1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Am I a lunatic?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Osmekaman, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    I am no lover of Norvel and have begun to doubt the divineness of AJ - strike me down. :icon_evil:

However.....are we so disfunctional that we could actually win this thing this season?
    Could the players be united in their dislike for a coach enough to win to spite him?

1. Rivers can win any given game by himself (although he has yet to do so in a really big one yet).

2. Clutch of well documented offensive weapons.

3. Hardwick's return, Vasquez improvement and a stable O-Line = improved running game.

4. Rivera taking the reigns off and realizing he who dares, wins.

5. Merriman returning to full throttle - no sacks yet but the chase down play Sunday gave me hope.

6. Improved secondary play - even from Cro!

there are still huge holes, but could the above be enough?

Optimistic, naive, lunatic - you decide.

Oh, and if you share my lunacy...then the Bolts can be had at 26:1 for the SB - get your money on now before we take off.

:icon_toast:

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Hey, I'm with you on that. I'm an optimist (or just a homer...) and anything can happen in this league. I'll buy most of that. I'll let you know where we stand after the NY Giants game when we play a real good team on the road.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    I definitely believe there is something in the 'to spite him' theory. The leaders need to come together and say F it let's do this thing for someone like LT who might be (probably is) in his last year.

Having said that I need em to be better than 26/1 to part with my few shillings!.

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    If you have to ask if you are a lunitic, then most likely you are one. :lol:

As bad as this MASH Unit, um Team looked after week one, I have hope for all the reasons you stated. OL being one of the big ones.

The other change I hope to see is more Dobbins and Siler and less Cooper and Burnett. The later 2 have resembled speed bumps in the middle of the D. Donnie was better at stopping the run then these 2 and he was much better in coverage.

• Like Like x 1
  5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Thank you for being a shining example of the kind of illogical Norv-hating that Canepa talked about in his column this week. If the Chargers lose, it's because Norv sucks. But if the Chargers win, it's because they hate Norv so much that they are winning to spite him. How does that make any sort of sense at all? So I guess if the Chargers just hated Norv more, they would not have allowed two return TDs against the Donks, or settled for so many field goals against the Ravens.

Don't get me wrong, I don't love Norv. This team has been very inconsistent the last three years. But this team's play is not all about Norv.

6. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I think you're just drunk off that win against a bad Chiefs team. Just wait 'till after the Giants game to feel this optimistic. I want the Chargers to prove they can win against good teams before I start talking championships.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We could go on a tear. Who knows? :icon_shrug:

Still doesn't mean you aren't a lunatic. :icon_tease:

8. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Enough with the *****ing about the coach! When we win he is brilliant when we lose he is a retard. That is typical; everyone that cheers for any team anywhere goes through the same deal it's a universal thing.... The season is young; and the team will get back in form!

Granted against the failure chiefs;we did see a glimpse of what this team is capable of and I liked it. His offense is a lot more apt to score lots of points and health in the O line will bring the running game back to control the clock Norv and this team are both on the right track though and I think we are in store for some great charger ball!:bolt:

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You can relax man... ain't no one in here gonna call you crazy...

[​IMG]

:lol:

10. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    "However.....are we so disfunctional that we could actually win this thing this season?
    Could the players be united in their dislike for a coach enough to win to spite him?"

One of those Charger "fans" who knows very little about the Chargers and not much about football.

The fact that players go out of the way to compliment Norv shows how wrong you are.

GO out of their way to spite him. Really

So you hate your boss so much you go out of your way to work harder. Must be a great boss having all his employee's working so hard.

Horrible Horrible post.

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    Someone piss in ur cheerios Zeus?. The guy is putting something out there for discussion. To call him out is plain wrong. For the record Osmekaman is a v knowledgeable Charger fan going back years. So take a chill pill and disagree if u want to.

13. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83

What he said is no different than Charger fans screaming to cut Merriman, Rivers, and fire all our coaching staff mid season.

Its a stupid post from what I can assume from either a troll or a fan who doesn't understand the situation.

It shows me someone who doesn't read what the players say and assumes that everyone hates our coaches like he does.

Same people who want Cowher as our HC. A HC who took the Steelers to ONE SB win and who had dozens of other years where his teams lost HUGE games and he made horrible decisions.

Your untitled to your own opinion, however when a poster says something incredibly STUPID I am going to point it out. That is my right.

BTW it was a garbage post.

14. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    You are stricken. :flag:

But I think we will have a good shot at this thing, I'm not optimistic, I just know what this corps of guys is capable of. I mean we have essentially the same group as our AFCC game, plus or minus a few pieces. IMO, we are better than that group because our young'ins from then are more experienced now, and we have made some good moves. Albeit we are damaged on both lines, but hell, the Steelers didn't have a good line when they won and the Colts didn't have a good running game when they won either. Jez sayin. :icon_shrug:

15. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Lunatic? Not in my opinion, but you need to do your mathematics. That is how one can blow up a perfectly functional hotel on the Vegas strip and build a bigger one. And that with everybody else's money. They do their mathematics.

Now that we have lost to the Donks, this calculation is not ONLY about the Chargers. You have to figure the chances of the Steelers, Ravens and Bungles... (as two of those could be wild cards). Maybe the Pats, Jets and Fish if you want to be really careful. Houston is a dark horse.

I like the idea of picking up a cool quarter million on a $10,000 bet. Things are not as cut and dry as if we win the division. But of course EVERYBODY knows that.

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My balls itch!!! :lol:

17. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    You're probably right mate, if you say so, it must be a garbage post.
    Unfortunately, i can't be as deep and philosophical as yourself and sometimes need to let off steam about my team with a different slant to the usual "cut Merriman, River, fire all coaches" to which you refer.

I think I was probably trying to express my optimism for the team despite all the negative posts (myself included) in the last 7 weeks.
    Thanks for the rest of the posts who took it for what it was.
    :icon_tease:

18. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    I do wonder why I bother sometimes.

19. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Because you've got an opinion.
    And if I'd $10,000 spare, I wouldn't be betting on the Bolts - I'd be going to SD with the Eurobolts for the Philly game!

:icon_party::icon_toast::icon_party:

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY! Scratch my balls man.

:icon_rofl: