1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AJ gets "ripped" on NFL LIVE 10-7-09

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +342
    Everyone on the team needs to shut the **** up and do their job.

AJ shouldn't have ripped the team publically - should be done behind closed doors. If AJ wants to tell the fans he understands that things are a mess, then do something about it don't talk about it.

Coaches - get the team better prepared to play the opponent

Players - put down the blackberry and play better

Management - go manage

Staff - get the players healthy

Then go win some games and a team

2. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    It's the 24 hour media remember? They need to fill in all that time with stories that are going to grab viewers. So, they take a tepid remark and turn it into a hot button news event, guaranteed to stir up a little controversy that they can then "follow up" on and keep the viewers coming back for more.

AJ barely said anything that wasn't said 500% worse by the announcers who did the sunday night game.

All these sports shows are pathetic. A guy chews on the wrong side of his mouth and it becomes a week long controversy. Please.

And Merriman would do well to shut the Fck up and play better.

3. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I think Tom Coughlin's style is a bit over the top, but the Chargers need some rules like no tweets, blackberrys, cell phones etc at Charger park. Leave them in your car or at home. Get some focus going with this pack of pansies.

Oh, Cromartie, your mobile nail service is here. Whenever you're done tweeting and missing tackles and blowing assignments.

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    this fools on ESPN need to stfu, its AJ's team and i like what he is doing, its a wake up call its for Norv,Ron, and the players, if Kraft did it for the Pats then ESPN would love what he said but its us and they hate us

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Very well said!!! :tup:
    Like I mentioned earlier "if AJ wants to be an attention whore and get coverage in the National (sports) media, then the GM position is not for him."

6. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
    Thank you for the video Lt Express !

Herm Edwards is right. AJ just put a problem more on the table.

Is he speaking loud what he expects from the coaching staff ?
    He has to fix the problems. The division isn't out of reach.
    Create some surprising changes to crush Denver .

7. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Pitt? Really? They are an outstanding team, but nowhere near the drafted offensive talent of SD. They've found guys in the first round with Ben, Troy, Santonio Holmes, and Hines Ward 10 years ago, maybe some DBs in the 2nd rounds, but nothing even close to SD in my opinion.

8. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +353
    Do you really want to do this?

Mendenhall
    Timmons
    Woodley
    Holmes
    Colon
    Miller
    McFadden
    Essex
    Keamoatu
    Roethlisberger
    Starks
    Polamalu
    Taylor
    Gay
    Foote
    Hope
    Randel el

Cason
    Weddle
    Naanee
    Cromartie
    McNeil
    Dobbins
    Merriman
    Castillo
    Jackson
    Sproles
    Turner
    Rivers
    Kaeding
    Olshansky
    Hardwick
    Phillips
    Florence
    Jammer

This going back to 2002, I did not list guys who play sparringly or in junk time, and I did not list guys who started 1 season because of injury and went somewhere else only to become a non starter. I did not list anyone who is stricken to special teams either.

I'll let you decide it SD has gotten more out of their draft picks? I would say they are pretty close to the same, and if anyone in the NFL has gotten what SD has gotten out of the draft is Pittsburgh.

Not only has Pitt drafted a ton of starters as well for the most part those guys are still there. I am not saying that Pitt has done a better job but they certainly haven't done worse.

9. vmax

vmax BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    He has. AJ has publicly stated he is not satisfied with the job he has done over the past couple of years.(sorry no link) Although I don't agree with everything he has done (Norv hire, loss of Edwards, Sammy Davis draft, etc) I do think he has done a pretty good job of drafting. This article lists his drafts, not perfect but pretty good.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/apr/18/chargers-chart-analyzing-aj-smith-draft181324/

AJ does not say very much in the press, and when he does I think he usually says things for effect. Perhaps dealing with things privately has not been effective over the last few years. I would have to think he has voiced his concerns to the team privately in the past. I have no problem with AJ calling out a team that is obviously "soft and bewildered" at times. Hopefully the truth hurts enough to wake some people up.

I am not pleased with the level of play, but I also remember what the team was like prior to Butler/AJ and I am willing to give him time to fix some of his mistakes. Hopefully he can pull off a trade this year then make coaching changes in the offseason.

10. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19

Ok, then we'll call it even between SD and Pitt. Any other teams? If not, then I'd have to be pretty damn happy with the drafting. As far as I know it's AJ making those decisions, and I'll be worried about every offseason if he is ever gone. I don't think he'd be out of work long either. There are tons of teams that have lottery picks every year, and continue to have lottery picks the next year. Not so fun.

11. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +353
    Oh I agree, I definetly do not want AJ to go. I just think he needs to start including himself in the pointing of the fingers. Cause frankly all these great draft picks have amounted to nothing because he has failed to get Oline and Dline help.

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    He does call out his own *** and on more than one occassion. :yes:

13. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +353
    Ya, and it seems to be helping a whooooole lot.

Pretty sure there is not much meaning behind it if he does.

I have never heard it so I'll give him a pass because you said so but until he says it and starts making the moves we need to make then I will start saying he is back in my good graces.

But as of right now he is just as much to blame as the players, the coaches and the rest of the front office.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If you were A.J. and wanted to save $8 million dollars by letting LT go as a free agent in order to sign one or two linemen, wouldn't you be F'n pissed?

If you are asked to bake the cookies as the chef, don't you want to have some say so as to the ingredients?

**** is happening and it is not even behind the scenes.

I would be pissed if I were A.J. that Dean has hamstrung this team in his decision to keep LT when the money would have been better spent in the trenches. That is my read.

15. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    it looks like this team has been hamstrung for a while. hasnt everyone around here been screaming for beef every year? whos fault is it that you didnt get hooked up? the devil?

and no i wouldnt be pissed for not having an extra 8 mill. the opportunity cost of losing LT in merchandise and tix would be way worse. they wouldve been the LA chargers next year