1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anteater's thoughts on the destruction of the Jaguars

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Sep 19, 2010.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    1. I'm a little but not very concerned about Ryan Mathews
    I don't believe he fumbled that ball, the ankle injury concerned me but I equally know why he was held out (game already locked up, no need risk further injury). He does need to show better control of the ball regardless but in the little I've seen of him there's been a great deal of good and I think he'll get rolling soon enough.

2. Mike Tolbert = Mother of all Bombs (MOAB), Darren Sproles should be used when effective not because he makes alot of money

We finally have a proper backup running back we've missed since Michael Turner left. He just does not go down on the first hit and it takes three-four people to put him down. We had a NAtrone bomb, now we have the mother of all bombs. Mathews is still the primary runner but Tolbert's a **** of a weapon. Sproles is good on pitches, screen passes, trickery plays, KR/PR, he is not an inside runner, stop using him there.

3. Antonie Cason = Player

This was his coming out party, what a great game and maybe this will be his breakout year. One game does not a season make but that was awesome.

4. What in the wide wide world of sports is going on here???

I actually looked up and while I thought this was a record it wasn't for turnovers in a game (the record is 17 believe it or not). Six in the first half, three more by the JAgs in the second. The Jags ones were all clear turnovers, the only one I know FOR SURE was a Charger turnover was the tipped Legedu pass - the Mathews fumble wasn't and the other endzone INT I'm not sure about. Great to see this team putting some big turnovers on the board.

5. Defense played outstanding throughout

The Chargers defense came to kick *** and chew bubble gum, and they were all out of gum. Even with only two sacks, the turnovers were impressive, the bottling up of MJD was damned good (12/31), Garrard didn't and couldn't do jack. This was their statement game and what a statement. My only complaint is that it seemed like we were getting beat on the same throw over and over to the same person (five yard and slant to Mike Sims-Walker), beyond that Garrard barely made completions. And especially positive though was the bottling up of a good TE in Marcedes Lewis (5/70 and half those were in garbage time).

6. Seeing some great improvement from the 3 1's we were concerned about

Cason's performance speaks for itself, Davis chipped in with some big catches and good plays, English had 1/2 sack and was in on the other one with at least one more pressure, even Merriman showed some good improvement. Liking what I'm seeing so far.

7. We shouldn't turn into Chicken Littles after one game, we shouldn't get overconfident after one game

I said it before and I'll say it again, one game does not a streak or a month or a start make. Chargers lost a winnable game to KC, they dominated Jax (who's better then KC), what's that mean? **** if I know. Clearly this team can be dominant when they don't shoot themselves in the foot either through stupidity or through sleepwalking. It was at the least very nice to see a complete asswhooping in September, something I haven't recalled since 2006. Against a Seattle team that got its bell rung by Denver (who was beaten by this JAX team we steamrolled) we should be able to crush them. Same goes with Arizona (please), Oakland :)icon_rofl:) and St Louis :)lol:). Does that mean we will? I have no idea. Either way, let's avoid going too insane this week PLEASE

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    we look alot different on a dry field. And that norv finally figured out the tolbert is a battering ram and can get touchdowns and 1st downs when needed. About time he figured it out.

Add that cason and applewhite had a day to show they are good and can contribute.

matthews shakes off the rookie jitters and were gonna have a great running attack this year.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    you forgot to give props to Jaques Cesaire, he had a great game

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    LT had 8 fumbles (5 lost) his rookie year, 3 fumbles (2 lost) his 1st 2 games. I'm sure it's an adjustment going from College to the NFL, hopefully Ryan figures it out. Seems like just as he's getting into a grove the fumble happens.

5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    One word...."Consistency"

Should be the Chargers BUZZ WORD all this week.

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    My take on this performance today is simple. The Chargers were humbled last week and needed to prove that they were better than they played on Monday night. Plus, it was an opportunity to take out their frustrations on someone. Unfortunately, that someone was the Jaguires.

Pointy

7. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I love Tolbert as much as anyone but I'm not ready to dub him another Turner. Sweet hands, lots of momentum, not quite sold on his lateral moves or a Turner like ability to break tackles. Still... love the guy.

Rivers needs to get his throws down.

Good game. Would have been won even without the outrageous number of Jags turnovers.

Week one was an abberation.

8. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Too bad fans at home missed an exciting game. I thought Siler, Cason and Applewhite had a great day, along with most of the other starters. I think Buster doubled his career stats today too:)

9. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    Brilliant post. What I was thinking.

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Had this game been a nationally televised game with more cameras there, Mathews fumble would have been over turned. As it was, it was only being shown to a very small portion of the states, and therefore they had a few cameras in place. He was down when it was stripped.

11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Fixed it for you Antman. :lol:

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    atdhe.net :tup:

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    fixed :lol:

14. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Agreed on Week One.

Thanks for the jersey big guy. Awesome gift. You rule.
    [​IMG]