1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ant's Rant: PUT LT'S *** ON THE BENCH

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

I normally never advocate moderation...but in this case......

Word.

Jes' sayin.:flag:

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Is LT injured?

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :yes: :tup:

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Did you hear that everybody? He did it for all the world to see!!!
    Isn't that fantastic?!!!

I'm sure glad you did that, bfisa!!!
    It just changed my life!!! Now I see everything from an entirely new and better perspective!!!! We all thank you so much!!!!

Can I get a round of applause for BFISA?

What a great guy!!! A hero to us ALL!!!

SOME DANCERS FOR YOU!!!
    :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
    COMPLIMENTS OF BOLTS4LIFE!!!!

5. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37

Uhhm...wait...I find it offensive that you would call someone a "hero"in regards to something they said on a football forum...after all, we know who the "real" heros are and quite frankly I am appalled. :icon_rofl:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

In reality (as opposed to sarcasm)... he's a hero like Leaf's a quarterback!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Though I did my best to get dancers to suite his taste!!!

7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Bulls**t...he got hit before he even reached the LOS. Hardwick got blown up and Tolbert is just a terrible blocker.

It was a bad, predictable call by Norv that went nowhere like nearly all of the runs he called up the middle.

8. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    I have to admit....that call was BS. The entire stadium and everyone across the counrty who may have been watching that game knew that play was coming.

Come on Norv.:tdown:

9. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37

Word:icon_toast:

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That sucked, alright!!! :icon_evil:

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    What he said.

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    No doubt!

Does LT need to sit and heal up? Id sure like to see get at or near 100%. Wouldnt hurt for him to sit out at least 1 game.
    Norv called a bad game period last week but Sproles is obviously quicker right now and we have that white guy Hester that can fill in for a game as well to rest Sproles.

Also it seems as tho our OL has been worse with Hardwick in there.

13. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Ant is gonna be pissed that you jerk-offs hijacked his thread.

:yes:

14. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56

AMEN!!!!!!

15. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    I was thinking the same thing.

16. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Right now I see three people being blamed directly for the Chargers' record. That's not right, not right at all...

Bullshit. LT has already gotten in on the one yard line once this year. You say it's all LT, I say it was a combined bad play from everyone involved, from Norv, to the offensive line, to LT. You can assume things, but that doesn't make it fact, not at all. Also, his numbers through five games this year are very close to his numbers through five games last year. If he's playing at only 80% right now, he's in for a huge season when he gets healthy.

Of course he's not 100%, it has been said countless times. His ego has nothing to do with. He already proved in the biggest stage of his career that he was willing to sacrifice his personal pride for the betterment of the team. He ended up sacrificing more than that, when a bunch of fans and commentators tore him apart. If he thought that he was hurting the team, I have no doubt that he would sit, but as it stands now, his start to this year is no better or worse than it was last year.

As for the last part, a complete and total assumption made by someone who has a vendetta out against LT for what happened in the AFC Championship game.

Really? How has Gates been the last few weeks? Sixteen catches? He had forty last year, which makes his drop off from 07 to 08 much MUCH greater than LT's. According to your flawed logic, he should sit as well, or actually, Norv and AJ should force him to sit for the betterment of the team, since it's obvious to everyone that his injury is CLEARLY hampering our team SO much so that it is IMPOSSIBLE for our offense to do anything at all...............

Jamal has played good in one game against Oakland, and below average the rest of the year. Excuses made for them, but not for LT. Once again, the bias against LT by you and others is blatantly obvious.

He's thirteenth in rushing right now, and he barely got any carries against the worst defense we've played so far (Denver). That's already better than half of the league, and he's admittedly hobbled by the toe injury.

You say that you're not Poof, and yet your post shows me no difference. Except his I can read in a couple of seconds, your's are simply drawn out much longer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    I think Jamal did alright against Miami too, but other than that I agree with all of the facts you laid out. :tup:

18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Me too, but then y'all know that already.

19. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192

I agree, I was being somewhat facetious with my point there. Bottom line, I'm of the opinion that it's ridiculous to put the blame on any one player when the entire team is struggling right now.

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    1. Which three?

2. Sure the OL has something to do with it but let's not forget that LT has been dynamic even with no offensive line. He has had the ability to make cuts and moves even with no real push. He doesn't do that now, not even close. I'm putting a fair amount of emphasis though on LT because when Sproles gets in the game, that same OL seems to be able to block alot better for him and allow him to gain more yards. Its not all LT but its not as much OL as you might believe.

3. I said in the original post I admire his spirit and his determination to push through it but he's still not playing as well as he could be if healthy. Ergo I'd rather have a fully healthy LT, especially down the stretch, then a 70% LT who can't cut or juke and goes down easy. And I do not have a vendetta against LT, my point going waaay back (since you obviously can't be bothered to do research) was I had concerns about LT sitting on the bench with his helmet on and not talking to his teammates. Instead I got lumped together with people who claimed he had 'pussed out' when I actually agreed with LT's assessment that he couldn't go and didn't blame him for it. Hell listen to the damn podcast from back then, unless your too upset it would alter your righteousness.

4. If you remember back in 2007 (even in 2006) Gates was basically THE only weapon to throw to. Go back to the away Denver game, the Chicago game at home, the away Green Bay game and Gates got far more touches then any other receiver. Why? Because Rivers was primarily looking his way all the time. Now we got Chambers and other receivers who have stepped up and can get the ball, so just a pure number argument on the effectiveness of Gates isn't valid. And Jamal, he did look good against hte Raiders and so-so against Miami - he's knocking off the rust and starting to play better. And frankly Jamal has started slow and finished strong for the last few years - LT hasn't. Furthermore Jamal has had constantly creaky knees since 2003-2004, LT hasn't.

5. I have not nor have I ever put ALL the blame on LT, I'm saying that he needs to rest up and get healthy for the good of the team. I've put FAR more blame on Norv and Cottrell and even on other players like Cromartie, Weddle, Wilhelm and others then LT. My complaint has been that LT does not see the truth that he is as of now ineffective and won't do what's needed. In that way its similar to Shawne Merriman but not nearly as bad.

6. I won't bother to respond to that comment about poof except my work speaks for itself. Yours doesn't.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I happen to enjoy Ant's takes. I think they are well thought out and make valid points. I don't always agree, but that's ok to.

:tup::tup::tup:

Poof/MD/DP, on the other hand, not so much :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I especially enjoy "takes" like "if the Chargers lose to the Dolphins today, I'm going to demand someone b fired."

ygbsm

23. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I'll take any Charger news, opinions, updates, speculation, or bullshit that I can find. I don't miss the days of waiting for the Power Report newspaper. (sic) Thank God, or Al Gore, for the internet.

24. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    LT through week 5 in 2006:
    89 carries for 336 yards

....went on to win NFL MVP with a record breaking 31 TDs.

LT through week 5 in 2007: (Chargers 2-3)
    98 Carries for 329.

....went on to win the rushing title.

LT through week 5 in 2008: (Chargers 2-3)
    89 Carries for 331.

(found on a different site)

now stop cry'in, have a nice warm ba ba, get a good burpy, and go nappers.

• Like Like x 2
  25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

SDC? Is that you???!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Classic

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, good luck with that :rolleyes2:

27. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

:tup: :abq2:

28. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I've been saying this since the Denver game. Give Sproles the ball!

29. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Boy, I sure hope LT sucks this weekend or there is going to be a lot of pizzed off people. LT, please don't run anywhere near 100 yards and if you do, please start running backwards.

30. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    You're seeing the same things I've seen.

He just doesn't seem to be picking his running paths. Just keeps plowing up the middle. You can set your watch to it: first play, LT up the middle for 2-3 yards. :icon_huh:

The last running play vs. oakland was classic LT. Run straight, get lost in the pile, cut right and run for a TD. Needs to do more of this.