1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Alex Smith

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MtlBoltsFan, Sep 11, 2006.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Really impressed me yesterday. He looked like Peyton Manning with wheels and I am not just throwing words around. He made great decisions, had great pocket presence and was able to buy tons of time after the pocket started to collapse, and he threw some of the most crisp and accurate deep balls I have ever seen. If San Fran brings in two playmakers on the defensive side of the ball and a good WR and OLman, they will contend for the playoffs next year. Smith really looked unbelievable. Did anyone else catch the San Fran Arizona game and if so what did you think of him?

2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'm proud of my UTE brother... :tup:

Didn't see the Arizona game.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Yeah, Alex looks like a player. I think he might have made the biggest improvement from one year to the next of any QB I've ever seen. I saw a couple niners' preseason games this year, and saw enough chemistry beteween A. Bryant and Smith that I added Bryant to my fantasy team. Bryant had a monster day, and it would have been even better if he had not had a 50yard TD catch called back because of holding.

4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Yah plus there were like 3 drops in that game, one of which could have gone for a TD. By the time Alex Smith is 25 years old he could be the best QB in the NFL :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,475
    You cant judge a QB by how he plays against the Cardinals D, wait till he faces Seattle, Chicago, or even SD to bring judgement. Cardinals D will be the only thing that keeps them out of the playoffs this year. Thats how bad they are.

But he did play better for a queerbait.

6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    The Cardinals D isn't that bad. They just need a good linebacker or two. Cards will be in the playoff hunt.

And yes I can judge him by how he plays against the Cardinals D. I am not looking at statistics I am looking at ability. He went through his progressions and made the proper reads. He has a ridiculously accurate arm, a beautiful deep ball, and is an excellent athlete for a "pocket passer". He is probably the most mobile pocket passer in the NFL as of this moment. He is extremely intelligent. In 3 years he will dominate, bank it :icon_toast:

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Agreed. The Cardinals' secondary isn't all that bad, and SF's putrid O-line, that lost it's entire starting left side to injury on Sunday, did little to help Smith. But despite the intense pressure, and the fact that the 9ers were in comeback mode for much of the game, Alex made plays. He made good reads. His accuracy was excellent, and when forced to manufacture plays, he made them time and again. And I don't mean a scramble and a dump off. Smith completed deep throws with accuracy while running for his life.

I'm with you, MTL. Alex is a pro bowl qb in the making.

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I hope NFL Network chooses the Arizona - Niners game as one of their weekly replays.

9. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    wow, never liked him. if u say so i will watch him.

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    One thing is for sure. If the Chargers play this way all year long, I'll be happy. I'll also catch up on my beauty sleep.:icon_sleep: