1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

An abberation?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bucnasty, Jan 21, 2008.

1. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    From Peter King's MMQB:

"As for the Patriots, Sunday's interceptions by New England were an aberration"

Those interceptions were caused by the San Diego defense, just like Peyton's uncharacteristic, and downright rare, 8 interceptions in 2 games against us.

I'm disappointed in Peter King, he usually gives credit where credit is due. Our D harassed the hell out of Brady yesterday.

2. BoltFanFromBoston

BoltFanFromBoston BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. Bolts D did their job, and did it nicely.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    But they can't get credit for it, what else is new?

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Agreed. Brady's first pick was a great play by Jammer. When a defender's back is turned, Brady throws it to his receiver, expecting that his receiver will make a play. We've seen that numerous times this year. Jammer just made a great play on the ball.

Brady's second pick was caused by tight coverage and some pressure on third down. Brady threw it wide, and Florence caught the deflection. Brady's third pick was caused by great coverage. He wanted to go to Welker, but he was covered , so Brady looked backside. He never saw Cromartie.

All three of those INTs were caused by the Bolts defense. Our defense got 5 INTs off of Manning and Brady in the last two games. The defense deserves the credit. People that call them "fluke interceptions" don't know what they're talking about.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    EMBRACE THE HATE.

Fukk Peter "OMG Tom Brady's balls are in my mouth" King

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    He gave a few little meh quotes of praise to Michael Turner and Quentin Jammer, probably a CYA

7. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I don't think in context it was meant to slight the Chargers.

But to point out those who would read too much into Brady's 3 int such that they might think the Giants were playing a gun sling Farve in two weeks.

8. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Sorry, but that doesn't pass the sniff test. The East Coast media whores will make excuses to keep the Pats "greatest team of all time" and Brady "greatest QB of all time" stories going.

When the Pats were blowing out opponents, the media said they were the greatest ever because they were annihlating teams.

When the Pats were playing poorly against mediocre teams, the media praised the Patriots for "finding ways to win."

If King wanted to make a case that Brady wont' throw 3 INTs in the SB, he should have said, "That won't happen because the Chargers defense is special, and the Giants defense is not as good."

9. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Cromartie's air on the third pick was NO ABERRATION. Dude saw it coming, timed his jump, went up and brought it down. He foresaw it coming.

I think Ant brought up before that Peter King is a donkey's butt.

10. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Peter King is a big fat clown......he's just defending his man crush Tommy Boy.:tdown:

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Exactly. Instead of recognizing and acknowledging that we have a good D and we simply did what we've done all season and created turnovers, King spins it Brady just making a few oopsies and it had nothing to do with our secondary making plays.

12. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    peter king is a big retard:no:

13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Where are all those douchebags saying, "The Pats don't make mistakes. Brady doesn't make mistakes. The Chargers won't get turnovers agains the Patriots?"

14. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    In line to blow Brady.

15. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    :tounge: <--- peter king

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It's an aberration?

For some reason, Brady and Manning seem to frequently have multiple INT games versus the Chargers.

But, that's an aberration. :icon_huh:

17. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I'm not even going to read that fat jack hole's article. But Jammer's INT was a very good defensive play. Cro's pick was a good defensive play. The only pick that the girly man threw that was a fluke may have been the one where the receiver tipped it. But, our defense made those plays. Not Brady having a "bad day".

Amazing how these wads can't give any credit where it's due.

But, we all expected that, didn't we?

18. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Actually, I expected us to get A LOT more props from the media. The Chargers gave the Patriots all they could handle, on the road and with significant injuries to their four most indispensable players (I'm throwing Jamal in there along with Gates, LT, and Rivers, he wasn't anywhere near 100%).

We win this game if either LT OR Gates is healthy, even with a hobbled Philip Rivers. We are one of the best in the league at scoring TD's in the red zone, getting 7 just once in those four tries would've changed the complexion of the 4th quarter.

But the east coast biased media doesn't give a **** about any of that, nor are they willing to admit how wrong they were about us getting blown out.

I guess I should have expected that. But like I said, I expected the Chargers to get a little more respect.

EDIT: Okay, I just skimmed Peter King's column. Takes up 5 pages, not one word of collective praise for the Chargers, just 4 or 5 blurbs that compliment individual performances.

Fk him. :lol: