1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anthony Waters smile was quick and wide.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    “It was a dream come true,” Waters said yesterday, a day after making his NFL playing debut, more than a year into his career. “I just feel like I really contributed to the team. It just felt great to get out there.”

Waters, an inside linebacker by trade, was in for 19 plays at outside linebacker, where he has been working due to the Chargers' depth shortage there. He also continues to work inside.

“Anything to get on the field,” said Waters, who was inactive all last season and the first five games of 2008, first rehabbing following ACL surgery and then trying to earn his way onto the field.

Everyone should play

Linebacker Jyles Tucker is expected to play Sunday against Buffalo after being sidelined two weeks by a strained hamstring, and Chambers should play after sitting a week with a sprained ankle.

Turner also said defensive end Luis Castillo (biceps strain), running back Darren Sproles (ankle sprain) and safety Eric Weddle (shoulder sprain) should all play.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Good news about Tucker and Chambers!! :tup:

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Guess everyone'll be ready then right, 'cept mebbe Buster?? :icon_shrug:

4. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    And his Hall-of-Fame career begins...

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm all for it. :tup:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Waters on those first two kick offs didn't make the tackle but he came in their and cleaved through the Patriots wedge like a knife through butter. I love his energy and he's definitely going to be out there more often - now let's see him keep it up

7. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    I want to see more of him on the field, especially in place of Wilhelm. What a problem to have at LB: Cooper, Phillips, Siler, Dobbins, Tucker, Waters, Harris, Merriman. Did I miss anyone? Rotate em' all in and cut them loose!

8. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    im with you and speaking of cutting loose, Matt dont let the door hit you on the way out

9. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Waters was moving around very well out there. He has the best change-of-direction I've seen from on of our ILB's in a while. Hopefully he continues to get his development time. It would be nice for him to be a force by the end of this season.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Just in time for (dare I say it??) post season? :tup:

11. henryqjr2001

henryqjr2001 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    A.W. will shine now. Congrats Anthony!!!

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Merriman won't be a factor until next year. We do have depth and the guys like Waters, Siler and Tucker will get better as the games pile up.