1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another kink in the Turner rumor

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,845
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,298
    Don't the Jets still have interest?

3. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    apparently the bears are going to shop Thomas Jones for trade

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    The Jets might also be looking at Rhodes.

He could get some nice jack in a bit of a bidding war between Jersey-A and Jersey-B.

The loser then might come after Turner. :icon_shrug:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Trust me, someone will give up the goods for Turner.

Sucks to see him go, but the guy deserves a starting spot, I just hope he goes to the NFC so we don't have to face him often.

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Interesting since he has outplayed Benson.

7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Not worried.....id love to keep him but there will be plenty of interested teams out there. I wouldnt mind having Rhodes myself. He was a stud in 2001 and im surprised he hasnt gotton more of a shot since then.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,881
    don't believe Rhodes is going to be their choice when they could have turner because hte latter is a hell of a lot better then the former

9. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    i doubt that :no:

10. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Amen. Turner is a stud. LT is awesome, possibly the best back ever, but I doubt we would loose a step with Turner in his slot.

I think Turner is the second best back in the league. Show him the Quan.:tup:

11. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    replace tiki with rhodes puuuulease. maybe six years ago. no comparison turner v. rhodes, if the giants dont want to bend over for aj again who gives a **** someone will becuase they know turner has the goods, rhodes reminds me of lamont jordan only like ten years older.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    That is true, and another outside possibility is Minnisota.

13. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    the thought is he only has one year left on the contract and will be due 2.5 million next season. the bears have a lot of money invested in Cedric Benson and will likely want to see a return on that investment. so instead of keeping jones around for one more year and let him walk for nothing, they could instead get something in a trade and let some other team try to work out a contract.

jones is in a turner situation where he is sharing time but could be a potential featured back on another team.

problem is that the bears might be willing to let Jones go for less than AJ will let Turner go for.

the giants and jets are both looking for running back help.

14. Boltzfan

Boltzfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I've also heard that the Texans may have interest.

By the way - This is my first post on this board...I saw some of my favorite posters names from the UT board and I decided to join in on the fun.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining us!!!:tup:

16. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Cool. Welcome to the forum. :yes:

PS. Check out the arcade section. I tell all the newbies to try and beat my "Spank The Monkey" score. Good luck! :)

Edit: WTF??!!! I just checked out the "Yeti" section in the arcade. Some of you dickwads have been stealing my trophies. :no:

I'll get them all back by lunch. :lol:

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,881

I called a source of mine in Houston (trust this guy because he was the first to tell me the Texans were seriously considering drafting Mario Williams) and he said that all the talk about the Browns drafting Adrian Peterson has given the Texans pause to wonder about trading for Turner. Now they could still go for Marshall Lynch and part of this will depend on the combine but there's a big drop between Peterson and Lynch and then a bigger drop from Lynch to the rest of the RB group. The debate in the Texan FO is whether to go defense (Alan Branch, Laron Landry) or to go with a RB but he says that Turner's name is surfacing.

18. Boltzfan

Boltzfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    First off, Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I guess the Texans are starting to regret not taking Reggie Bush...Mario Who???

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,881
    I really like Mario Williams and think he can be a real force in the NFL but he'll never get respect because he'll always be compared to Reggie Bush.

I think its less they regret it then it was a PR disaster no matter how smart of a decision it was passing on hte hometown kid or the phenom

20. Boltzfan

Boltzfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Personally, I thought D'Brickshaw Ferguson would have been their best option. There was not O-Line in bigger need of an upgrade than the Texan's. Dominic Davis and David Carr both would have benefited by having a stud LT.

As far as Mario Williams is concerned, he put up decent numbers, but I would have expected more from a first overall pick.

21. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I would love to trade MT for the 8th pick. Solidifies Leron Landry into our defense.

22. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,881
    that's a wonderful dream; hell i'll trade up with tampa and acquire Calvin Johnson

23. DjChemical

DjChemical BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6

Mario had a really nasty foot injury for half of the season i expect he will do much better this year.

24. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Turner is the number 1# RB on the table he can score outside of 40 and he has very little wear and tear.

The Bears have Benson signed up for a ton and most likely let Jones go as they don't want to pay him. ( mistake ) Jones however has a lot more miles than Turner.

Rhodes is not a feature back and is not on the same level as either Turner or Jones.

25. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,468
    I say if AJ feels that CJ is the best reciever for this team that he should send everything but the kitchen sink for a top 4 draft. CJ could blast this offense through the damn roof!!!

Imagine this! LT, Gates, Johnson, Jackson, Parker, McCardell, Floyd, and maybe some Sproles.
    I can see the 600 point season now.:tup: