1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AJ blasting Marty in USA Today

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LittleTrain, Aug 15, 2007.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    Marty just took a jab at AJ during the Big 33 high school football game.
    He said, the team and players were great but he and the GM were at opposite ends of the pole. So take that for what it's worth.:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Equating AJ with David Binn? OK, you've officially lost all credibility on this subject.

Marty's playoff record is more than half the story. It's the whole story. It's what defines his career. You can say it was the, "Elway years" that led to Marty's downfall in the playoffs, but there were plenty of years where Marty lost to QBs other than Elway in the playoffs, like the year his Chiefs, with home field advantage, lost to Jim Harbaugh and the Colts.

Another way to look at the Marty/Elway thing is that Elway made it to 5 Superbowls, and in 4 of those seasons, Elway had the benefit of facing a not-ready-for-playoffs team coached by Marty Schottenheimer. If not for Marty's playoff futility, Elway's career might have looked quite different.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    That's just fucin brutal and an amazing way to look at it with quite a bit of truth to it. You wrapped up a shot at Marty, the Chiefs and the Broncos.

You're good. :bolt:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I got up and clapped after I read it. I have never thought about it in those terms, but it makes for terrific thinking. I need to smoke a bowl and let that one settle in.

Rep for you, bsbb.

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    AJ says worship me or...

GO TO HELL !!!

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Nobody ****s with the Jesus.
    Language in the following is rated R.

7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
  8. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Is that Hey Suess or Gee Suz?

Also, in this you tube clip at about :10 in...You can see that Jesus is wearing Trumpys' socks...Whats up with that?

Sorry Trumpy, they just look like the type of socks I imagine you would wear...LMAO...:abq2:

9. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10

It IS ridiculous to compare Binn to AJ. Binn actually knows what it is like to lace up for a pro game and he is an actual member of the Chargers team. AJ is just a guy who writes checks. AJ has NO sway in an NFL game. Binn can (and does) help this team win.

You just took my Elway argument and spun it around. Congratulations. It is because Elway was so bad that we should judge Marty as bad.....instead of Elway being a good player (on a good team) which would then have no shame on his opposition losing to him.
    Well played....I guess we will have to see who goes to the HOF first....Elway, Marty, or AJ.

:goff:

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    I understood exactly what you were getting at. Because AJ isn't some meathead he doesn't get your respect. If you honestly think that Binn has more to do with the Chargers winning or losing a game than AJ, you should be checked for brain damage. Binn snaps the ball a few times a game. AJ assembles the talent that's on the field. AJ has far more influence on the team's performance. And AJ only writes checks? Are you serious? Dan Snyder writes checks for overpriced free agents. AJ Smith is the best evaluator of NFL talent alive today.

I never said that Elway was a bad player. But he was able to beat Marty in the playoffs with some inferior teams. You can chalk that up to Mr. Ed's greatness or Marty's futility. After seeing the playoff game last year, I tend to chalk it up to Marty. Some will argue that we lost to the Pats because of Tom Brady's greatness. But Tom Brady sucked hind parts in that game.

Of course Elway will be the first in the HOF. He's one of the greatest QBs of all time. I'll be surprised if Marty ever makes it. As for AJ, it's a tough road for front office guys. But if the Bolts can bring home a couple of Lombardis, he'll definitely receive serious consideration.

I hope you keep posting. Your little synaptic misfires are quite amusing.

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Mary orchestrated his own firing, so he deserves whatever criticism comes his way now. Marty's right, his record speaks for itself. AJ addressed that record.

I was a big Marty defender after that playoff loss. But once he started letting his Asst's walk, he deserved to get his *** canned. In fact, he wanted it to go down the way it did so that AJ could look like a **** head. AJ knows this and he's not going to let that slide. He shouldn't let it slide.

Marty's out there talking... not to reporters... but to others in the league. I'd bet the house that Marty is jabbing at AJ off the record whenever the subject comes up.

12. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    I guarantee you Rivera doesn't come to work here if he thinks as an assistant he won't be allowed to interview for a better job because we want to lock him up on our staff. If you want good assistants you have to be prepared to let them go to a better opportunity.