1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Garay

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Aug 20, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Just curious, why does everyone refer to this guy like he is a young kid. He is 30 years old, has been in the league off and on since 03 and played in 16 total games. I just don't get all the love for this guy

2. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    He is a vet who has kind of been around a bit.

He's just played pretty well. I remember when we picked him up last year during the season, and I wasn't expecting him to do anything, and he got on the field and contributed.

Camp Reports say he's been the best or at least most consistent Nose on the team so far.

3. Haterproof2020

Haterproof2020 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    because hes a beast, **** happens people get hurt sometimes, and sometimes it takes a while to pick up the nfl game on top of all the politics. All i know is right now he is a beast who doesnt have 40 games of wear and tear on his body. :icon_toast:

4. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    i dont like garay at all really, from last season i like O.G. NWAGABUO, but this season its all about CAM THOMAS

5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I re-watched the game again last night and Garay was constantly getting push up the middle. I am very glad we have him in the mix.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I know the reports keep saying that, but I just didn't see it last year. I know they kept saying how good he was doing, so I kept specifically keeping an eye on him, and kept seeing him get driven backwards more often then he went forward.

I hope that changes this year, but I just didn't see it last year

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I kind of agree, but I hope he is the stud they keep saying he is because last season, I didn't see him doing anything but getting driven backwards

8. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    same here,even tho he only has 16 games under his belt,hes still 30, i want a young nosetackle who can get into the mix and improve our d, not some washed up 300 pounder