1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Stupid STAT......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Jan 20, 2010.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    For those that say the Bolts didn't play their game I use this as an argument. The Bolts had a total of 359 yards that game. For the year their average yards a game was 360.1. Seems to me that they were dead on. What was the difference maker? Nate missing 2 (I refuse to count the 57 yarder) field goals. And if you want to be technical then I will also throw in the penalties. Many are also not taking into account the the Jets had the #1 defense in the league. Many here talk about how the team didn't take the Jets seriously or they weren't prepared I beg to differ. I think it is many posters here that didn't take the Jets defense too seriously because of their record during the year. Even LT said that he hadn't faced a defense like that all year.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Turnovers, Missed fieldgoals.

Game set match

3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    nobody cares about yards, its what you do with those yards.

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Exactly. A fluke INT by Revis which by the way he played VJ excellent on that play knowing he couldn't out jump him waited for VJ to touch it and knock it out of his hands. And a very weird INT by Rivers throwing to the ghost of Gates.

5. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Correct. But how did we get the same yards but less points? Most of it was due to the Jets kicking away from Sproles and Punting out of bounds. We had great field position all year and the Jets did not give our guy a chance to hurt them. For those that are atlking about turnovers I look at it as we only had one since we also intercepted Sanchez. We did what he had to do with those yards to win. Nate didn't do what he gets paid to do.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Why did you have to go and bother us with stat's, everyone knows they lie. :icon_tease:

7. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I have 87 reasons. (1000 posts). I may be posting some real stupid **** for a while. :icon_banana::icon_party::icon_toast:

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    This is true. All of these stats are stupid. :lol:

Rivers was over 65% completing passes.

Brady is the only other QB to pass for more yards this season vs. the #1 ranked pass defense.

And VJ & Gates combined for over 200 yards.

So Norv's gameplan was to attack the #1 ranked defense's strength with his teams strongest weapons. And it worked effectively.

Until the games most accurate kicker stepped up and barfed on his coock in front of a nationwide audience.

And even then this team still had a chance to win it.

Stupid stats.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Oh bull dung, our coaching staff isn't smart enough to come up with a game plan that works. Rex just faked Norv out and then snapped the trap shut. Don't you know anything?? Care to deny?

10. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    So who are your top 4 coach's in the NFL? I guess Marty & Norv are smarter then Tony Dungy? We beat him how many times over the years?

Any given Sunday.

Match ups.

These all have an impact on the outcome of a game.

11. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I am in utter total shock :)icon_eek:) that people don't freak out that this team doesn't go 19-0 every year. They seem to think that all teams should not even show up to play us because there is no way they should win.

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    and stupid penalties

:tdown:

moving on....

13. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82

How much you want to bet that the Colts destroy the Jets this weekend?

14. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82

How much you want to bet that the Colts destroy the Jets this weekend?

15. CaptainTapp

CaptainTapp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I still say the team was not well prepared enough. Hence the numerous penalties and the missed field goals. A well-prepared team does not make those mistakes. Somebody should have told these guys this was an elimination game.

That said I definitely agree that we are not giving the Jets enough credit. They have the #1 overall defense which was better against the pass than the run (fit perfectly against our #5 passing game and #31 rush game) and the #1 rushing game. The problem with a rushing game is that eventually a tenacious enough team will break off a big one against your guys as they get more and more tired of being run at, which means you need to outscore the other team so they can't keep running. We did not do that. Blame it on preparation, bad coaching, choking players, whatever, its over and done. The team will retool and try again next season. Hopefully they can all learn from their mistakes.

16. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I have to say this quietly because I am surrounded by Jet fans but......I think they get blown out also. :yes::popcorn:

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :lol: nicely done.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    All those yards don't mean s*it if you don't get into the endzone!!!

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    No they don't, you are correct. But the Bolts never scored less then 20 points and people are saying that they didn't play there game or they were lazy or not disciplined and other things. What it does shows is that had Nate made those 2 FG's then they would have been right on target for 20 points. Lat I looked that was enough to win the game. So to say they didn't play charger football is a bit off. I'm sure they had less yards and won and more yards and lost. all it proves is that they were dead on target with the yearly average. Thus, they did nothing different other then miss FG's that he never missed all year. :popcorn:

20. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    We were moving the ball up and down the field. Mistakes cost us. You hold them to 16 yards for a quarter and a half and no first downs.... you need to be up by more than 7-0.

That game should have been over by halftime. F their F-ing defense. We were moving it. We beat their sorry butts 9 our of 10 times if we were to play them again.

The Chargers players LOST this game on their own. Cromartie is a wad.