1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

All Things Vick- All Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jul 17, 2007.

1. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Scotty Ferrall had an interesting take on why Vick took the deal now. For those of you with Sirius, he was on Howard for a quick chat today. Listen to the Ferrall show tonight and I'm sure he'll discuss it all. Has everything to do with RICO charges for the gambling operations rather than killing some dogs. They sucked him in with the dog fighting thing, but they want his info. on the larger issue of the gambling trail and organized crime/dogfighting rings. You know Vick is singing like a canary right now... and he'll be doing a lot of this :broncfan: in prison

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Scooby, Goofy, Underdog, Astro
    Snoopy, Droopy, ??, Stimpy

Who is that yellow dog...recognize him but can't remember the name.

oh and

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :icon_rofl: :lol: :icon_rofl: :lol: :icon_rofl: :icon_toast: :tup:

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The hypocrisy is what gets me.

Vick kills a dog and 99.999% in this forum want his balls and excommunicated for life.

Leonard Little of the Rams kills a woman driving drunk and gets another DUI after he kills this chick - yet not one poster here can show me a post on this forum demanding this fu-cker gets the same treatment if not worse than Vick is getting.

Kill a dog "Do Not Pass Go"

Kill a human being while intoxicated .... Leonard Little is still collect his Ram's paychecks.

Hmmmm.....

You have to love this country.

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I doubt many people even knew of Little's history and that he served such a small amount of time.

I think it's the media that is largely to blame. The Vick dogfighting thing took a life of it's own in the media and forums, in a tabloid way, for almost this entire year, while Leonard Little's crime probably was out-of-mind to most people about a month after his sentence.

8. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Whats so bad about Killing a fugging dog anyway

You got to get rid of the weak, Im with you TRUMPY, this **** is out of wack, they just want a rich black man to go down for this **** and Vick is a high profile guy that they need, and they want us to keep our minds off the War, the next terrorist attacks by our own govt and the up coming Police State.

Chu'ch

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    How many dogs have you killed? :icon_shrug:

I won't even get in to your conspiracy theories. :huh:

10. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    I have only killed one other dog besides the ones I've owned.

What Conspiracy Theory?

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Why did you kill that other dog?

How did you kill it?

Why did you kill the dogs you've owned?

And how did you kill the dogs you've owned?

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    There was a story on the local news the local news that Kncks Guard Stephon wondered what the big hub-bub was all about-"I mean, it's a sport, right??"

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    ESPN has a dude clamoring for everyone to stop the "snitching" :lol:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

ESPN SHOULD JUST SHUT UP

So we're watching Man-Girl and Meatball in the Morning on ESPN2, but as usual one or both of the Mike's is gone. (How much freakin' vacation time do those guys get?) In their place, Doug Gottlieb and Michael Smith are soldiering on, complete with the weekly "Just Shut Up" feature.

And one of the possible choices caused us to choke on our whole wheat double fiber toast (which, actually, isn't hard to do).

The option was Quanis Phillips and Purnell Peace, "For agreeing to plea deals and failing to stick up for the embattled QB."

What the f--k? We don't watch a lot of ESPN programming, but we somehow missed the fact that Bristol is now at the forefront of the "stop snitchin''" movement.

How can ESPN even begin to justify suggesting that two men who confessed to the commission of crimes -- crimes that we now know Mike Vick himself committed -- should be criticized for telling the truth? We are virtually speechless. (We couldn't just say "speechless" because, obviously, we're not silent.) This sends a horrible message to impressionable youths who will view the move as a subtle acknowledgement by ESPN that the right thing to do when the chips are down is to say nothing.

Real life isn't Goodfellas. We want our kids to know right from wrong, and it couldn't be more wrong to suggest that it's somehow wrong for someone to admit responsibility for his actions, even if the admission gets someone else in trouble.

These guys weren't tattling on Vick; they were confessing to their own misdeeds.

And so what if they "told on" Vick? He was guilty, and he lied about it. If the goal of the justice system is to get to the truth, and if the only way to get there is for other people to tell what they know, it's completely and totally inappropriate for a major broadcasting entity with a near ubiquitous (thanks, Tiki) presence in modern life to suggest that folks should clam up as a way to "stick up" for their friends.

14. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    i've had to kill a few dogs who were chase'in cattle...they get into pack mentality and go wolf. they just chase the cows 'till they catch and kill 'em. they don't even eat on the cow. anyways, big problem for a cattle rancher. losing a $1000 dollar cow every night warrants the dogs need'in to be stopped.
    i know ratatat has had to for sheep kill'in as well.
    my point bein' is that there are times when pooches need to be put down.
    don' get all uproarious over 'dis **** homey...nobody's gonna kill benny.
    go charger.

15. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Dave Lettermans top 10 Mike Vick dogfighting excuses.

#10 "House came with a dogfighting pit, and it seemed like a shame to waste it"

#9 "Wanted to distract the public from crooked NBA referees and cheating baseball players"

#8 "Judgment was impaired by playing with lead-based Chinese toys"

#7 "I was training the dogs to...uhhhhhh...get Osama"

#6 "Always wanted to be quarterback for a prison team, like in 'The Longest Yard'"

#5 "Steroids made me all crazy"

#4 "Eddie Brill told me I needed something big to close on"

#3 "Oh like you've never run an illegal dogfighting ring"

#2 "Thought I could get out of it by buying Kobe Bryant's wife a diamond"

#1 "Fights weren't worse than what you see on 'The View'"

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Right on. I grew up having to do the same thing in Texas. Most people do not know a pack of coyotes can destroy hundreds of watermelons and dogs especially if they are semi wild on a farm ....pffft....they are worse. We would also set out strychnine tacos which consisted of animal fat laced with poison and it was rolled up into a ball and jammed on sticks 2 foot high in the fields. If it came to protecting crops and livestock, we used whatever means we could to fight back. If Fido gets it in the melon from a .30-06 because he and his cousins want to rumble, oh well.

Sometimes I would watch our dogs kick the **** out of the neighbors dogs because those bastards were after livestock, our chickens etc etc so fuc em. It saved me a bullet and usually the other dog got his asss whooped so bad they never came back. :yes:

17. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    hate the yotes. popped one deer hunt'in the weekend before last. vermin. i'll try an' shoot everyone i see when i go this weekend.
    deer n pig snauseges for watch'in bolt domination on the plasma.
    but i got to say, your boy vick is POS. don't want peeps to get the wrong idea, i love me some dogs and you shouldn't treat 'em like he done. i think it's just and right he's goin' bye bye.
    go charger.

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_rofl: - Vick ain't my boy

I like to call it a soap opera for the mildly amused inclusive of every freaking conspiracy scenario known to mankind all brought to you at very little to no cost compliments of Bolttalk.com. :lol:

Oh and it all started when I said if this were Peyton Manning, I suspect things are handled differently and it lit the fuse. :lol: :abq2:

Now we all know Vick is hiding a deeper truth such as who else attended from the NFL. :icon_eek: :icon_twisted:

How would Chargers fans react if they saw a picture of LaDainian Tomlinson in the dog fight crowd as a spectator at one of Vick's events? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug:

That little "what if" is guaranteed to lite a few more fuses of thought. :yes:

Some will not believe I could even post something like that so ......... on goes the circus. :icon_toast:

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    [​IMG]

No animals were harmed in the filming of this event :icon_rofl:

This is me in the South of Texas doing exactly what I said last year or the previous year. Scary looking mo-fo :abq2:

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yo Harley... I know what's up with the type of dog shootin' you're talking about. Just wanna see how coldblooded "ColdBlooded" really is. Oh... and you can't kill Benny... he's already been run over by a bus, a car, jumped off a 30 foot ledge and kept runnin', swept away by the roaring river when he was 10 weeks old... he's indestructible. :abq2:

21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Shammie seemsta be ill-prepared to exterminate Mr Coyote; he never seemsta have Mr Red Ryder available :no: :icon_shrug: , but his cat population seemstabe under control. :icon_eek:

Coincidence?? I think not!! :no: :icon_rofl:

22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

:icon_eek:

:icon_rofl: :bolt:

23. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :lol:

24. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851

Any bets on the beer count and Trumpie's BAC level when this photo was taken? :icon_tease: :flag:

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    My sister in law who makes the cool Chargers stuff will be your neighbor within the next 9 months. I told her she needed a gun. She is an animal lover and will not harm animals. I told her when she saw her pets getting eaten alive, she will learn to pull a trigger and get over it.

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Dude, and I was pretty well lit in the photo, notice the left index finger. :yes: Not on the trigger ..... That takes incredible control after what we did before this photo was taken.

The photos I will not show is the beer can I missed at point blank range with the .357 from the deer blind and the massive holes I made all around the beer can. Jesus, I aimed for the left right and middle can (there was only one can) and missed all 3 cans. FUC :icon_evil:

27. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    And I thought the guy was scary looking with a spatula?

[​IMG]

28. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    YIKES. Looks like Woodsy the Owl is armed, dangerous, and smokin' a helluva' lotta crack!!! :icon_eek:

[​IMG]

29. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    That's because we didn't know what he was going to do with that spatula. :icon_eek:

30. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Mr Coyote likes defenseless house pets :yes: