1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Antonie Cason Highlights

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ChargerRay, Apr 26, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    <object width="408" height="347"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://static.si.com/pvs2/lib/swf/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="408" height="347" allowfullscreen="true" FlashVars="acfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/app_player.xml&scfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/nfldraft08-system.xml&c=Player&p=215786&s=3030736&i=241103"></embed></object>

BIOGRAPHY: Four-year starter awarded All-Conference honors the past two seasons. Totals last year included 71/5/14 after 62/3/7 the previous year. Made a major impact as a freshman when he totaled 70/4/6.

POSITIVES: Good-sized cornerback with a passion for the game. Remains alert on the field, diagnoses plays, and does an excellent job of reading routes. Engages receivers at the line, quickly locates the ball in the air, and displays good hands for the pick. Possesses an explosive break to the ball and quickly closes on the action. Defends the run and impacts the game returning punts.

NEGATIVES: Stiff in his hips and loses ground when transitioning to run with opponents. Lacks closing as well as recovery speed and struggles staying with speedier receivers downfield.

ANALYSIS: Cason is an opportunistic cornerback who.s rarely challenged by opposing signal-callers. He works hard in all areas to improve his game and is a solid mid-to-late first-round choice who could eventually start at the next level.

2. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Nice job by him coming off the edge! Please be a long time player!!!

Chargers 2008 SB Champs!

Stan :rivers17:

3. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    I'm Assuming Thumper Has Beef With This Pick...:unsure:

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Another analysis.

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3368966"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3368966" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Cason looks like a finisher... Of course these clips are his "HIGHLIGHTS".... Funny how nobody creates negative videos :) .....

Can someone give me the draft run down (shockers, Highlights, who reached, who scored, who flopped) thus far. I have been in Corona at a baseball tourney with my son and missed my first, first round in a long time....Not to mention, my blackberry got *** bad service at the fields.

Hook me up fellas.

TBF

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,666
    I still sorta have a problem with this pick because its not beef and this guy, at best, will not be more then a nickel back. i understand all the good beef was off the board, I understand there wasn't many/if anyone calling for a trade but still I don't know if Corner is truly the big need

7. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Count me in the anti-flowers camp, he'll bust.

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +519
    Kentwan Balmer was still on the board

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Yes he was. So were Kenny Phillips and Phillip Merling. Any of these three would have been a good pick. I'm not completely disappointed with Cason though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I don't know if I am bummed about Cason or if it's because we don't have another pick till the 5th. I was hoping we would of gone for Balmer. Hopefully Jamal will heal up good. :unsure:

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    This guy is a stud, he was ranked as a top 10 guy not too long ago, but he got overlooked because he didn't have a freakish combine or superb senior bowl (Cromartie)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, I'm not either, but would probably have gone with KP myself.

Not disappointed w/Cason, just a little surprised. :yes: