1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AJ/Deano Smart MF's

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Harley, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    i was a doubter and i was wrong. pats are f'd, we're roll'in to glendale.

2. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    ALL DOUBTERS NEED TO BOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bow::bow::bow::eek:wned:

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    AJ IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even I had doubts about the hiring of Norval and Teddy the hut, but they proved me wrong. They did not waver, and proved that they have elephant balls. IT TAKES BALLS TO MAKE THE MOVES THAT AJ MAKES, AND HE WILL NOT REST UNTIL WE WIN MULTIPLE SUPERBOWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We see the resolve that Norv and the Hut have, they don't take crap from the players, and they get them ready for the postseason. We have the game that we all knew was coming next week, it is TIME FOR REVENGE.

I will repeat once again, AJ IS GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trumpie, post those pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    our depth was front and center today. i kept tell'in my wife 'bout players like cooper who were off the draft radar and how player's like weddle we went and got. props to our FO as well. today was an orginaizational win IMO.

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    folks have to understand what really happened. Big john got hired by spanos. Big john god bless him died. The spano's had to hire someone and big john said give A.j. a try. And the rest is history. The old river boat gambler has built one of the strongest teams in the nfl with guile and smarts that would make any ace up the sleeve gambler jealous.

God bless big john, A.j. and spanos. :yes:

6. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Something else about Norv and his philosophy. One thing that Norv has preached, is that we CAN'T BE SO RELIANT ON ONE OR TWO PLAYERS! We showed that we are not tonight. This took the team a while to adjust to. When you've relied on guys like LT and Gates for a couple of years in a row, it's hard to step your game up immediately. What you see now is a team that plays as a UNIT! Everyone does their job, and they do it well. They know that they have to do their job in order to win, and when an opportunity arrises to make a play, THEY MAKE IT!!! This philosophy is key come playoff time where you can't rely on a single player, or a single play because the opposition will shut you down. Guys like Darren Sproles, Legs, Weddle, Pinnock, Cro, and Jackson, have made the plays when their number is up. THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IN THE PLAYOFFS!

7. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    People said AJ was an idiot for drafting Eli Manning... and it worked to the tune of getting us Rivers and Merriman.

People said AJ was an idiot for letting Drew Brees go to New Orleans in free-agency.

People said AJ was an idiot for drafting that steroid user, Luis Castillo.

People said AJ was an idiot for trading a fourth-round pick for Brandon Manumaleuna.

People said AJ was an idiot for "reaching" for Antonio Cromartie in the first round of the 2006 draft.

People said AJ was an idiot for extending Quentin Jammer's contract. (Seen the going rate for starting CB's lately? Jammer's a bargain.)

People said AJ was an idiot for drafting a left-tackle in the second round who has a bad-back and no heart.

People said AJ was an idiot for letting Donnie Edwards go in free agency.

People said AJ was an idiot for hiring Norv Turner.

People said AJ was an idiot for demanding a first-and-third for Michael Turner because you don't pay that much for an "insurance policy" running back.

People said AJ was an idiot for trading away multiple picks to get Eric Weddle.

People said AJ was an idiot for trading a second-round pick for Chris Chambers.

Don't get me wrong... AJ's not infallible, obviously. But he knows a lot more about football than any of the people who constantly question his decisions like they're somehow experts.

I really love the dogmatic people who say things like "you don't reach for a player who has started only 1 game in college, no matter how well he tests at the combine." You know, the people who decide that because they aren't comfortable with a decision, they will suddenly make it some kind of accepted axiom that such things just aren't done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    A-FREAKING-MEN!

Some people aren't happy unless they are b*tching about something. Fact is, A.J. Smith has kicked *** as the GM of this team, it's just a matter of those guys getting it done. :abq1: