1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Am I the only one who thought Cro had a good game?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Alpenbolt, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Just wondering. I thought his coverage was pretty decent and the pass interference call was a bad one.

2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
  3. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135

[​IMG]

4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    One good play is all i have seen from him since August.

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Of last year?

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    there's a little of debate about that call but he was still a call

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    To put it mildly, that PI on Cro was bullshit.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Cro has played like ****. Loads of talent but no football brains - yet. I do not expect **** from him for another year at least. The dude is just too green and has not seen enough snaps to have that instinct to know where to be and how to jump a route.

9. Monkeybacon

Monkeybacon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Maybe if he watches Jammer a little more he will learn when to jump a route. (thats sarcasm for you sarcasmically challenged folks)

I don't care if he gets burned a few times, just put him in man. I would take Elvis Patterson over Jammer at this point. The 15 yard cushion on Moss was the last straw for me. Moss is not as fast as he was when he was in Minnesota. To give that dude fair catches all day long for 8 yards is inexcusable. I see post after post on this site bagging on norv and phillip etc. Why am I the only one that is willing to admit that Jammer is the weakest link?

10. Monkeybacon

Monkeybacon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    BTW I'm drunk as F so i have more to say

We havn't had a decent corner since Gill Byrd.

Put Cro and Weddle at corner and send jammer and shithead headslam to the raiders for a couple of draft picks.

Goddam I can't wait till tommorow, Farve is going to get mangled and retire afterword.

Also BTW: **** OJ

.:icon_beerbang:

11. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Good! Finally someone who knows coverage calls and who's in the right place and who's not.

Would you then explain which coverages you thought he did well in, and if he was able to cover for someone who might have blown it a couple times?

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    We all know if was a bad cal and he had good coverage on THAT PLAY. Its the other plays where he hasnt that bothers me. One good play doesnt mean he had a good game. He hasnt played well since August of this year when he is supposed to be getting better.

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    :lol: :icon_toast: - Drunk posting rules !!!!! :icon_party:

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed.

Cro is indecisive and on that one play he had played it about as good as it gets but you are right, it was ONE play. It was the rest of the times I am wondering what the hell the dude is watching. I see he has the skills. He needs a shitload of reps and situations before he will bust out. I had hoped he would contribute more but after watching 6 games this year, it is not going to happen right away.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Right now the guy is still relying on his physical skills. His mental game is not developing as well as I had hoped:no:

• Like Like x 1
  16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Cro played well, damn him and Hart pulled one hell of a Houdini act then.:bolt:

17. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Cound not agree more. He's shown me enough of ability to keep up with a flanker, along with his physical attributes to keep my interest, he's shown enough promise to stick around and enough boneheaded mistakes to prove he's inexperienced.

That PI call was total bullshit, great coverage, but what do you expect an official to do when he see's a chargers uniform correctly covering a reciever, I'd throw the flag out of shock.:lol:

18. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Hey maybe I am reaching but I am just looking for a little positive news in the secondary. The play right after PI call he covered well also. Overall, didn't see too many balls go his way but don't remember him getting clearly beat either. By our secondary standards, that is a good game. Lets get him those reps.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    What concerns me is, I always thought that those instincts were in-born, either you have it or you don't. Jammer has had 6 years to "get it", and we're still waiting.

I'm tired of burning high draft picks on CB's. We need to invest in a DB who already possesses the ball skills, and has proven it at the NFL level.

Even if it's a second-tier guy, like Dallas getting Anthony Henry in free agency a few years ago. My patience is running very thin.