1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another blow to the Pats

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jul 30, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2955145&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

CB Scott done for year with knee injury; Samuel continues holdout

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots defensive back Chad Scott will miss the upcoming season because of a knee injury, the team announced Monday, as cornerback Asante Samuel's holdout continued.

Scott, 32, was placed on the reserve/injured list. The news came just hours after coach Bill Belichick continued to describe Scott's injury as day-to-day.

Last season, Scott played in 14 regular season games with nine starts. He made 44 tackles and had two interceptions. He signed with the Patriots before the 2005 season, which was cut short by a shoulder injury that October.

Scott was drafted in the first round, 24th overall, by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1997. He spent the first eight years of his career with the Steelers.

Meanwhile, Samuel continues holding out for a multiyear agreement after rejecting a one-year, $7.79 million contract.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I'd heard he was carted off yesterday but didn't realize it was that bad. I amy have to go visit patsfans.net
    :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    BIIIIG blow to their depth

4. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    hey CR & ANT will their be a podcast this week? :yes: if so when?:yes:

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867

Yeah we are planning a show this week. Stay tuned for the day and time.

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, if they IRed him for the season, it's pretty serious. So, it will be a while.

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    All these 30 something players on the Pats roster makes them more susceptible to injury.

8. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

I hope week 2 is a slaughter. I hope pats fans are deserting in tears by the end of the 3rd quarter. I hope when it's done the Bolts walk off the field without saying a damn thing.

Nah, I'm not bitter. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I don't even care about week two. Revenge happens in January, and the Pats will be in the mix as usual.

10. RAIDOOORS!...suck

RAIDOOORS!...suck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5
    hey kev, replace "hope" with know.

11. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Wow, I read the thread title and thought Gisele Bunchen had been signed as team fluffer. . :icon_shrug:

12. benjamink15

benjamink15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    rofl hahahahhaha ... wow that was cold

13. super_deluxe

super_deluxe World Class

Ratings:
    +46
    She has a man face.

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I hope we get a chance to put the hurt on that Ellis Hobbs. I actually want him to stay healthy so LT can run over his azz!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jmurns

Jmurns BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Nah. Doesn't Peter King already have a lifetime contract?

16. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I agree 100%

Ellis (the sorriest Corner in the league) Hobbs. I hope gets burned like Lt did did to Ty Law when Law was with the Jets.

I will be there in person to see it as well.

17. DefenseWins

DefenseWins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246
    That's just baaaaaaaaaaaaad....:yes:

... but :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

18. DefenseWins

DefenseWins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246
    You can add Colvin to the list as well...

From a Clam Chowder article after the game:
    :mad:
    Hope LoNeil flattens his punk arse!

19. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Same here and I would even add Gates, Manumaleuna and any of our Oline to that as well.

20. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7

Gawd, what a douche Belichick is. It's training camp, and he's already doing his song and dance with injuries? Lame as hell.

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The 2-0 limb just got a little thicker. In fact, it's look more and more like 6-0 and then a little rest, a couple of tune ups, and then we can put the playoffs in the bank because should be catching the Colts, the Jags and the Ravens at our peak, if we stay healthy. With our depth, even the normal injury bug won't bite too bad. Weddle, Naanee and Davis should be hitting their strides around this time and they will be integrated with plays and schemes that weren't used in the first half of the season. It will be tougher to game plan against us. Cromartie will be emerging further and further. Rivers will be shooting from a bench rest. Stabler was the Snake. I think mayber Rivers will be the Sniper. We are going to bust some chops this year.

:abq2: :icon_toast: :abq2: :icon_toast:

22. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Amen Turtle. Like we need more incentive to kick their sorry asses any more right? I would actually want to beat them in week 2 and then eventually face them in the playoffs preferably here. Then it is ON like Donkey Kong! Revenge time baby! Can you imagine the ratings on that game? Let's start with beating Chicago first though. Can't overlook anybody with this schedule.

23. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I watched the NFL Replay of the AFC Championship game last night. I was struck by how good the Pats really are. I can not wait until we have the chance to avenge our playoff exit. :yes:

24. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

Yeah, yeah I should. I know it sounds lukewarm not saying for sure, but last winter left a bad taste for me and I'm just trying not to sound like some of the morons on the other team's forums.

12 days, w00t!:abq1:

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I'd rather not test my luck with the injury bug
    while this is good news for us, to be honest, the patriots have done miracles with scrubs pieces of crap they find on the side of the road. Jesus they won a super bowl with troy brown playing nickel corner. This is a blow to them but I'm just cautious and not trying to over do it.

26. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    With all the WR pickups they did this offseason, I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick turned one of them into a DB again.

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Injuries inevitable, but I can't remember having decent talent two and in some cases three deep at every position. We are in a position now where a fair number of our back ups could start for other teams from a number of positions. When was the last time we could say that? We beat ourselves against New England last time. Won't happen this year. I'm beginning to sense that New England will not be as formidable as people think, once the season starts.

28. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I concur. New England is this year's free-agent bloated, paper tiger. They look good on paper, but they have too many new parts, and they will lack cohesion.