1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ammonia sniffers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Read this bizarre article. Are our players really sniffing ammonia before games?

Bolts more lucky than good; game more loony than good - CBS Sportsline

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    They need to do that at halftime too! :lol:

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    FUGGG!!!!

THAT REEKS (LITERALLY) OF THE SVARE YEARS

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    This was one of the worst excuses for journalism I've ever read. This guy is so up Peyton's jock that I hope he uses some tough actin Tinactin.

His whole premise for this article is that we were lucky. Sorry chump, but you don't win NFL games on luck alone. Besides the Colts had luck of their own. Was it luck that caused Sproles to run back not one, but two kicks? Was it luck that caused Peyton to throw six interceptions? Including three to Cromartie (in which he made spectacular plays). To say this is all just luck is to take away all credit from Sproles, Cromartie, Phillips, Wilhelm, and all the others that made great plays?

He says it's just luck the mr surefoot Adam Vinatieri missed a game winning field goal. Maybe he does make that kick 99 times out of 100, but 999 times out of 1000 Philip Rivers isn't going to just drop the football in the endzone for a give me TD to the Colts. Yeah, the Colts had some luck also.

Seriously, this "writer" needs to just STFU. He can call this game a monstrosity like he does, but the fact of the matter is Manning choked (it's what Mannings usually do) and the Chargers won the game.

He also calls the interception that bounced off several other players and run out of the end zone one of the worst officiating calls ever? I like how he didn't point out how lucky that INT was in the first place. But, it was the right call. His premise is that the Colt got screwed because they'd be able to knock in an "easy" TD. First, there is rarely such a thing as an easy TD, so even if they got the field position, there is no guarantee they score. But he misses the whole point. They wouldn't have had the field position if the whistle hadn't blown. Would it be fair to allow this guy to return the punt when a majority of the Chargers heard the whistle and were not pursuing him? This guy thinks so. Thank God he's not officiating.

Yes the Chargers were not great on offense, but it's not unprecedented that a team wins because of the play of their special teams or defense. Mr Mike Freeman, you need to wipe the Tinactin off your face and accept your humble pie because your Colts were not the better team last night and that's not just because of "luck".

• Like Like x 2
  5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I need to sniff some ammonia to make it through work.

6. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Thumper - I agree. That article was one sided crap. Still, I want to know more about this "sniffing" ****. That just doesn't seem right.

[​IMG]

It looks like Norv took a hit on some of McCree's ammonia ......

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    favre does that all the time

8. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Bakey Drunk'd

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I need a nap and a new voice. Mine is shot.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    That was weird as hell but did its purpose
    While I do want to follow up that story, as of right now, its a Manning saving face article

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

This makes me sad

How does the dude stand without a spine???

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I don't mind the challenge on that interception because I thought there was a question and yeah sometimes losing a timeout/challenge on a situation like that might be better for you even if you lose it

The second challenge on that catch, there was an obvious angle showing it was a catch on the replay and yet Turner threw the flag

13. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Well said Thumper! :tup:

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The whistle blowing didn't screw the Colts out of an easy TD. The reason the LB was able to run the INT all the way back for a TD is that the whistles were blowing the whole time. You're supposed to play until the whistle, not until after the whistle.

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    My first thought exactly