1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AJ says to Cason, take it or leave it:

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mandude, Jul 22, 2008.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    "Antoine and his agent, Ron Slavin, are viewing our offer,” Smith said. “When they call us and say they like it, they will be in. If they don't like it, they will stay away. They are both making a big business decision right now. Talks have been great; (the) relationship is great. I hope things work out. If not, we will be disappointed and move on.”

Looks like AJ is playing hard ball... and Cason's agent sounds like a dumbass.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080722-9999-1s22chnotes.html

2. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Standard AJ operating procedure. Agents should freaking know this by now!

Nobody is handed anything in this organization. You sign, you get into camp, you compete, you get put on the depth chart accordingly, and you get paid what you're worth (or in the case of rookies, what you're slotted for). Or you can walk.

This isn't the Raiders.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    he's in by Friday

imo

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My take, too. The FO isn't going to screw the kid - I feel 99.9% certain that he's getting a good deal. CBA uncertainty adds to the caution - I can understand that.

BUT .... if he wants a job with the Chargers, he'd best get his *** into camp. Like TT (?) said - this ain't duh Raiduhs. :abq1:

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    AJ is the shiz, he takes care of his own, like Luis Castillo who has earned his payoff.

Cason is not in AJ's own until he puts the damn uniform on and goes to work.

6. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    **** Cason Trebble is better according to my source. And he is legit too:tup:

7. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Once more of the players around his draft position start signing, look for a deal to get done quickly. Probably by this weekend.

Cason was drafted 27 and I believe the # 30 pick has signed. Once 25-29 sign, his agent won't have any leverage and the deal wil get done.

The slotting system sucks but that is the way it is.:unsure:

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Once AJ digs his heals in, one and all know it's all over but the shoutin'. Hell be in most scoshi.

9. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    AJ is like the Chuck Norris of General Managers.

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Did someone say "Chuck Norris"?
    [​IMG]

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    AJ hasa a bad *** rep. check this email I found in peter king's column

• HMMMMM. PROBABLY NOTHING. From Chuck Madden, of Dunwoody, Ga.: "What prevents the Chargers from trading second- and fifth-round picks for Favre? Surely the Pack would go for that. Then Chargers GM A.J. Smith turns around and deals Favre to either the Bears or Vikings. I suspect either team would pay a premium to get better at QB, weaken the Pack, and to stick it to the Packer fans. I can see either paying a first-round pick to accomplish all three. These type trades happen in the NBA (Rasheed Wallace traded from Portland to Atlanta, and a day later to the Pistons) and in MLB (Billy Beane does this often).''

It's an interesting thought, but I would bet the Packers, before dealing Favre, will ask for a gentleman's agreement with the team they'd deal him to that he not be traded. I'm fairly sure the only condition under which Green Bay would trade Favre is that he not be traded a second time.

12. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Chuck Norris is god!:flag:

Jesus walks on water Chuck Norris swims through land.

Chuck Norris tears cure cancer.........too bad he never cries.

The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch, he decides what time it is.

Chuck Norris never gets wet; the water gets Chuck Norrised.

Chuck Norris doesn't have hair on his balls. Hair doesn't grow on steel.

Chuck Norris, pizza and sex. Even when they're not that good, they still kick ***.

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the earth down.

Chuck Norris can drink nyquil and operate heavy machinery.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares at them until they surrender their information.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Chuck Norris had a staring contest with a statue, he won.
    Chuck Norris put the fun in funeral.

There is no chin under Chuck Norris's beard. There is only another fist.

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting. Chuck Norris goes killing.

Chuck Norris once owned a chicken farm. The chickens refused to eat one day, so Chuck roundhouse kicked them so hard that they laid scrambled eggs.

Chuck Norris was what willis was talking about.

Chuck Norris is the reason why waldo is hiding.

Chuck Norris once lost both his legs in a car accident.......and still walked it off!

Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.

13. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The problem with that is we don't have a 2nd and why would AJ want to take the risk? Not a lot of reward for that type of risk.

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Another thing is that Favre wants to go to a team where he'll be almost the de facto starter.

If AJ made a play for him in collusion with the Bears or Vikings, that would send up red flags in Packer-land because everyone in Wisconsin (who are rabid NFL fans, not just Green Bay) knows that Rivers is AJ's "boy". There would be instant suspicion that AJ planned to re-deal Favre to another team that has shown great interest in Favre since no way would he be the starter here. That would mean Bears and Vikings as a 3rd party.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Your "source" is fulla ****.

16. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    AJ isn't the only one. Here's what Bill Polian had to say about signing his draft picks:

17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    not my email bro.

I merely posted it to show the rep AJ has that someone thinks he would try to pull that

18. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
  19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I suggested the exact same thing two weeks ago. :yes:

20. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    your "source" won't make the first cut.... either.... :lol:

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Methinks that Polian is a little full of ****. He may not be willing to move on his offers, but any GM cares about signing his draft picks. Otherwise, why spend all of the time they spend in evaluating talent, building a draft board, paying scouts, etc., etc. ?

Maybe he's trying to emulate AJ & be a hard-***. :icon_shrug:

22. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Exactly!! Then, as Matilack later pointed out, this organization will take care of you long-term, when you get the job done and prove your worth.

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    as mentioned; everyone feels teh need to cross the boss because everyone thinks they're smarter then the previous guys. And in the end, everyone learns to respect AJ's pimp-ness

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Memo:
    To: All Rookies
    CC: All veterans, Head Coaches, GM's, agents, and members of the media

Don't FUK with me. YOU WILL LOSE.

Love your daddy,
    AJ Smith