1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Amish Tragedy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chispa, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I noticed that they did keep the press away from the actual ceremony at the cemetery. The press will butt into anything, anywhere that they can. It's all about the money!

2. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    Hey Chispa!
    No honey it is not just you. I can see the press coverage with the actual hideous event. School shooting and such. Thank God the freak offed his ownself. We might have had to hear about this crap for months if not years during the trial process and these families would have been drug thru hell and back. Made me nauseous to watch the news today. Let these families bury their children in their own way WITHOUT vulture press people swarming all over the place. Leave them alone and let them grieve in peace. Simply breaks my heart.....

3. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Oh my, that's terrible. I didn't see that. In fact on the station I was watching they mentioned that the media was kept away from the Cemetery so I thought that was cool. What a terrible tragedy the entire thing was.

4. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    I might be wrong, but what I understand is this. The Amish do not have a typical burial. The funeral service is held at the home. And most often the deceased is buried at the home not at a cemetary? Dang! Is this right?:icon_shrug:

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I know that this is wishful thinking but it goes like this.

I wish that the media would leave these people alone so they can GRIEVE instead of having a bunch of Sharks that smell blood and have to get their feeding frenzy going by trying to get the story.

It sickens me like no ones business.

The Amish are different people so leave them alone already.

Media stop trying to get that last crumb of a story and allow the parents of the girls to go on with their lives if they can.

6. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I've seen a lot of Amish people when I've driven around the upper Midwest. Never talked to any of them, as I was driving, but always enjoyed friendly "waves" with them.

Seem like nice people. Let them mourn in peace.

7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The Amish are to my Opinion very good people because when I was a little boy in Kansas they would at times offer me an apple or two if I was around their territory just playing. They always made sure we played safe and away from the cars that were whizzing by. For the most part though they kept to themselves. Rarely went to town for anything except the necessities they needed that they could not make for themselves.

:icon_evil: Media leave these people alone so they can grieve in peace please.:icon_evil: