1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

All Things Vick- All Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jul 17, 2007.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    CNN Reports: Michael Vick...

Crossing state lines and of course the money aspect will be the clincher against Vick and named associates.:bolt:

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026

When I read that - between the lines it says (to me) the Feds have already turned one member of his posse to testify against the rest of the group. I may be wrong - but look at the details... Interesting.

Life sux when your friends call you "Ookie" and testify against you in Federal court. :icon_rofl:

3. Bawl Movement

Bawl Movement BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4

When the Feds took over that case it cemented any doubt Poindexter was not committed to this case. Actually, he seemed committed to downplaying it. It seemed like every statement he made was laced with... "nothing to see here.... move along..."

4. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942

Hey! I resemble that remark.

There is a difference between homicide and torturing animals but even if Vick is found not guilty he will still be a POS to most fans. This will haunt him the rest of his career. In hindsight I'm pleased with the Vick/LT trade.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

As I've been saying ...... Follow the money ......

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

you are kidding, right?

the dude is in the public eye.

he's held to a higher standard. Like it or not.

lynch mob???

not even close

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

As a landlord, if you have no knowledge of what is going on, you are not responsible.

If you have knowledge, you can be in trouble.

I have always maintained this fact.

For someone to say a landlord should know what is going on the property and be held responsible is BULLSHIT. The landlord has a due diligence and if that is being met, then the rest is just NAZI speak.

For instance, I own properties in Texas which I inspect annually if not semi-annually. If a renter holds a rooster fight at my rental and I do not know about it, the renter is responsible and not me. If I am made aware of the fact, then the tables change if I allow it to continue but to say "hey you are responsible for what happens in a rental" is not entirely true. It is fascist to make those statements.

If that were the case, you would not see any rental properties.

8. Bawl Movement

Bawl Movement BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4

I don't care who you are, if that shvt happens on your property, you're going to be investigated and charged (it doesn't take much evidence for an indictment) especially when witnesses place you there. It doesn't make it racist, it's just the way it is. Vick may or may not be found guilty. But there's nothing to suggest it's racist at this point. If it was John Rocker's house he'd be encountering the same criticism.

9. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494

You live across the street and can vouch for this?

10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

You're nuts Tony ....

Illegal gambling, animal cruelty, tax evasion, and this all was initially started from a local drug investigation (another illegal activity) ..... Dude was up to his eyeballs in criminal activity.

It has absolutely nothing to do with race.

11. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

so if you rented one of those to your brother and he did a bad bad thing, you don't think they are going to come talk to you??

12. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

We need a new thread with a poll ....

Which is a dumber nickname? Ron Mexico or Ookie .... ???

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,366

While I agree that people who fight dogs are more likely to share the mental pathology you mention, not all of them share that pathology. You also have to look at varying cultural norms. In some parts of the world, dog fighting is a culturally accepted and legally sanctioned activity. Obviously, in the US, where dogfighting is illegal, people who engage in dogfighting are more likely to be involved in other forms of criminality, since dogfighting operations are usually operated by organized crime.

I was not dismissing Vick's behavior. But I am surprised that animal cruelty often provokes a greater emotional response from people than cruelty to people.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

If my brother murdered my sister in my rental house, should I lose my rental home? Of course not.

If my brother was holding dog fights on a property I owned and I did not know about it, should I have to lose my rental home? Of course not.

IF the landlord knows what is going on then it is different.

Vick said he NEVER visited the property.

A cousin apparently went thug.

If my cousin went thug in a rental property of mine and I did not know it, why a federal indictment?

Either the Feds have proof or somebody needs attention.

I think a Senator needs attention and Vick is being made out to be a token scapegoat and the rest of the forum has gone Pavlov's dog (no pun intended - ok maybe a little).

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,366

Trump, you are buying into the Vick propaganda. If the Feds could not tie Vick to the dog ring, he would not have been indicted. If it was just a matter of Vick owning the property, they could have indicted him months ago. People were coming out of the woodwork to rat on Vick--people that had seen him at the property, had seen him at the dogfights and knew that he was involved in the operation.

Vick was involved in an organized criminal activity across state lines in which illegal bets were made. Mr. Mexico might be going to the slammer.

The primary disparity in the criminal justice system is not between white and black, but rich and poor. Mike Vick is rich and famous. He will get as fair a trial as anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108

I'm interested in hearing what the sponsors have to say. Up to this point, they had not caved under the scrutiny of the media and public.

17. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108

It's the old "wag the dog" scenario.

18. Bawl Movement

Bawl Movement BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4

Sounds like your drinking the Vick Kool Aid as much as you say others are drinking the Feds Kool Aid.

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018

Word

20. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

got it.

But,

by no means is this a race card.

they found shiit. bottom line, and now they have questions,

and, dude is held to a higher standard.

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

You know what I see.

I see his cousin (Vick's) who is a worm and his amigos telling him that they are going to extort money out of his asss otherwise, they are going to say they saw Mike Vick at all the dog fights knowing Vick owns the home.

So greedy little pricks are trying to muscle some cash out of the family is what I smell.

Vick rooting at a dogfight in front of his cousins thug buddies just does not pass my litmus test of reasonability. Not even close.

And for the rest of you....think about what I said before you chop Vick's balls off just to look good (because of the LT deal)

• Like Like x 1
  22. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +491

ever heard the expression "the more I know people the more I like my dog" ?

Of course I dislike those who are violent to people (like pacman) but in that case I see it as people choosing to place themselves in a certain situation, they have a choice, dogs that are put in a ring to fight till death don't.

23. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942

Tony,

Go back and read the indictment (bottom of page 8 I think). There is alot of detail on Vick being present at many criminal locations in several states and at his own property. He's in deep ****.

24. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +491

As you know I'm mexican and I am strongly against bullfighting and any other form of cruelty to animals for the sake of entertainment.

I hate PC but in this case it has nothing to do with it, it a question of respect (if not like) for other living beeings

25. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

I know that you are a teacher in Mexico (Tijuana) and a native.

What if I said ALLl mexicans are sick because they slaughter a poor defenseless bull with lances and a sword in the bullfights and that nothing you say will change my mind?

America is real close to thinking they can guilt the rest of the world to think like them otherwise, tisk tisk....you are inferior somehow.

That is bullshit.

26. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942

follow this link

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

I can equally see a scenario where this eyewitness was involved in extorting money out of Vick's cousin otherwise, guess what?

I saw Vick even shoot the dogs himself.

28. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626

T, read the indictment.

29. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108

You can chalk one up for the bulls in Spain who recently gourged 7 people during the big bull run. I laugh when I see that..........what else did they expect.

As for bullfights, there is that one video of the bull giving a guy an enema and then taking his shorts off in front of everyone. :lol: