1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

An NFL franchise for LA or London?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by PB Bolt, Dec 16, 2009.

1. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    This one has been nagging at my brain. Kornheiser and Wilbon did a quick debate over this question on PTI yesterday. Who would get a franchise first, LA or London?

Kornheiser said LA. He named the Chargers and said we would have to fly 11 hours every few years. Unacceptable. He didn't even bring up the fact that as a home team, London would be flying 8 (no more) away games each year across big pond. He added that once they do build a stadium somewhere in LA, 5 teams will be battling to get in there.

Wilbon emphatically argued for London, saying the NFL has a petrified wood hard-on to impose its will on countries that don't give a wet fart about American football in the first place. He went on to say that the average Los Angelean would rather have a good high def choice of games on his tube than to go see one.

I agree with Kornheiser, but I loved the way Wilbon twisted it.

2. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
  3. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    The Spani aren't going to give up a share of a Chargers team that is going to be playing in Miami in February of 2010 to talk nonsense about playing football in Los Angeles in 2011.

No.

4. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Hey i don't think that the chargers will go either. The raiders will be in oakland through 2014 now bc of new lease. That leaves jacksonville and minnesota. I think both will leave. Minnesota is NOT getting a new statium in minnesota!!! LA VIKINGS in 2012!!:lol::icon_rofl:

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    LA has had their chance. How many teams have they had? Rams? Raiders?
    Their is a reason why those teams are no longer in LA. There is no real NFL fanbase there.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I think the last expansion going to Houston says A LOT!!!