1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another spotlight

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by szarmes, Feb 21, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Just starting up another spotlight to get some more attention to someone that has pretty much been forgotten about.

Toby Gerhart. RB, Stanford
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 232.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
    Projected Round : 2-4.

Senior Stats:
    1871 yds, 343 attempts, 5.5 avg, 27 TDs
    11 rec, 157 yds, 14.3 avg

What I see is a very physical runner who will give 100% on every play. Notice in the video how he always falls forward. If we decide to go with a pick other than RB in round 1, we don't get a high second for Cro, and Mathews and Dwyer are gone by pick 60, I'm all aboard for getting Gerhart in round 3. A little thunder to Sproles' lightning... Tell me your thoughts

2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    Thanks Szarmes for posting another spotlight player. I posted Vlad Ducasse but there were no responses so I figured everyone had gotten a bit tired of them.

However, What I see in Gerhart is an odd combination of a North-South runner with a rare combination of power, speed, and excellent vision.

A couple of things keep him from being the first RB taken. The fact that his 40 time is projected to be 4.6-4.65, and that his hands are average.

In this day and age teams are looking for the 6'0" 200 Lb guys with 4.4 speed (Percy Harvin) (Reggie Bush) etc.... This is a RB by committee NFL and whoever gets this guy will not be sorry. Because what he lacks in speed he makes up for in vision.

3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    I just thought of someone that used to be a charger Rb that Gerhart reminds me of. And he reminds a whole hell of a lot of Marion Butts.....

Big, Strong, Powerful, great vision, and a knack for getting in the endzone.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's hard not to like Gerhart's determination & production. I question, to some degree, the amount of punishment that he's already received by carrying the ball a LOT in college & the relatively short list of successful white RB's. I don't mean that to be offensive - it's just a fact.

5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    The guy cuts like LT!

Not bad for big, hefty type of back