1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another LT thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Food for thought:

Why would the Bolts say anything about the return/jettison of the #1 biggest star on the team until AFTER the deadline to renew season tickets?

I'm gonna say we hear news Monday morning, and not sooner. Gotta get everyone to commit to those tickets before we pull the rug out from under them.

:yes:

2. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Is this Jordan DT or DI Earl? Conspiracy theories run amuck.

My season ticket purchase has zero to do with who is on the team.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Don't get all defensive. I highly doubt anyone on this forum has to prove their fanhood (even tho so many are always quick to do so).

And I should f'n report you for comparing me to those two nutsacks.

It was just a thought, not need to go all "conspiracy theory" on me, jeez. I'm talking Joe Average Fan, not people like us who spend time on internet message boards breaking down plays and ****.

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I would think that if they were keeping LT they would announce it before the deadline. Makes you wonder if they are waiting to tell us if he is being released. :icon_shrug:

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Thank you for pointing out the fact us fans are getting punked in the brown button - again. :lol:

These bastards called my cell phone to remind me they want their deposit for next season by this Saturday.

I am not over the fact we lost tailgate time and the cops have just become beyond aholes with the canopies, glass ... you name it.

This is the hardest year I can remember to saying "yes" to re-newing my season tickets.

8-8. Are you kidding me? :icon_evil:

When all of this adds up, I have to ask myself ... seriously .... "would I enjoy this better at home?" :yes: :icon_eek: I am not a happy camper. Not knowing if this team is staying or going .... LT is just icing on the cake. The Chargers have to be "feeling" it and if they do not, F them.

I want BEEF.

Oh and if Rivers does not restructure to help the team when he is in the waning years as well, F him.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't think even someone like that will give up their season tickets. Just because they're such a hot comidity.

Though if we trade or release LT and start losing... you can count on many ditching their season tickets next season!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I agree 100% Tony.

I'm still contemplating pulling the trigger.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The Bolts want season ticket holder cash to give us one less reason to say - KMA & SMD (assuming of course adios to LT). :yes:

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Very well said!!!!

The ONLY plus part is that they didn't raise the prices... but then again, they're not in a situation to raise ticket prices.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If LT gets cut, the season ticket holders got played and so did LT by Bolt Mgt.

If the Bolts respected LT, he is released early in FA instead of when convenient. This is a business and in that respect, I can understand the Bolts wanting to maximize their revenue.

It sucks being played. That part as a fan pisses me off. The fans who leave just because of LT leaving should probably have never been fans to begin with in my book.

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I thought maybe - just maybe - Norv would bust that cherry and make you bow down but nooooo.....:lol:

12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    It is just good business. Make sure all of the AFC west signs RB's before we release him. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yup, and that's NFL in general for you.

NFL - No Fan Loyalty

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    LOL! If we brought back Gilbride and he got us a Lombardi... I'd bow to him. I don't think anybodys different in that respect.

15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    OR... they really are working out the details and both sides are committed to making it happen?

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Loyalty is only as thick or thin as your wallet.

As cheap as Gene Klein was he at least gave away cars and TV's to season ticket holders. It made sticking around for the last game of the season worth while.

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    No Fan Loyalty?

Which Team are you talking about?

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No team in particular. Just the NFL in general.
    With issues like moving teams. Yes, I know it's a business but that doesn't make the fans feel better.

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yup.

Baltimore fans supported their Colts through thick and thin.
    Cleveland fans supported their Browns through thick and thin.
    (original) Oakland fans supported their Raiders through thick and thin.
    Houston fans supported their Oilers through thick and thin (until they officially became lame duck).

Crowd attendance alone doesn't cut it. :no:

20. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    They aren't keeping him just to sell season tickets. **** if Condon thought this he would have leaked some **** to make the Chargers go on the defense, but since he hasn't I think they're actually trying to re-negotiate and get something done. The more silent the 2 sides are the better imo.

21. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074

If your talking about the NFL in general, they had better wakeup quickly.

They are throwing around 100 Million Dollar contracts, and people are losing their jobs, houses, life savings, and the price of their Stock and bonds are dropping even faster. States are getting ready to declare bankruptcy, and the huge Corporations continue to ask for bailouts. Cities have to deal with Multi Million Dollar cut backs. Schools are giving Cheese Sandwiches to kids because their parents are behind in what they owe to the kids School Lunch Program.

Do you really think some Joe Schmuck really cares that some guy is getting paid 100 Million dollars to play football when he can’t put food on the table for his family?

NBC had a very hard time selling Spots for all those Commercials to run during the Super Bowl.

The times are getting really hard, and the Players think the Owners have open checkbooks.

Its not so much fan loyalty, for some its just survival.

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Where did that come from? :icon_shrug:

This thing I was talking about with the NFL is NOT brand new. It's been that way since day one. Doesn't matter how good or bad the economy is.