1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

All Things Vick- All Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    CNN Reports: Michael Vick...

Now that I whole heartedly disagree with, and nothing personal Ant but it is one of the stupidest, and anti-American things I have heard of.

He has not been arrested, he has not refused to pay bail. HE IS ACCUSED of a crime. To forbid him the ability to work simply because of an accusation is criminally unfair and down right unconstatutional. He is after all innocent until proven guilty. It is not like he is working as a dog sitter. He doesnt pose a risk to the public so how can you say he should be removed until a case WHICH HAS NOT EVEN BEGUN YET is over?

You sure your learning American law?:icon_huh:

2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Each case has the weight of evidence on it's own. It's an apples and oranges discussion, IMO.

I think PacMan is truly a turd, a thug, etc - closer to a "true" gangster in his conduct than we've seen in a while.

Vick is an idiot. A "wanna-be" thug and gangster.

As far as punishment, handed down unilaterally from "Judge Shammy" .... based on the press reports, I'd give Vick 1 year of making license plates and $1 million in fines. I'd give PacMan 10 years .... breaking rocks on a chain gang.

I love dogs (and cows), but what PacMan did is a hell of a lot worse, IMO.

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026

I think the lawyers will actually remind me that this is a Federal Criminal indictment - not a civil court matter and that the opportunities to "cop a plea" are greatly diminished. There may be an opportunity for a member of his family/posse to get a reduced sentence by ratting him out? Possible... IMO, the case will be proven or it will not.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

I think some of you just want to see a black man fry. :yes:

I sense some of you going straight to hell. :abq2:

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

This crosses "ghetto" lines. This sport attracts more crackers than any other bunch. You've got dog fighters in East County here and lots of these jokers believe in the Young Earth, in church every Sunday, cursing abortionist to hell while they scream like rabid animals during their favorite blood sport. The money behind this sport means there of plenty of otherwise well heeled white folks in the mix.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

sorry but Vick's actions don't come close to the two you stated.

but, imo,

he should do some time.

HE BROKE THE LAW!!!

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626

I want to see a punk mf'er fry. Black has nothing to do with it.

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

That's cool and you're entitled to your beliefs. Fortunately we have a system for solving these things. Is dog-fighting something I would watch or take part in? Absolutely not but I'm not going to rush to judgement on this either.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632

Hmmm well now that you mention it, the Venezuelan flag was on my law book :icon_tease:
    Seriously though PacMan has not been found guilty of anything either, neither has Tank. PacMan's trials are still pending yet he's gone for the year. I'd say a suspension for Vick for the year would be no different and send a positive message to the NFL. And any employer can fire or suspend an employee if they're indicted through a grand jury because, through their own actions, they have made themselves useless to teh company.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626

East county is mostly ghetto.

By ghetto I mean dirt poor. The color of people who live their is irrelevant.

11. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

just when I gave you props you diss my motherland !!!???

wtf???

:icon_shrug:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

What happened to all the "You should have signed Vick" posters?!!!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

13. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

wow,

things must really have changed since I moved.

:icon_huh:

edit:

Mt. Helix, Steele canyon, Granite Hills must have really gone down hill

14. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Poached from another forum ..... What's your take on this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:​

Date: July 17. 2007 ​

Jim Rybicki
    Public Information Officer
    Phone (703) 842-4050 Fax: (703) 549-5202
    Email: usavae.press@usdoj.gov Web Address: www.usdoj.gov/usao/vae
    Four Individuals Indicted in Virginia Dog Fighting Venture

(Richmond, Virginia) - Purnell Peace, age 35, of Virginia Beach, Virginia; Quanis Phillips, age 28, of Atlanta, Georgia; Tony Taylor, age 34, of Hampton, Virginia; and Michael Vick, age 27, of Atlanta, Georgia, were indicted today by a federal grand jury for conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities (“Travel Act”), and to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture, in violation of federal law. Chuck Rosenberg, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, and Brian L. Haaser, Special Agent-in-Charge, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General, Northeast Region, made the announcement.

If convicted on the Travel Act portion of the conspiracy charge, each defendant faces a statutory maximum of five years in prison, a $250,000 fine, and full restitution. If convicted on the animal fighting venture portion of the conspiracy charge, each defendant faces one year in prison, a $100,000 fine, or both. The indictment also includes a forfeiture allegation seeking recovery of any property constituting, or derived from, proceeds obtained directly or indirectly as a result of these offenses.

