is a time to defend your honor.

I have always said "if you consider the source first" , then act accordingly. :tup:

Coaches are a fraternity. :yes:

A.J. sent not only a message to Marty but to any coach wannabe assswipe who wants to waltz in here and think that a "little dogs can pisss on big wheels" philosophy will fly, they will be not only disappointed but they will be flat out fuc't. :yes:

22. Kyle

Kyle BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    This is the part that kills me....

Cameron got too cute in that game and outfoxed himself. It's a travesty. I was never a Cam basher but he has forgotten about LT in a few games over the years and each time it cost them. In a PLAYOFF game against a 3 time Super Bowl Champion, you ride your horse, especially when he has 143 yards in A HALF!

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    I am losing a little respect for AJ. He shouldnt be airing dirty laundry for the world to see. Makes him look like a classless antagonist, IMO.

24. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I do find it interesting that "Martyball", as ball-watching fans define it, would have easily worked in the NE game, when people were wanting it dead and gone after the Baltimore loss, when pretty much all we did was run the ball.

But yeah, when you sense your opponent is old, tired, and breathing hard, don't start passing. Keeping ramming it down their fuggin throats until they show they can stop it consistently.

Marty's failure was that he didn't scream at Cam to keep running the rock. Alternate LT and MT for that two-punch knockout combo.

25. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Destroying a team for 143 all purpose yards in the first half and continuing to feed him the rock in the second is NOT Martyball, it's called LETTING YOUR BEST PLAYER CARRY YOU TO VICTORY.

26. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I wonder if this isn't just some other teams fan or one of martys kids spreading a rumor. Or it could be marty really bored in north carolina liquored up and sending in an article like this.

27. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    I don't have a problem with AJ defending himself. He kept quiet about Marty until Marty started throwing stones. AJ is just firing back.

28. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It wasn't THAT long ago posters were calling him CaMORON. But at the end of the day that comes back to the head coach. Marty had input, regardless of the team wanted us to believe.

29. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    And F Marty.

When your best friend grooms you for something that you have been working 20 years to get ala Butler/AJ, and then some arrogant ******** that has never won **** tries to backdoor you to the guy who signs the checks saying you are a joke, **** yeah there is going to be some animosity.

Especially once you work your way into a position for people to respect what comes out of your mouth. Scoreboard, Marty. That's basically what AJ is pointing to here.