1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Antrel Rolle will test free-agent market

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    By Adam Schefter
    ESPN

Arizona's eventful offseason will continue this week when the Cardinals release former first-round pick Antrel Rolle, an NFL source said Sunday.

Rolle's release will follow Kurt Warner's retirement and the Cardinals decision not to use their franchise tag on linebacker Karlos Dansby.

Rolle will become the premier safety in this year's free-agent class, but it is still possible the safety will return to the Cardinals.

Arizona would like to have Rolle back, and the two sides continue to talk about a potential return.

With less than a week until the start of the March 5 free-agent signing period, Rolle wants to see what he's worth at a time when the Cardinals are reluctant to pay him more than the $12 million that would be owed to him this season.

Rolle had four interception and was a Pro Bowl alternate this season. A starter on the Cardinals' Super Bowl team, Rolle moved to free safety in 2008 after playing cornerback for his first three seasons. He has 12 interceptions and four touchdowns in his career.

I would like to see Rolle a Charger but I don't think it will happen... :bolt:

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Since he was released, the final 8 teams are not limited on their ability to pick him up. I would take him as a FS or a CB. We could use him in both places. But I agree, I doubt we sign him

3. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    IDK though if we ditch cro it would be a good idea

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I agree it would be a great idea. But the last time AJ singed any quality FA's was in 04 when he signed Goff, Foley, and Godfrey

5. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Antrel Rolle won't sign somewhere that he will be a nickle corner. If that is according to the bolttalk.com love ring for Antoine Cason.

I also think that we are vested in Weddle and there was some good things seen from Ellison this year that makes me like him a lot.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    He was given numerous opportunities at CB and failed miserably every single time. They moved him to FS hoping to get some value and discovered he's pretty good for a FS.

I don't think Weddle should be pushed aside for Rolle and neither of the two are physical enough to be a SS

Ergo, no need

7. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Agreed