According to the indictment, the defendants were involved in an ongoing animal fighting venture based out of a property located in Smithfield, Virginia, from early 2001 through on or about April 25, 2007. The property was purchased by Vick in June 2001. Since that time, the named defendants formed a dog fighting enterprise known as “Bad Newz Kennels” and used the property for housing and training pit bulls used in dog fights. From at least 2002, the defendants and others sponsored dog fights at the property, where participants and dogs traveled from South Carolina, North Carolina, Maryland, New York, Texas, Alabama, and other states to participate. Generally, only those accompanying the opposing kennels and “Bad Newz Kennels’” associates attended the fights. For a particular dog fight, the participants would establish a purse for the winning side, ranging from the hundreds to thousands of dollars. Participants and spectators would also place side-bets on the fight. The dog fight would last until the death or surrender ofthe losing dog. At the end of the fight, the losing dog was sometimes put to death by drowning, hanging, gunshot, electrocution, or another method.

The indictment also alleges that the defendants participated in dog fights at locations other than the property in Smithfield. For these events, various members of “Bad Newz Kennels” would travel to other parts of Virginia and across state lines to participate in dog fights at other venues. The indictment alleges that the defendants and the “Bad Newz Kennels” dogs participated in dog fights in North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, New Jersey, and elsewhere in Virginia.

The indictment also includes allegations about the defendants “testing” the pit bulls in their inventory, to determine if particular dogs were good fighters. Sometimes, the dogs deemed not to be good fighters were be put to death. In the summer of 2002, at various times, Peace, Phillips, Taylor, and Vick performed “testing” sessions at the property in Smithfield. Following some of these sessions, the dogs that did not perform well were put to death by Peace, Phillips, or Taylor. Further, in April 2007, an additional “testing” session was performed by Peace, Phillips, and Vick. Following that session, the indictment alleges that approximately eight dogs were put to death by hanging, drowning, and/or slamming at least one dog’s body to the ground.

The investigation has been a cooperative effort involving, among other agencies, the United States Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General; Virginia State Police; and the Surry County Sheriff’s Office. Assistant United States Attorneys Michael Gill and Brian Whisler are prosecuting the case on behalf of the United States. The federal investigation into the defendants’ criminal conduct is continuing.

Criminal indictments are only charges and not evidence of guilt. A defendant is presumed to be innocent until and unless proven guilty.

15. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

They're posting on the "other" message board.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

This is what makes Americans seem like idiots. They impose their fuc't up values and guilt others into feeling like they are doing something wrong.

It will not be long before Americans tell Spain and Mexico that the bullfights are a sign of a sick society full of deviants and perverts.

Some of the **** you guys post is amazing that you get sucked into buying the brainwashing bullshit of being politically correct.

Vick could easily say "hey we were training guard dogs for attack missions against Al-Queda" and some would **** themselves because that was too inhumane to the dogs.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

lol. It certainly isn't Chargers forums.

Probably not Saints either!!!:lol:

18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Bullshit.

Playing the race card is a cop out ........

19. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347

People who fight dogs share a mental pathology that will very likely include child and spousal abuse. These dogs are a threat to anyone and anything around them because they cannot be controled, merely locked up and restrained. The training begins with the killing of puppies and kittens. People who do this are also quite capable of unprovoked violence themselves and also far more likely than the general population to be involved with other forms of criminality.

20. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Tank was convicted, sentenced, and served time.

You are correct on PacMan's situation.

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Pfft...Vick skates so do not be surprised and make up excuses.

Watch.

22. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347

It depends on whether or not, and I think it likely, tax evasion and illegal gambling charges are filed as well. There is a lot of undeclared income involved with this. Winnings, stud fees, dog sales and betting vig.

23. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Ron Mexico's new nickname is "Ookie" ...... too damn funny ......

24. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494

I used to just think Vick was a bad QB. Then I thought he was an idiot for flipping off Atlanta fans on television. And now I hate him for this. He owns that property. Whether he knows what's going on there or not, he is responsible for what takes place there. I don't know how you feel about this Trumpet, but there is NO way I could imagine Vick not being involved up to his chin here.

25. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21

Say what you want about it being dogs and not humans but I have read many articles where a high percentage of people on death row for murdering humans started out brutalizing animals first.

If one can show inhumane cruelty to an animal it is likely that they are capable of cruelty to humans as well.:tdown:

26. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Sure .... just like you said he wouldn't be indicted? :lol:

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Cop out my ***. The good old boy network exists in full force today and you know it. This is another example of media and Senators looking for headlines in election years.

Notice the media sensationalizing buried dogs and r a p e stands.

Effing dogs die so should they eat them? Dogs get bred but they are called R.A.P.E. stands for effect......Why is it not one fuc-king poster mentions this media sensationalism and just rolls merrily along with the rest of the "fry his *** crowd?"

Vick is not Pac-Man making it rain. He is another blackman wearing corn rows at a time when balls are being squeezed. Vick is getting railroaded into **** which happened at a rental property he never visited but this is not good enough for the fans. I see a lynch mob mentality similiar to the 60's and that is what I see.