1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AL Davis Must have been wearing Knee pads this week!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Oct 10, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Davis Must Have been wearing knee pads because otherwise there is no way he could have blown the refs this much. THat call was ******* bullshit!!! If this ref had been playin the raider game against the PATS Tom Brady would have never won his first super bowl. WTF!!!! IF the tuck rule isn't a fucmble there is no way this one is. He was throwing it. They can say it was out of his palm but he was touching it for at least .0001 sec before it came out while his arm went foward so incomplete. THe league needs to fire this ref and void this game or give us a tie for us being screwed over. WTF!!! REFS HATE US THIS IS LIKE THE ED HOCILEE BS!!!!! **** THIS I'm SOOOOO PISSED IT AIN'T FUNNY!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Blame the refs all you want but we blew a 24-15 lead today against the f'king raiders! The refs didn't do that...the Chargers D did!

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    It was not a BS call.. get over it. The ball WAS out of his hand before his arm went forward. You can blame our ST and our coaching because we were in FG range and we got too aggressive.

4. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Agreed. We also gavbe them 12 free points in the 1st q. However that doesn't change the fact that we got ****** in the ***!

5. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    NO it wasn't. Unless the raider player knocked it foward it can't physically go foward unless rivers was throwing it foward. I know the it was the "black hole" but the refs really shouldn't ignore the laws of physics.

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm not going to blame the refs for the Chargers choking the game away. But this was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. And it wasn't like all the calls went against us. There were bad calls both ways. But the big ones all seemed to go against us.

On the play before Tolbert's fumble at the 1, RM crossed the plane of the goal line. It was a TD and the officials blew it.

Just before the half, Oak called consecutive timeouts, which of course is not allowed. The 2nd one came with one second left on the play clock. Instead of penalizing the Raiders for calling consecutive timeouts, as the rules state, the official said he granted them the timeout by mistake and reset the play clock to 25 seconds for them.

Then, on the last drive, there was a phantom PI penalty on the Raiders, followed by a phantom hold on Gates. And finally, there was the mother of them all, Rivers "fumble."

As I said in the gameday thread, it's basic physics. Take a ball and give it a try. If the ball slips out of your hand while your arm is moving backwards, the ball will travel backwards. If the ball slips out of your hands as your arm is moving forward, it will travel forward. The ball traveled like 5 yards forward, it was clearly an incomplete pass.

7. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

THank you man. In order to go foward it has to have a foward horizontal velocity. That means something was acting on it to cause it to go foward. It didn't look like the raiders player knocked it foward so that means rivers arm must have acted on it to go MAKE IT GO FOWARD. Simple Physics. It can be proven scientifically. Therefore no matter how poorly we played at points. We were also screwed!

8. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    No way in hell you can blame the refs for the loss but it was definitely a contributing factor.

9. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    i blame the refs for not allowing us a fair shot to comeback at the end.

10. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    If Norv would have played a little more conservative since we were in FG range then we would not have had this issue.

11. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Refs were NOT the problem today.

- Two red zone turnovers (and I think Norv should have challenged Mathews' carry before Tolbert's fumble, looked like he crossed the line)

- Two blocked punts for 9 points

- Fumble in FG range inside 2 minutes (and yes, I think it was a fumble, Rivers' hand pushed the ball forward after he lost the handle) turned into 6 points the other way

- Two clock eating drives allowed in the 4th quarter, to an offense who couldn't previously get out of their own way

Blaming the refs for this is way off the mark.

12. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I know its not the playoffs but you really trust nate kaeding even that much?

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You can say the refs were terrible without blaming them for the loss. The Chargers are to blame for the loss. But just because that's true doesn't mean the refs weren't terrible.

14. BoltFanDC

Ratings:
    +329
    Didn't say they weren't...they just weren't a reason we lost.

15. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Well potentially. We can't say because we'll never know if we would have won thanks to that blown call!

16. BoltFanDC

Ratings:
    +329
    Had we played four quarters it never would have been an issue...

17. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    No but does Norv trust him? If he does not have a kicker he can trust to make a 40 yarder then what is the point?

18. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I agree with you for sure. Just sayin that doesn't excuse the reffing.