1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AJ is gawd.... Deilman signs!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Look at what we came up with as a franchise statement and the next tailgaters best seller to all Bolt fan:

[​IMG]

2. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    When I saw this reported earlier on NFL Network I was estatic. I was hopeing they could work something out. Good work on both sides. :abq2: :dielman::abq1:

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    I have to say, I am starting to think there may be some divinity to the man.

Or he might even be better. He might have some Irish in him!

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

A lot of you cats had tried to run it up my *** on A.J. is god, BREES is lying mole faced **** and RIVERS is the Chosen One.

I am 3 for 3.

I am the freaking prophet !!! :abq2:

5. Jmurns

Jmurns BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Two questions: 1) Is that piss compatible with the Wizzinator? 2) Is that 19.95 american or Euro? Even Gods piss 'aint worth 19.95 Euro.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    I have been working in my secret lab all week trying to perfect a drink worthy of being called AJ's Piss.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

It is compatible with all wizzinators and it is based on good old American illegal dollars.

Oh and as an added benefit, AJ's pisss cures acne, cancer and premature ejaculation. It is well worth the price.

I just read we have some mad Bolt scientists finishing perfecting the formula for taste purposes.....:icon_toast:

8. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Maybe 3 for 3 on YOUR scoreboard Trumpy...:icon_wink: Drew is a good guy...I'm glad we have Rivers but Drew did not do anything wrong...plus he's been gone over a season now...I'm looking ahead....we have a good team, new coaches...it's gonna be exciting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    You keep having fantasies about men ramming things up your ***...:no:

10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,610
    Well, Drew did lie on the radio to al the fans in SD about not being offered a contract, but yeah, you're right, he didn't do anything wrong.

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    No he did no lie, he was never offered a serious contract. Unless you feel that small contract is one that a starting QB should take. And before you spew out the typical rehtoric, just ask yourself. Would you have expected Rivers to take it?

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Maybe you can sell some to the Chinese. After all, they're the ones buying the majority of actual dollars in an effort to keep its value up... so we can in turn continue buying their ****. Of course, they've had to step up their efforts since Japan stopped buying dollars in 2004... not sure how long they'll wanna keep it up... but maybe AJ's piss can convince them to prolong their efforts.

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    When the good guy states on Saints radio that he was NEVER offered a contract by A.J., I have issues because he just called our GM a liar. That is just the tip of the ice berg. There is more but then I did not appreciate the way he left town.

This is what works with me.....tip the hat and say "thank you for the opportunity" but that was never done. Nobody really mentions this fact because most fans (even on this board) got enamored with the "feel good" story.

Not me and I did not buy it then nor now.

I am happy for his success and fortune for his family but I am still very very pissed at the way he exited the scene. The worst part is I defended him until he got caught in his circle of lies. His radio interview LIVE when asked directly of the extent of his injuries became another infamous lie. Eldwin probably did the best recap of what Brees tried to pull over on the fans to get us to HATE AJ Smith. Marty tried the same stunt and got his asss fired.

Nope - Drew Brees goes down as a bad egg in my book. His latest BS statement was to say "god told him to go to the Saints" and I almost **** myself. Everyone knows why Drew went to the Saints and divine intervention has zero to do with Brees decision - it was MONEY.

14. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I freaking love AJ Smith. We are so damn lucky that this guy is running the show. How we lucked into him is straight out of Hollywood. Seriously. When we win a Super Bowl to solidify AJ's greatness for the historians, the rise of this organization is going to read like it was straight out of a movie.

All hail AJ!!!!!

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    :tup:

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The San Diego discount is alive and well. Dielman was one of the most sought after FA lineman in the league and we got him for 10 mil less that anyone thought. If Dwayne Bowe is on the board in the first round I'm all for taking him. He can catch and is really good with the ball after the catch. Makes tough catches and breaks tackles. There will be safety talent to be had in the second round. OL's can be picked and developed over time. I like Jackson and Floyd, but Parker has been a disappointment. I was expecting Jackson to break out last year, but with McCardell gone he's likely to be the mainstay. Even with Edwards gone, the Chargers are ok at ILB. The Chargers just need some depth. Since Michael Turner will most likely be going no where this year, they are fairly well set.

17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    I love this reaction on theseashawks board:

"What a load of crap.

That shows why Dielman is a better man than Hutch right there. Loyalty."

Could not be happier or more surprised. Great thing to come home from a day at the zoo with the boy to find out.!:abq2: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Look at the "Sunny San Diego" thread, though.

They are on on stage 2 of the 5 stages of grief. They were initially shocked, then it was stage 1, denial; "we didn't need him that badly anyway," or "obviously this is the fault of our F.O. and has nothing to do with him not wanting to play here.

Stage 2 is "anger." ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    I did enjoy that tanks:tup:

20. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I can't believe they pulled this off. From EVERY indication, he was long gone.

That settles it. They are gonna win it all next year. The prophecy is being fulfilled. I have foreseen it.

Everybody dance the dance of joy.:nana_dance:

And submit to AJ.:icon_bow:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,610
    He said he was NOT OFFERED a contract. That's not the same as not offered a serious or decent contract, he said NO CONTRACT PERIOD.

22. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 New Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Actually what he said was that all the incentives had been pulled, which wasn't true.

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,593
    how are we talking about brees all of a sudden?

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    'cause Trumpy says so!! :lol:

25. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Man, this is great news to wake up to a Sunday morning to over here. This is a huge stabilizing signing. This line will keep getting better over the next few years.

Trippy ancillary discussions on this thread. Inflation is 2% and not much more as real estate and energy is not included. Watch though as the Chinese continue to loosen up on the Yuan, you will see core inflation on the rise. Euro/Dollar doesn't mean much IMO, mostly an issue because the Euro politicos want a strong Euro right now (much to Airbus' horror). A guy like Dielman might care as he will likely be buying quite a bit of Cristal and French truffles now.

As for Brees, he fell into the AJ's Schotty/Edwards zone. Once your are in AJ's doghouse you simply don't get out. Once banished, you are gone at a point of his choosing. It also appears if he wants to keep you, he finds a way to get it done.

I am pretty high on Rivers, but after seeing Brees step up this year, as much as it pains me to say this, I think an objective and honest evaluation says we would have rings today if he stayed. With the way our O- line protected this past year Brees could have been no taller than Darren Sproles and he still would have had a HOF year with the Bolts.

Rivers was shaky down the stretch and we paid for his inexperience in the playoff (notice no "s" in this word). He didn't lose the game, but he didn't step up either. We will benefit this coming year but I wanted Superbowl action last year.

26. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Concerned Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +214
    I don't agree. :no:
    Drew Brees did step up and surprise everyone yet again, just like he did in 2004 but he did benefit from Houston passing on Reggie Bush and the Saints drafting Marques Colston as well. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a stud but kicking butt in the NFC is considerably easier than it is in the AFC now a days and that really showed in the Superbowl. The Bears were by far the class of the NFC and the only team with an outside shot of beating the AFC reprensentative, where as the Colts may have been the AFC's 3rd or 4th best team at best, regardless of how the playoffs turned out. Denver sure knew how to attack & beat Drew and I doubt he would've beaten them twice in a month or won the Cincy or Seattle games like Philip did.

27. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Eldwin, think you are smelling residue from your nose being too far up Philip's .....ah forget it, I won't go there. I respect your opinion.

28. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    If you rewatch the Pat game (painful, I know) you would notice that Philip actually played a damn good game. He made all the throws... they just weren't caught.

As for Brees... state he's a good player, fine. I agree, he's got skills. To state he's not a lying sack... that's ignoring the evidence. And IMHO Philip Rivers won AT LEAST three games this year Drew Brees would have never won.

We have the right QB, the right GM, and the right of way to the Lombardi. Hang on, Norv... you've never driven anything this fast. :)

29. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I agree with the last paragraph. Rivers is the right guy heading into the future. Price we paid was an early exit from the playoffs in '06. He had a decent game, but didn't win it like Brady found a way to do. Experience counts in crunch time. He won't lose these in the future. You can't honestly try and defend Rivers' two minute drill can you? Definitely issues there.

If Brees was really as unloyal as people say would LT be giving him the respect he does? I don't think so.