1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

An animal style double-double of pure HATE

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 28, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10603236

The Giants have WON the Eli Manning-Rivers/Kaeding/Oben/Merriman deal and the source for this load of horse **** is the ****ING GIANTS GM HIMSELF!

This pathetic article is a slobbering ****job on Eli and the Giants when it is CLEAR to everyone that WE won that.

We never got this sort of attention or appreciation for AJ Smith even when Rivers was outplaying Manning.

HAAAAAAATE!!!!

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10603236

The Giants have WON the Eli Manning-Rivers/Kaeding/Oben/Merriman deal and the source for this load of horse **** is the ****ING GIANTS GM HIMSELF!

This pathetic article is a slobbering ****job on Eli and the Giants when it is CLEAR to everyone that WE won that.

We never got this sort of attention or appreciation for AJ Smith even when Rivers was outplaying Manning.

Money part:

ndeed, if I had to choose the better quarterback of the three, it would be Manning, followed by Roethlisberger and Rivers. Manning, right now, is the better winner (which does seem insane since only a short time ago people were questioning Manning's leadership skills). But Manning has clearly entered another stratosphere, as sudden as that entrance has been, in terms of those leadership abilities.

"Manning is a winner," continued Accorsi, who is an avid sports historian and baseball fan. "He had proven that in a host of games before this run. Why do we determine whether pitchers belong in the Hall of Fame based on games won but that is not an ingredient of the QB rating? In my opinion, the QB has much more of an influence on the outcome of a game than the starting pitcher. With six minutes left in the fourth quarter, Eli can't turn the game over to Mariano Rivera. He has to finish the game."

"What difference does it make what we gave up?" Accorsi continued. "You better be right about the QB, but if you are, you can't overpay for a great QB and we think he's going to be a great QB. What would you give up for Elway? What would you give for Montana or Unitas? Just like you can't overpay a great player. Can you overpay for Mays or DiMaggio? That's all fodder."

HAAAAAAATE!!!!

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    What do you expect from a East Coast Tea Bagger?

Here is the rebuttal:

Chargers still sitting pretty from '04 trade with Giants
    Gregg Doyel

4. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I would rather have Manning in a heartbeat! Hmmm was Roid boy even playing against the Pats? Patriots are gonna kill the Giants.

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Troll.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    To me, this is the biggest stupidity in a very stupid article. How can you say that about a secound year starter who has done nothing but win? :icon_huh:

Now I want the patriots to crush the giants to 1) show who te better team is (Chargers>giants) and 2) I want sheli to throw 3+ ints and no td's to show Rivers>Manning (straight up, no need to add Merriman)

P.S. Second most stupid thing : It wasn't Eli and Omenyuira for Rivers and Merriman, it was only Eli that the Chargers gave up. The fact the Osi is good has nothing to do with the trade

7. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    hater? There is no reason to call me a troll because I don't like Rivers. SUE ME!

8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Ernie Accorsi KNOWS he got *** raped in that deal, and now since ECry made it to the Super Bowl on the back of his defense, Accorsi takes the opportunity to blow himself.

Ridiculous!

ECry Manning is in the Super Bowl because his defense, and because he is in the NFC. He didn't have to go through Indy and New England. He was 21 for 40, just barely better than 50-50 in the NFC Championship Game, and was lucky that Brett Favre decided to throw two picks at crucial times. I give credit to ECry only for not f*cking things up, he did not win that game.

I love how the dude has a nice run of a few games, and suddenly, everyone forgets how bad he sucked before when they were all crucifying him.

I also love how Rivers has no further upside, but Manning has limitless growth ahead of him.

This is one of the most ridiculous articles ever.

9. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I read both these articles in their entirety, and Doyel beat Freeman like he stole something from him!

Yeah, Eli is in the Superbowl, but he's there representing the weak sister NFC, who had teams making the postseason as recently as last season with 8-8 records.....in the AFC, teams routinely win 10 games and stay home, just like Cleveland did this year.

If the Giants had to go through both Indy & New England, they'd be golfing right now just like we are.....it's doubtful if they would've even beaten Tenneessee, especially if they played that game at home, where they have sucked this season....they're the 1st team to even make a Superbowl with a losing record at home....

They're football's version of the Colorado Rockies....they were red hot until they had that 8 days off and although they likely still would've lost to the Red Sox without that "bye week", I think if they could've kept playing instead of taking that long break, they may have taken a game or two vice getting swept.

I would not be surprised to see the Gnats enter the big game ice-cold just like the Rockies did, and get pummeled by a superior team who has been there & done that recently, even in the championship round.

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Posting you would rather have Eli over Rivers and then calling Merriman "Roid Boy".

Yeah, you are a Troll.

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Eli just had his worst regular season in his career (73.9 QB Rating), and all he's done in the playoffs is manage the game and let the running game and defense win the game. The guy is to the Giants as Dilfer was to the Ravens, he's the QB but he didn't do **** to help them win, he just didn't blow it.

12. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Exactly.

But all those who have defended him through his struggles are using his appearance in the Super Bowl to say "see, I told you!"

And what the hell does anybody expect Accorsi to say? "Yeah, I screwed the pooch?"

13. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    It's unreal. Here in the NY area, they talk about Eli like he's the second coming.

I cannot believe it.

It is time for all Bolt brothers and sisters to set aside the Patriot hatred for 1 game and one game only.

I am praying for 42-10 pats and 5 sheli picks.

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155

They were all over his nuts after the Giants won the first playoff game, saying how Eli has turned it around blah blah blah. Yet you didn't hear **** about Rivers winning his first playoff game, all you heard is how much the Chargers struggled, how they'd have no chance against the Colts and how much they hated Rivers.

This might be worse than the slobbering the media gave to Vick. Remember how long it took them to finally admit they were wrong, they kept using how Vick knows how to win games when any Football fan with a brain could see the defense was carrying the team.

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    and what last year and earlier this season he sucked ***. He had no emotion and couldn't stop throwing picks yet all of a sudden he's metamorphosed into his brother Peyton. It gives the media the chance to blow Eli which they wanted to do I think since he got into the NFL.

Its such a poorly cited, poorly researched piece of work. And now Acorsi was credited for not giving up Umeniyora when last year Merriman had more sacks.

16. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    i hear that. f u.ck sheli.

did anybody else think this thread was about hamburgers at first glance?

17. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    As miltary recruiters are prone to ask, which do you prefer:

Our losing in the playoffs to the eventual Champions and Junior Seau finally getting a ring.....

OR

The Giants shocking the World, denying The Hoodie & Pretty Boy Brady this ring, but Eli getting one and making all the talking heads look smart for saying that he was correct not to go to San Diego, and proved it by winning a Superbowl before we did?

For me, I'll take door #1! I will always have scorn for that spoiled little punk, even though our team really benefitted by his lack of guts required to stand up to his old man.....

The Patriots are the better team, and will likely win whether we want them to or not...they've blown out some teams and have lost some close games, but I don't think they'll leave anything to chance in this game...they'll probably come out throwing, and build a big, quick & early lead against the Gnats' weak secondary....

Randy Moss has been held to only 2 receptions in this entire postseason, and Eli has yet to throw a pick....I think the floodgates will open for both these guys on Sunday, and I for one will enjoy watching it!

18. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Here is the way I see it.

Who do I want to win the Super Bowl.

Do I want Cheaters to win

or

Do I want a team that has a no class player what so ever that disses a City to say that he does not want to play for the city because of ****** reasons.

I will say I want the Cheaters to win the game.

19. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    :icon_toast:

20. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I read the title and had to go to In and Out for lunch.

Animal style, extra RAW onion, side of hot peppers. Just what the doctor ordered.

21. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Took the words right out of my mouth. I'll give the Gnats credit for beating the Cowgirls in Dallas, and surviving the cold in Green Bay. With that said, the only reason they're in the Super Bowl and San Diego isn't is three simple letters... AFC. That being said I still hope Sheli and company :trout: the crap out of Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat. Just a higher level of hatred I guess. If they both somehow lost I'd even be happier:icon_twisted:

22. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Yeah, this is Acorsi just trying to redeem himself. I never liked how the QB receives so much praise for making a super bowl. So, Eli is better than Fouts because Dan never made it to a super bowl? I never liked that line of thinking. If LT never makes it to a SB, are we to assume that whatever wad is playing RB for the Giants now is 'better' than LT? C'mon.

Eli is getting better, it certainly seems. But by Acorsi's own words, he measures a qB by 'wins'. Well, then Rivers has him beat in THAT category, too.

Acorsi is a blow hard trying to dig himself out of what most people will ALWAYS look at as being one of the biggest one-sided trades of all time. And HE didn't come out on the winning side.

As much as I hate the Patriots, I hope Eli gets leveled and is exposed as the true mommy's girl that he really is.

And I hope Brady suffers a horrible, disfiguring injury when the overhead camera breaks loose and hits him in the melon while he's putting on his Stetson cologne and primping on the sidelines for his 'close-up'.

God, is it possible to have them both get diarrhea during the game so bad that they **** their pants at the same time and have to do that 'waddle walk' back to the locker room while the camera guy is following them? :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    That's what I was laughing at. Dude is using that for a measuring stick, but in doing so, makes his argument fall apart.

ECry will get blown for almost anything because his last name is Manning. If his last name was Smith, we wouldn't be hearing all of this glowing praise, but then again, he probably wouldn't have been taken so early.

24. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I'll keep my comments to myself until I see how he performs. I do think, though, that instead of animal style burgers, we're going to see the Patsies whip some rump tartare ala Sheli. Me thinks they'll chew his *** raw.

25. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Sorry... reposted this!

But yeah... this sure pissed me off! F the Giants and ELI

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hate 'em both, but She-li the worst. The Pats will make him look like the ***** that he really is. :yes: