1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AJ Smith hears from his critics

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
  2. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Thanks...I was starting to get pissed that no one was interviewing AJ. Although, now that it's said and done, I'm not sure I learned much....lot of GM/coach-speak.

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I am very surprised at how prolific (in terms of posts) the AJ haters are all over the Internet. The team takes two losses and they come out of the freaking woodwork! :)

So be it - GM isn't a popularity contest - farthest thing from it. That loss at Green Bay had to hurt AJ badly, (shoot - it hurt all of us) - but if history is any kind of teacher all it will do is dictate going for more defensive players in next year's draft and that is about it.

4. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Thats exactly what I said I wanted us to do in this years draft! Now I was definetly against Chris Davis but the more I see him play the more I feel we will finally have a go to guy! I wanted us to go Safety or DB in the first round last year, and was ridiculed for saying that I didnt want a WR with the first pick!

5. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The Press-Enterprise is a paper that I keep forgetting to check for stories. I think Jim Alexander does a pretty good job, and on average, is more fair in his reporting than the guys from the UT, NC Times or that moron AP writer, Bernie Wilson.

6. Edgar

Edgar BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    AJ said last year that one and out was not good enough for this team.....but, this team, this year, under "his" coach Norv Turner - not one quote in any of these Shamrock posted does he say this team should win a game in the playoffs. Heck, he even now insinuates a "wild card" is just fine. Now, he says "only the Patriots" are good enough to be super bowl contenders every year??

My his expectations have gone down quite a bit now that it is "his" coach leading the team.

I am amazed how far our expectations have dropped...as fans...as a front office. We were elite....and now, well, what are we? AJ Smith now says the goal is to get to the playoffs....last year after the New England game he said it is unacceptable for this team to not go DEEP in to the playoffs. Marty gone....Norv in.....just make the playoffs, even as a wild card, and that is good enough, that is the goal. I just think that is amazing. The dude should run for President or something. To much double talk for my liking.:icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  7. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    :icon_eek: this is what AJ will look like when he faces ole man Spanos if we dont win this week !!!

=======================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Great articles.

Thanks Shamrock.

9. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    If marty hadn't given away most of our good coaching staff we may be doing better as well. Good that spanos got back from his vactaion to finally dump marty before marty sold the team to the saudis or halliburton.

The one coach were really missing is wade phillips.

10. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243

The Riyadh Chargers ???

11. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Baghdad Bolts? :icon_eek:

12. Shamrock