1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another player shows interest in San Diego

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006
    By Bill Williamson - ESPN

The Chargers are a popular team this offseason.

First, Joey Porter put San Diego on his wish list, and now he's been joined by Karlos Dansby. In an interview with Sirius NFL Radio, the Arizona linebacker said he is interested in signing in four teams this year, including San Diego, Miami, the New York Giants and Washington.

Dansby would fit the Chargers’ 3-4 system, but it is not as easy as that. San Diego traditionally does not sign big-name players and it has several prospective free agents it has to address. The Chargers plan is to try to keep their free agents, a daunting list that includes Vincent Jackson, Marcus McNeill, Shawne Merriman and Darren Sproles.

Now, if Merriman were to leave, perhaps Dansby could be in the mix. But expect Dansby to be popular. Hecould leave the market quickly.

The Dolphins have their eye on San Diego receiver Vincent Jackson, who likely will be a restricted free agent. But the problem for Miami is that San Diego does not want to let Jackson go.

The Kansas City Star wonders if LaDainian Tomlinson would be a good fit for the Chiefs.

Tomlinson is expected to be cut by the Chargers soon. Hey, if Marcus Allen ended up a Chief, why couldn’t Tomlinson?

He would backup Jamaal Charles in Kansas City so if he had to settle for being a backup it’d probably be with a contender.
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Aug 14, 2006
    The more I hear about LT the more I'd like to see us trade him. I'd like to keep him out of the AFC West in particular....hell we could send him to Houston and get a 3rd round pick or something.

After all, GB did trade Brett Favre.

As far as Dansby, fat freakin chance. The guy is going to be looking to cash in big time and it is completely unlike AJ to sign a big name free agent.
  3. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2006
    We're the only team that wasn't on the east coast. I would expect him to go east, but it'd be nice to have him. AJ doesn't usually sign big name FA's but this could be the off-season of change, after the choke job and how he thought the defense was soft, maybe he's looking to mix things up. Not saying AJ would target Dansby but possibly someone else.
  4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2006
    Miami can be interested in VJ all they want lol

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Oct 13, 2006
    I guess they're thinking about when we traded David Boston to Miami and they though they burned us.

Difference, that move burned them and VJ is not Boston.
  6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Jul 27, 2007
    Exactly. Miami and many other teams are interested in VJ. And we are non-interested in their interest.......
  7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Jul 12, 2007
    I'm interested in san diego too, doesn't mean a downtown condo is waiting for me cause aj wont sign me