1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AJ is gawd.... Deilman signs!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Wow, I am convinced. Brees obviously was lying. It is so clear now!:icon_tease:

2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    It's OK, Philly... I've accidentally clicked on the Bolthead Cheer threads when I'm doing reps...as I click on the last post of that person.... Invariably someone walks in at that time.. You can imagine the reaction... :icon_eek: :lol:

3. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    If AJ's not the one negotiating contracts in the offseason, he's not the one negotiating contracts during the season either.

If the Bolts had given Dielman a $5 million per year deal last year everyone would have called them insane. Hell, a lot of fans were still calling Kris a mediocre guard.

I think Kris' agent wanted to get Dielman to free agency and that's what happened. Okay, so in the last 4 years we've had ONE guy that we wanted to keep who actually made it to UFA. So sue AJ.

4. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 New Member

Ratings:
    +54
    For the record, I don't think it was a big deal like others do on here. I view it as posturing, and all that stuff, and it wouldn't even surprise me if his agent misspoke and when all the Chargers said was that they were threatening to take some incentives away (or just flat out lied to Brees).

No one knows the specifics other than Brees said that all the incentives were pulled and that wasn't true. I don't know if he knew it wasn't true or not which would characterize a lie.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Agreed, Brees is gone and Rivers is doin great. But some feel they have to bash Brees in order to feel good about the deal.

Both sides could not agree. Both sides made it personal.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Huh ?

Even though Dean-o signed off with McGuires tutoring, it was A.J. who wanted Dielman badly.

If A.J. did not want him, ask Donna Edwards what it feels like ....

Your take is weak in basis.

7. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

BLASPHEMER!!!

8. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Dielman said it was AJ's call to him on Thursday and his comments about how Dielman was the top priority that help tip the scales. AJ is so good now that he can get a massage and have the deal get done by his assistant Dean Spanos.

You're just bitter that your "AJ being as *** will drive players away" rant is complete horseshit. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I tend to agree that AJ was very involved with the process of getting KD signed. Also it was he, on 3/1, that was calling Kris and making it clear that the Chargers had not written their last offer to him.... etc. etc.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Well it is true.

A.J. is pimp master daddy of the gods which has extended to the old mans sack.

I am not sure why you are still mad at A.J. ? You hated Morty even worse and once he got rid of him, you turned on A.J.

I think you just do not want to knuckle under to the pressure that A.J. is the ****.

Did A.J. steal your ex ? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    The Seahawk fans are in outrage. LOL

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,223
    I would not use the term 'steal' it was more like stetting the proper market value and persuing it without personalizing it.

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    AJ stole Leisure's dream job. Now all Leisure has to do all day is sit back in her floral mumu and chain smoke her Parliaments.

14. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288

:innocent: :icon_wink: :rolleyes2:

15. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    phuquen awesome - one less hole to fill...

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    To say the Chargers wanted Drew as a backup is pure conjecture. There are no facts to support that ridiculous assertion. New Orleans signed Drew to what was in fact a one year 10 million dollar contract that included a team option for additional years.

Had Drew been a Charger last year, he would have been the starter going into camp, and had he performed like he did in New Orleans, he would have played more than 75% of the offensive snaps and he would have made the same amount that he did in NO.

If Drew wasn't going to play well enough to be our starter, why should we have paid him like one? It made sense, given the injury, for AJ to offer an incentive-based contract. New Orleans was the ONLY team that offered Drew 10 mil guaranteed.

It was going to be up to Marty who started, and there's no way Marty would have gone with Rivers if Drew had come back and played well. Marty has always been loyal, some would argue too loyal, to his veteran players.

So the only way Drew would not have made as much money here last year as he did in NO is if he had been injured. If he played like he did in NO, the compensation would have been the same.

As for Drew having more security by signing the long-term deal from NO, he didn't. The deal was a 1 year deal with a team option. Had Drew stunk it up or not recovered from the injury, NO could have dumped him this offseason without having to pay him another nickel.

As it turned out, Drew would have been better signing our deal than NO's, because he would have received the same compensation from us as he did in NO, only he would have been back in the free agent market this year.