1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

An event from the past

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gonzokrb, Mar 9, 2012.

1. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44
    This letter was sent to our Team President more than 4 years ago!

Dean A. Spanos, President- CEO San Diego Chargers November, 06, 2007
    P.O.Box 609609
    San Diego, CA. 92160

Mr. Spanos,
    I am just one of many very frustrated “Charger” fans. I’m sure we share the feeling that our team was destined for a Super Bowl. This last game convinced me that this team is not going in the direction that we all envisioned. I’m tired of hearing from the players about being professional and not needing motivation to play at a higher level. I’m tired of the coaching staff talking about “working to get it fixed”. We are half way into the season and should be beyond excuses. Like it or not but Marty Schottenheimer got this team ready to play every week. I’ve been thinking of the old saying, “You can’t see the forest for the trees”. Simply put, you need an outside perspective to see the entire picture. I know I’m only a 27 year Chargers fan and don’t have any impressive credentials connected to the National Football League but as a Police Officer I do posses an exceptional ability to observe. With one exception, I watched this team take the field and didn’t see the intense passion and aggressive desire to dominate the game. The exception I’m referring to is the Houston game on 10/28. My Chargers looked like they were ready to take on the Devil himself and win! This is the type of motivation I want to see every week. I don’t see Coach Turner inspiring this team to that extent. I don’t have to tell you how difficult it is to win in the National Football League. On any given Sunday any team can defeat any other team. I can’t watch another Norv Turner press conference that is as vanilla as the defensive scheme that Coach Cattrell runs every Sunday. We have too much talent on this team to receive the kind of thrashing we took last Sunday against an inferior team like the Vikings. I know there won’t be any changes in coaching until the end of the season. My request is that we look for someone who can motivate the best team in the league to play up to their ability. (see Mike Singletary) Can you imagine how intense this team could be with a master motivator like Mike Singletary (Pro Bowl, Super Bowl, Hall of Fame- player).

Thank you for your time,

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    you’re nothing more than a fan, they could care less about you. Had you been one of the Companies that purchases one of their luxury suites, they would have listened. Now if you would have had some big money tied up in advertising ...

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Mike Singletary :roflmao: Worked out well for the 49ers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think that anyone could've predicted that Singletary would lose command of his senses and decide that the QB was no more important than any of the other 10 players on offense.