1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AJ is GAWD !!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Nov 7, 2006.

1. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49

what does this have to do with the thread title. yo im not arguing against any of our recent draft picks or FA signings, by any means. but putting this dude and god in the sentence is wrong (not only from a religious standpoint). yall need to chill on the holy references and give more props to the players.

2. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Your question was 'have we one a championship' which the answer was yes. My reply had nothing to do with religion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    AJ is very forgiving, so he will not punish you for your blasphemy, but not all of his followers are as perfect. So be careful of how you disparage him, for it is He that brought us the One, and it is he that will bring us the Lombardi.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Sucks

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That pic mebbe even more gey that the others...nah, they're all about the same amount of...uh...gey-NESS...geiety??

• Like Like x 1
  6. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    So it is written and so it shall come to pass.....

I BELIEVE !!! :bolt:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm member of this denomination.

9. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    that is a bit wierd mate:icon_eek: :icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...493&call_pageid=972053291757&col=972053257289

Super Chargers the pick in a bullish market
    Nov. 27, 2006. 01:00 AM
    GARTH WOOLSEY

Warren Buffet is to billionaire investors what the NFL is to sports — rich and powerful.

When he says, as he once did, that "a public opinion poll is no substitute for thought," you're inclined to think the Oracle of Omaha must know what he's talking about. (If in doubt, you could always take a poll, for what it may or may not be worth.)

Anyway, it came as a bit of a shock to see an online poll conducted by CBS's Sportsline entering yesterday's round of NFL play. Visitors to the website were asked: "Who is the best team in the AFC?"

If you said the Indianapolis Colts, who went into last night's game against the Philadelphia Eagles with a conference-best one loss and who have been dominant dating back to well before this season, you'd be wrong. Surprised?

Football fans spoke and some 20,000 of them said (albeit in an unscientific fashion) that they believe the best team in the AFC is none other than the San Diego Chargers. Roughly half backed San Diego, to 25 per cent for Indianapolis, 12 per cent or so for New England and a smattering of support for each of Baltimore, Kansas City and Denver.

But it is not only the unwashed pigskin masses who believe that the Chargers have been emerging, flying a little under the radar of love-and-hype this season. The experts have been paying attention, too, including former Steelers fullback Merril Hoge, who was quoted the other day as saying: "The Chargers are the benchmark of the NFL."

Benchmark? The Bolts? Gold standard? Worth investing in, emotionally and otherwise? What would Buffet do (assuming he gave a damn about the sport and the team)?

Perhaps people have become leery of the Chargers. They went 12-4 two years ago and made the playoffs for the first time in a decade, but then crapped out and regressed to 9-7 last year. As a franchise, the Chargers have made it to just one Super Bowl, losing to San Francisco at the end of the 1994 season.

Perhaps it is the Marty Schottenheimer factor. The Chargers head coach has the fifth-most regular season victories all-time — 195-126-1. But his playoff record in a career dating back to 1984 with four different franchises is just 5-12.

But it is not difficult to understand how and why the Chargers are inspiring confidence. Before beating the surprisingly feisty Raiders 21-14 yesterday they were already leading the league at 33.2 points scored per game. They have superbly talented running back LaDainian Tomlinson, who added to his league-best touchdown total by scoring two more vs. Oakland, to give him 24 for the season. Plus, he threw for another one, keying yet another San Diego late-game comeback. Quarterback Phillip Rivers, who had a clunker of a game by his standards, continues to justify the decision to let Drew Brees leave town as a free agent. Never mind a league awash in good young QBs (Tony Romo, Rex Grossman, etc.), in San Diego they figure Rivers runs deepest and coolest.

In the two games prior to yesterday, the Chargers twice came back from 17-point deficits to win. They are rugged on defence (lead the league in sacks) and have the swagger on offence. What's not to like?

Then again, what's not to like either about the manner in which the Ravens have re-established their own credentials. Their 27-0 victory over the defending champion Pittsburghers yesterday gave them five wins in a row on the way to a 9-2 record. Beware the black birds.

New England? The Patriots merely handled the Chicago Bears 17-13 yesterday in what some people were calling the Super Bowl preview. Is anyone out there ready to tell Tom Brady and Co. they are anything less than deserving of the best in the AFC label?

Then there are the Colts, for whom nothing short of making it to the Super Bowl will be good enough to convince most observers of their claim to fame. They, of course, are no more money in the bank than the next team. Even Buffet — or especially Buffet — would tell you there is no such thing a sure thing.

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    When is some nice person gonna start making some tee shirts with this nice picture of A.j. on it.:yes:

12. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    That boy needs to get to Church.

[​IMG]

13. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Peter King just gave AJ some major props!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/26/hof.receivers/5.html

• Like Like x 1
  14. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
  15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    What does Santa Rivers have in his bag for all the good Charger fans out there?

[​IMG]

16. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love it !

The anticipation ...... then the sweet joy !

AJ the fan ...... is just like us !

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,671

are you saying Rivers is fat? :lol:

18. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    To AJ!:icon_toast:

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
  20. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    "I am your GM and you shall have no other gms before me."

"I am the GM, who brought you out of the land of futility"

21. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Are these AJ pics of him on the sideline for the record legit, or is it Photoshop?!

22. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    They are legit. I snipped them from the UT and from MSNBC's game pictures.

23. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Awesome find, Sham.

You know, if only AJ showed that he cared about his players. If only he treated them as more than commodities, if only he wasn't a heartless, emotionless automaton, he might actually make a good GM.:icon_tease:

24. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Heh.

AJ should also be jumping for joy every time Rivers throws a TD pass, or leads the Chargers to victory (especially in a comeback), or when Merriman/Castillo make a sack, or when Manumaleuna makes a good catch or block, or when Marcus McNeill flattens somebody.

:yes:

He should also laugh his butt off whenever a negative article or TV story about shEli is done.

25. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I would like to think this is true. I know I do.

:ABQ2: :helm1: :ABQ1:

26. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I didn't want to start a new thread .......

JCDavey's AJ video interview on NFL Network from tonight's Total Access show.

27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    As long as ya doan start a poll :icon_eek: :tdown: :icon_evil:

28. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    ...but a "my last post" thread woulda been nice!! :yes: :tup: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

29. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'll compromise.

A "My Last Post" thread ...... with a poll. :yes: