1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-negativism thread...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ntman68, Oct 2, 2006.

1. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    So we got beat. Every team does at some point. Thinking people knew that our young team had not been tested, and when they were, their youth and inexperience showed itself a bit. So what?

When you have a very young team, play the #1 ranked defense in the league in their house, and lose by three in a squeaker? Hardly the scenario that makes me want to swing from a shower rod.

Perspective, people.

We have the best running back in the NFL running behind a solid and athletic offensive line. Our quarterback is big, strong, smart, and takes care of the ball. We have arguably the best tight-end and fullback in the league, and have a nice combination of youth and experience at the wide receiver position. Our defense was ranked 2nd in the NFL... second. That's not too shabby.

Did they have a rough day? Sure. Will they have more? You bet. But let's keep our eyes on the prize here; Take the games one by one (cliché, I know, but it's true), beat up on the AFC West, split the non-division games, and we are in the playoffs.

We all love this team. Let's give them some props for playing hard instead of raining on them for inevitable mistakes.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    this thread ain't goin nowhere :icon_evil:

3. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    :tup: The players performed well. There is no way they should hhave been beat based on performance. Play calling is the major issue here. Go Bolts. Bring on the Sqeelers!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I'm POSITIVE that Marty sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Rep.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    HOW TO FIX THE STEELERS' SPECIAL TEAMS

A league source who closely follows the Super Bowl XL champion Pittsburgh Steelers has offered up five suggestions for improving the performance of the Steelers' special teams:

1. Safety Mike Logan: If he can't run anymore, then he can't cover kicks.

2. Defensive end Rodney Bailey: Shouldn't be in the NFL at all, and thus shouldn't be on special teams.

3. Cornerback Ricardo Colclough: Doesn't give a sh-t, so he should be benched. Or shot.

4. Running back Duce Staley: Though he doesn't play special teams, he's taking up the spot of a guy who could. His salary is guaranteed, so he should just be cut.

5. Linebacker Rian Wallace: Who in the hell is Rian Wallace?

The advice from the source to Coach Chin? "Cut these guys and hire some goons just like you were when you played."

7. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Yup. The positive is that this team is the best in the NFL w/o Morty at the helm. Too bad we will have to wait to next year to see how high this team can fly.

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +684
    Ditto.

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i definitely look at the positives. lifetime charger fan that i am i dont mind observing facts of wins and losses. i think this loss will prove to be a firestarter below many bolts personell asses.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We will beat the Stealers. I am posotive of that!

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :icon_beerbang:POSOTIVE:icon_beerbang:

Marty will try to run it up so he can say "See, I'm not conservative!!!"

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    24 hour rule... time to start looking forward! I can not wait for this weekend's rematch against the NFL Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. I'm sure it will be a grueling and physical game, similar to this weeks contest against the Ravens. But hopefully we'll come out on top of this one. I'm (unfortunatly) expecting to see a very similar game plan and even when we win we'll still all be back here *****ing about Rivers not getting enough passing attempts. Either way, deliver the W and it's ALL GOOD!