1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another RB issue

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltmanbz, Mar 10, 2009.

1. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    dood acee is getting on my nerves where the hell does he come up with this, Sproles would not sit out offseason, he is lucky to get the 6.6 mill if he does, and of course he doesnt have anything scheduled with another team no one would give us 2 1st rounders, darren sproles and terrell suggs are 2 very diff kind of people LOL

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Acee is a POS!

He is pulling crap out of his Anal Orifice every day trying to stir things up!

If people would stop reading him and quoting him, maybe the Union Tribune would fire him! But as long as we talk about what he says, then he will continue to have a job!

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    He hasn't signed his tag but yeah he won't sit out the season and no one's giving up picks for him. All he's doing is waiting for the LT situation to see what sort of commitment they are giving him as a base point for his own long term negotiations. I like Acee but this is kinda mazking a mountain out of a molehill

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Has Acee been right about anything this off season?

Seems to me every time he prints an article, the next day someone is saying it is wrong. Didnt Acee say the Chargers gave LT the 'final' hardline offer? Only the following days another article came out with boths sides saying it wasnt?

I think the guy just needs to print anything and his job is to sell papers.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    It very well could've been a hard final offer but if the other side had a few minor or medium disagreements about the offer, then it would be really stupid to not take a few minutes and listen and work it out. Acee has been a good source on AJ's thinking and whatnot. Need both sides, like Trotter is the Acee of LT

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    If Acee has any news about negotiations it is news that AJ wants to put out to get a reaction. It may not be true but anything that he leaks is done for a reason. Same with Condun.

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Acee is all we have and he reports on stories as he is given information. He is our only ally into the "unknown". He isn't in the room, but his access is much greater than ours. He isn't in the room, but he is fed information via "sources" that he trusts. Information may not be fluid and consistant, but I truly belive he is floating us what he see's as the latest truth or (the closests to) fact.

Without Acee we would have LT's mom (she is guessing) and Drew Brees' opinion on the situation... Both of whom have other motives that don't align with ours.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Sproles will be doing his thing this season. We have an idiot's tale here, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing. What are guys going to write about in the off season but gossip and the occasional FA signing? Newspaper guys get paid to fill column inches and teams are all too willing to give them stuff to fill them with for their own reasons, even if it is BS from time to time.

9. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I didn't read the article as he'd be sitting out for the season, more that he'd be sitting out of offseason work outs until he had a long term contract. He doesn't want to injure himself and then hurt any chances of him getting a longer contract.

I don't blame the guy. And it doesn't sound like he wouldn't be playing this season regardless of when he signs, whatever he signs.

Acee is just reporting that he hasn't signed it, and wouldn't you want to know why? So he telling us possible reasons why he wouldn't sign and what that could potentially mean is just him doing his job. I remember there was a whole lot hubbub about Cassel not signing his franchise tag too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    The Sproles negotiations have been on the back burner until the LT situation was resolved.

Now they can look at dealing with Sproles and his contract. He should know that he will not get a full time RB gig. I doubt that anyone in the NFL is looking at him that way.

He is damn good at what he does. Returns, catching balls in open space, etc.

11. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    He has not signed it because
    1) He is waiting for a long term deal
    2) He was waiting to see if LT signed to compare his deal to LT's
    3) He was waiting to see if LT signed because he wants to be a feature back so now he wants a trade.

12. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Off season workouts...light contact, no full pads, mostly running and lifting, learning schemes. If a team brings in a guy who thinks by (head hunting) hurting another player it gets them a spot on the roster then that team is no team. I'll never believe the Chargers would allow such high school tactics.

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I doubt Sproles will play for the 1 year deal, he'll either sing a long term contract (considerably less than LT) or be traded (maybe a 2nd :icon_shrug:)

He is NOT a featured back, and should be payed accordingly, even when LT retires the Chargers will draft his replacement, in won't be Sproles

14. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I think someone is trying to stir the pot. My guess is the Chargers were solely focused on LT which is why we didn't sign a FA until we pretty much had LT fully wrapped up. I'd bet they're looking out for a few FA's, doing everything possible to find us some future Chargers about to go into the draft, and signing guys like Sproles.

15. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    If we get to draft day and Sproles has not signed then lookout for some draft day excitement.

16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I think we are getting a running back regardless if Sproles signs or not

17. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    We are in need of a second round pick.