1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Alexander

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChargerRay, Aug 12, 2005.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    I just wasted 2.5 hours of my life. This movie sucked bad. Colin Farrel as Alexander? Do not rent this movie!

2. psychicsidekick

psychicsidekick BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    or download it from the internet! :lol:

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Downloading from the internet is wrong. You are taking food from the mouths of poor actors like Colin Farell.

4. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Geez that movie sucked!!!! After the first 10 minutes I wanted to take out my eyes with spoons! There wasn't even any decent shamelessly gratuitous sex/nudity to make up for the lack of quality acting, dialogue, continuity, scenery (etc. take your pick). The person that rented this caca and made me sit through it should be flogged. Angelina Jolie is hot though. :wink:

5. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    I heard Alexander's wife in the movie was rather sharp.

From what I understand, it took about 10 years or so for Stone to research, write and then make this movie. Perhaps the movie will do better in Europe like Troy did.

6. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Yah, I agree. Alexander's wife (played by Rosario Dawson I think) was sharp as in good-looking AND she turned in one of the two credible performances in the movie (the other belonging to Jared Leto - I don't like him but he did a good job). Man, if Oliver Stone spent 10 years researching and making that train wreck, well, I feel sorry for him. It might do better in Europe because they'll actually be laughing at it harder than we did here and who wouldn't pay for a good laugh?

Wink