1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another spotlight

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by szarmes, Feb 21, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Just starting up another spotlight to get some more attention to someone that has pretty much been forgotten about.

Toby Gerhart. RB, Stanford
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 232.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
    Projected Round : 2-4.

Senior Stats:
    1871 yds, 343 attempts, 5.5 avg, 27 TDs
    11 rec, 157 yds, 14.3 avg

What I see is a very physical runner who will give 100% on every play. Notice in the video how he always falls forward. If we decide to go with a pick other than RB in round 1, we don't get a high second for Cro, and Mathews and Dwyer are gone by pick 60, I'm all aboard for getting Gerhart in round 3. A little thunder to Sproles' lightning... Tell me your thoughts

2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +453
    Thanks Szarmes for posting another spotlight player. I posted Vlad Ducasse but there were no responses so I figured everyone had gotten a bit tired of them.

However, What I see in Gerhart is an odd combination of a North-South runner with a rare combination of power, speed, and excellent vision.

A couple of things keep him from being the first RB taken. The fact that his 40 time is projected to be 4.6-4.65, and that his hands are average.

In this day and age teams are looking for the 6'0" 200 Lb guys with 4.4 speed (Percy Harvin) (Reggie Bush) etc.... This is a RB by committee NFL and whoever gets this guy will not be sorry. Because what he lacks in speed he makes up for in vision.

3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +453
    I just thought of someone that used to be a charger Rb that Gerhart reminds me of. And he reminds a whole hell of a lot of Marion Butts.....

Big, Strong, Powerful, great vision, and a knack for getting in the endzone.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's hard not to like Gerhart's determination & production. I question, to some degree, the amount of punishment that he's already received by carrying the ball a LOT in college & the relatively short list of successful white RB's. I don't mean that to be offensive - it's just a fact.

5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +94
    The guy cuts like LT!

Not bad for big, hefty type of back