1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Bore-dumb thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolts4lyfe, May 9, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Just got back from the gym and waiting until 3:30 to come along so I can go to work

So I decided to do a defensive roster break down

DE:
    LE: 1. Luis Castillo 2. Kendall Reyes
    RE: 1. Corey Liuget 2. Jacques Cesaire

There will be a mixture of veterans and young players Castillo will be given the chance to start while Reyes gets familiar with the 3-4, and Liuget will hopefully step up from his inconsistent play last year while Cesaire is nothing more than an injury-depth fill in.

NT:
    Antonio Garay 2. Cam Thomas 3. Vaughn Martin

Antonio Garay will get the start since he is the better run stopper but, will be replaced on third-down passing situations. Thomas will step in to replace Garay on passing downs, while Martin will line up at both defensive end and tackle as he is a versatile D-lineman. Both had a solid season last year Martin had a career-high 47 tackles and Thomas had a career-high 4 sacks. Both will play plenty snaps this year.

OLB:
    LOLB: 1. Jarret Johnson 2. Melvin Ingram 3. Larry English
    ROLB: 1. Shaun Phillips 2. Antwan Barnes
    Jarret Johnson is an experienced run stopper, and Phillips will be looking to bounce back from a disappointing year in which he had only 3.5 sacks, Both are expected to start. Melvin Ingram and Antwan Barnes will play a reserve roll and come in on 3rd down passing situations, Ingram will be used at a number of positions and hopefully finish off the year with 10 or more sacks. Our favorite former first round pick English (if healthy) will see some playing time this year in and I think he'll be solid when only asked to play a minimum roll.

By far our strongest position on paper

ILB:
    1. Takeo Spikes 2. Jonas Mouton
    1. Donald Butler 2. Demorrio Williams

Spikes will hopefully follow up his successful first season with the team in which he had over 100 tackles. Butler will step in alongside him and continue to get better in his 2nd full season. Demorrio Williams and Jonas Mouton are expected to serve as backups, Mouton will step in for Spikes on 3rd down and play the SAM position to help cover tight ends and slot receivers.

CB:
    CB1: Antonie Cason, Shareece Wright
    CB2: Marcus Gilchrist, Quentin Jammer

This is more me having wishful thinking than what I believe will happen, but I think Cason will lead the way covering opposing teams No.1 WR's. After showing a lot of promise last year, Gilchrist will be our No.2 CB. Jammer is coming to the end of his career and will play the Nickel spot. Wright will play primarily on special teams and fill in for injuries. I still expect them to bring in a veteran for depth but in order for this to work our sophomores need to show a solid strong performance in camp. I don't think Gilchrist will disappoint.

Safety:
    FS: 1. Eric Weddle 2. Darrell Stuckey
    SS: 1. Brandon Taylor 2. Atari Bigby

Eric Weddle returns as one of the league's best! (Damn that feels good to say). Darrell Stuckey has yet to start a game for the Chargers and should continue to act as a backup this season, he will play behind Weddle at free safety. I expect there to be a tandem at SS with Bigby and Taylor, Taylor is a solid tackler and smart football play while Bigby is a hard hitting ball hawk, both can make that spot that Harrison left some years back a dominant position again

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Martin is a starting DE, not a backup NT. Gilchrist is not starting over Jammer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Watch some future favorites, if their not already some of your favorites.

I just cant wait to cheer for Dyer (pray that he doesnt go to one of the 3) on the next level. Ugh gotta wait 2 more years unless he skips his senior season and by the sound of it hes gonna finish his education first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=UWEvjTwGzNM&NR=1 <-- wont embed ;/

Also just thinkin bout him, but why not check in on lil Rivers??

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Man that play at 3:00 says alot about Stephen and his ability to create a big play out of a broken play. Started out lookin like Dante Hall with the backpeddaling, then gets enuff blockers and takes off, only to suddenly pull of a Brett Favre Shovel pass for a BIG gain.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Is it just me or does Stevie look pretty intimidating for a Scrawny beanpole??

[​IMG]

6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    How old is he? HS Junior/Senior?

7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Looks like Kaeding in need of an exorcism. ;)

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Think he just signed with LSU this year. I think hes gonna be in 2014 class... depending on the who come out early or stay and finish senior year.