1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another media dis...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerlipz, Jan 17, 2008.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Man, I subscribe to Sports Illustrated to read about football & the Chargers whenever they appear in the magazine. Every issue always has a few photographs in the first few pages that are usually interesting or just well photographed moments in sports. In the latest issue they have a photo from each playoff game this past weekend except the Colts v. Charger game. Why is it that the media never wants to give us any ****ing credit? Everything we do when we beat a good team is not because we kicked their ***, it's because the other team didn't play as well as they could. Tired of this ****.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Embrace the hate.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'll bet there's plenty of pics and print of Eli in there. :unsure:

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Eli is going to get his *** kicked Sunday.

5. DarthBurrito

DarthBurrito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Doesn't surprise me, this is going to happen till we win a superbowl.

It's like that arsehole "friend" or family member that doesn't give you any respect until you accomplish something they think validates you as a person.

Until that happens, get used to it.

The Burrito has spoken.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the media must have had alot of commericals lined up for manning. And when the chargers beat the pats this sunday its gonna make their pre done pats, colts commericals look really stupid.

Fracking media and who runs it. They're so biased and greedy to make a buck. They don't care about sports. All they care about is making a buck off it with what looks like fixed games.

7. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    It just goes on and on - glad EC came up with "EMBRACE THE HATE"...

Just found this one on NFL.com of all places:

Posted: 13 minutes ago Chargers yap, dance and trash-talk their way to AFC title game

Associated Press

I would have expected more from NFL.com and the AP wire - but what the hell... EMBRACE THEM ALL! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    EMBRACE IT BABY!!

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    EMBRACE IT BEOTCH!!!!!

10. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Along with his bro in their ghey, Oreo Cookie Slobberathon ad.

I've only seen that commercial once and it is forever etched a burning hole in my retinas...:icon_eek:

11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Both Peyton and Sheli are Endorsement ho's.

They can also be considered like drug addicts when it comes to the endorsements and can not get enough of all the endorsement fix

I will say as well that the Oreo Commercial is so dumb and ridiculous that it did no need to be on the TV. My IQ was lessened just watching it.

Just my opinion again is that I think that the greedy endorsement companies wanted a Peyton VS Sheli Super Bowl because all they were going to see is a lot of $$$$$.

12. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    That's all I've heard for two weeks...I have XM, drive four hours a day getting to and from work, so I hear everyone on Fox sports and ESPN.
    First it was the Colts and we had no chance, now the Pat's.
    One guy is a Bolts fan (Siebel??? sp?) says his throwback is ready to go. Ultimately he thinks the Pat's will be to much.
    No one really says it, but if you listen to the tone, all these experts seem to think the Chargers have the athletes to compete, and possibly overpower the Pat's in a couple aspects of the game.
    It seems as if about 90% of the experts are predicting a double digit loss. (usually more than 14 points, a couple were over 20)
    I'd say the reasons would be because they don't think our team has the scheme, the coach, or the mentality.

13. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Perhaps that's why the Bolts are getting slammed so hard in the media...with that surprising Colts loss, all that money went down in flames.:icon_shrug:

just a little something for the conspiracy theorist.

14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Just my conspiracy theory here:

I think that the Chargers ruined the Medias perfect season by winning the game against the Colts.

Now they can not talk about the Manning VS Brady love fest. That is why I think there is all the hate against us to include all the $$$$$ that has also been lost because of the grand coverage that world is now missing.

They are forced in some way to talk about the Rivers VS Brady game. That is not a single thing to love there for the Media. All the $$$$$ is not there. That is again why I think they are giving us all the hate because we would not let them get the $$$$$. they wanted.

That is my conspiracy theory.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    One less knob for them to slobber on this Sunday. :icon_twisted:

16. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I noticed that this week, and I think its because in last weeks issue the only football photo spread was of LT's goal line touchdown leap against the Titans. Since they only run 3 spreads each week, and Chargers got one last week, they went with one for each of the 3 remaining teams.

17. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    maybe you're right.

18. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Typical of the media. How much credit has the Bolts received from the national media for going from the Leaf days to building a playoff-bound team? Then you march into one of the elite team's backyard and bounce a media/commercial darling from the playoffs.

That is why I do not bother with SI or any other magazine. Although the Bolts are riding a solid wave at the moment, the media would rather focus on sensationalism & snob appeal than realism.

Too bad Eli did not lose on Sunday. There would be a lot of NJ Giants fans throwing their Citizen watches away for Seiko... if they have not already.

19. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Speaking of media dis...

I was watching "Moonlight" on CBS last night, and there was a commercial for the AFC Championship game. Had the graphic "The quest for the perfect season", and about 5 or 6 images of Patriot players, then it said "Patriots vs Chargers, Sunday 12 noon" or something like that.

Not one picture of a Charger player, as if the network thought it would lessen interest in the game if the Bolts were featured in any way.

If it was the Colts, I'm sure the commercial would have been a Manning-Brady circle jerk.

EMBRACE IT!!

20. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I got Sirius for X-mas, and on the way to work yesterday they spent the entire drive talking about the Pats/Pack Super Bowl matchup. They were breaking down what the Pats had to do to get off agains the Pack... It was ridiculous.

21. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    These weren't just photos, they were full page double trucks (two pages spreads) from every game except ours. This is a huge 'dis' from SI because every opposing teams fan that subscribes is going to notice it and say it's because we don't deserve to be there. I for one am extremely enraged by it (yes, I'm embracing my hate) and plan on writing to SI to make sure they know it. I think everyone here should flood their e-mail so our voices can be heard.
    E-mail SI at letters@SI.timeinc.com

I'm in the Graphics/Printing industry so I can tell you that all SI had to do was add 4 pages to the magazine in order to accommodate one more dbl truck for our spread. Not a lot to ask for when you consider that these are the PLAYOFFS, this is what we wait for all year long is to see who is going to go to the BIG SHOW. It would be nice to see everyone get the same coverage. Just because we got a spread last week doesn't mean we should be slighted this week.