1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AJ Smith vs. Al Davis

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +911
    Sure, but I don't pretend that my take on things are facts.

2. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +911
    I think A.J. gets misunderstood in his hirings of Norv and Cotrell. From reports I read (I wish I could find that article) shortly after the playoff loss to the Patriots, A.J. himself recommended to Dean Spanos that they bring Marty back because he felt the team was close, and that continuity was more desirable than starting over with a brand new coaching staff and philosophy..

So when things went south with Marty, and Dean Spanos fired him, they interviewed a bunch of guys. Some people here make it sound like it was all about A.J. wanting to get Norv into the driver's seat. My take based on the other things that happened, is that A.J. brought in Norv due to his familiarity with Cam's offense, and Cotrell due to his familiarity with the 3-4 and having previously worked with Wade.

So, I feel that these hirings were more about A.J. wanting to maintain continuity because the team was in place, and not due to his ego and having to have a "puppet" or whatever else. I'm guesing that if the team were rebuilding, or in some other phase of development, those two guys wouldn't have been his choices.

Now of course, the whole continuity thing has gone as smoothly as people would have hoped. But I can see why things were done the way they were.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You sure do. It's just a matter of what you want to believe.

You don't know AJ personally either or anything about what is said in the meetings.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Do you believe everything you read? Yeah, we know all about the continuity bull sh!t and the smarter people aren't buying into it.

5. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +911
    If you don't have first hand knowledge, it is just your opinion based on what you do know, which is probably almost nothing. It's OK, none of us know what goes on at Chargers Park, none of us have inside information.

But when you make declarative statements without including things like "I think," "in my opinion," etc., you are presenting your opinions as facts. You are quite fond of doing this. You seem to think that just because you think something, that makes it true.

6. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +911
    I form opinions based on what I read, just like everybody else here.

And who are the "smarter people?" Anyone who agrees with you? I can think of a lot of groups you might belong to, but the "smarter people" is certainly not one of them. :lol:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You don't have that either.
    You and the rest of the Village People are so pointless!! :yes:

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The smarter people are those who don't think "Pro Football Preview" will tell them everything that's going on behind the sceens.

9. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +911
    Did you not read the VERY NEXT SENTENCE???

I said: "It's OK, none of us knows what goes on at Chargers Park, none of us have inside information."

Good God dude! I was only joking way back when I said you didn't have the reading comprehension skills of a 6th grader, but now I'm not so sure I wasn't completely accurate.

You really should read **** before you respond. The whole post. That will help decrease the number of times that you remind everyone here that you are the village idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

So then none of us should be talking about it at all, huh?

The rest of what you posted is the same garbage as what I am responding to.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,642
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::lol::lol::lol:

13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

SMASH THE DONKO!!!! :tup: :abq1: :abq2: :lol: :yes: :flag:

15. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +911
    Damn! Who's that ugly chick in the 21 jersey, and what the f*ck happened to her eyes?

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't see any girls in the picture but I'm going to assume that the thing laying dead on the ground is either you or RTL!!!

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: