1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Amidst The Depression..Congrats To The Burner

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I just wanted to give a big congrats to former Bolt, Turner the Burner. He sure had a nice coming out party in front of his home crowd. I'm very happy for him.

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Turna tha Burner is the real deal. This may be Detroit but it's only going to be consistent. We called always count on Turner. Now the Falcons can

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Indeed. Well done.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    agreed!

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Congrats to the Burner, and thanks for scoring 39 points on my fantasy team. :tup:

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yep - good for you, MT!!! :tup:

Glad you're getting your well-deserved shot. :yes:

7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Now that i think about it, I'm scared as hell at the thought of MT running against our front 7. he may break AP's rushing record. :icon_eek:

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    He seems to have been bit of a fantasy sleeper. Those who drafted him are happy as clams. I have him in my brother's league.

9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Hey Titansfan24, still think Turner wasn't worth a #1? :icon_rofl:

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    agree congrats to the Burner!

I knew he would shine when he got the chance, I only wish I had got him in my FFdraft

11. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Well deserved....He is deserving of the attention he is getting. Nothing but love for the guy. I will be cheering for his intro when the Falcons come to town. But when the game is on...IT'S ON!!

12. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Props to “The Burner”, I knew that he would do well in “the ATL”….he’s an NFL proven RB who will take a ton of pressure off rookie QB Matt Ryan by providing him with what few new QBs are fortunate enough to have at their disposal - a credible running game.

The only question mark now is if Turner is able to take the pounding as the #1 guy for an entire NFL season….if he can, he may just compete for the rushing title! :tup:

13. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Could you imagine LT and Turner as the top two RBs? Everyone would just have to admit that SD is the **** when it come to drafting running backs, cornerbacks, and any other position for that matter.

14. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ... When Mr. A.J. Smith, in his infinite wisdom, drafted the Burner in the late rounds. It will turn out to be every bit as good a selection if not better, than the Donks snagging Terrell Davis years ago. I'll always be grateful for his "nail in the coffin" 83 yarder to snap the Colts unbeaten streak a few years ago. I only wish that he could have been ours long enough to step in after LT hung it up. Not a realistic wish, of course :no:

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I really don't think that MT will have a problem carrying the load.

16. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Nope,

I got Chris Johnson, the next LT, and your NFL Rookie of the Year (if he stays healthy) :lol:!

Seriously, I love Turner, but RB's have about a five year shelf life typically, and you can get by with a decent one.