1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Any news on LT?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Mar 5, 2010.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    he's been free to sign with a team for more than a week now, do you guys know if ANY team is interested in him?

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    He will get signed, but since he isn't one of the top notch FA's on the market, teams will usually take their time on guys like him since they need to evaluate their team. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't signed until after the draft when teams realize they were unable to address their RB spot in the draft

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    # Concudan

@mortreport Thank you Mort.
    1 minutes ago via web in reply to mortreport

# Chris Mortensen mortreport

@Concudan I'd say give it about 5-to-7 days and Ladainian should find a spot.
    2 minutes ago via web in reply to Concudan

# Curtis Egan Concudan

@mortreport Any word on if anyone is interested in Tomlinson?
    4 minutes ago via web in reply to mortreport

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    it would be a sad ending to a great career if no team wants him :no:

this is also kinda sad link

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Interesting take on him being of very high maintenance. I was really surprised at how he turned into a bit of a whinger at the end. He let himself down badly.

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Remember the MVP Shaun Alexander? :icon_shrug:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    But, but guys, he's so classy!

:icon_rofl:

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He is, and it is sad how the fans have turned on him. Fickle to the extreme...

9. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I don't know who has "turned" on him? I think that it is a sad situation for him. It really reminds me of the Shaun Alexander deal. I hope he can come back and be productive somewhere but I am not placing money on it.
    As for the "classy" remark, LT brought that on himself. What he said may be true but unfortunately he has no rings to quiet the crowd. Every NFL fan outside of SD rips him for that "class" comment.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So F'in what? That is as sad as the one poster saying he was embarrassed for winning the AFCW at 8-8 because Bronco fans teased him about it.

Who cares what fans outside of SD say. Anyone who knows LT knows he is a classy guy and it is not just what goes on the field! His giving 2100 meals away, giving bikes to kids, giving in the community in over 25 charities.

In a league of Ocho Stinkos, and TO's and other showboating loud mouthed people, how someone can look at LT and try and say he is not classy makes no sense. That you listen makes even less...

LT doesnt rub things in other players faces, doesnt do silly touchdown celebrations, you saw him get bent when a asshat Pats player decided to do a dance on the emblem at mid field of the CHARGERS field. SO WHAT?! Good for LT! Get'cha sum!

You guys want to say he is not classy, that is ok, your opinion, but it just makes you guys seem very forgetful in my opinion.

Edit: Further Doug, many of those 'fans outside of SD' that you say mock him, will kiss his feet if he signs with their team...

11. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Slow down there Conc... :lol:
    I love LT as a player and a person. You don't have to convince me. I am just relaying what I have seen on multiple forums about the public perception of LT. I do listen to other team fans opinions about their players and ours. It doesn't mean that I agree with them. I do agree that if LT signs with one of these teams that they will change their tune. Just like if TO signed with us.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I wouldn't change my tune of TO. I would hate to see him in bolts... :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  13. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Come on you know you would have him on your new banner.:lol:

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Hmmm.. AJ holding up TO's bloody head on the banner... I like it!

15. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Corrected! :icon_rofl:

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG]

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Damn Conc, you bit HARD on that one.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Are any of my arguments incorrect?

19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Well, first of all, I never said he WASN'T classy, I just mocked him for always saying how classy he is. I think it's pretty unclassy to always have to tell everyone how classy you are.

Second, you say he doesn't have a silly little touchdown dance, so what the heck do you call the hand to the helmet and finger roll he does?

Third, lighten up; It was a joke.

20. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I agree with Conc. LT will always be one of my favorite Chargers and he was a classy guy. I will always remember and appreciate him as a player and a person and will never forget how he helped this Charger organization out of doldrums to respectability and Super Bowl contender. Yeah, people can always bring up the incident in New England sitting on the bench dejected and not being a "Cheerleader", but those are the same people that forget this record breaking efforts in 06 and receiving the MVP. He gave his heart and soul to this team and community and wanted to win a Super Bowl for this town and us fans. Yes, you can fault him for not saying the right thing at times and wearing his heart on his sleeve, but you can't deny his dedication to this team and the city. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes and I for one will never forget his tenure here as a Charger. You stay Classy LT!

21. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I don't think the fans have neccessarily turned on him. What I think is that fans poke fun at him to get under the skin of those that wish to turn their head on certain items when it comes to LT. What better way to get back at someone who you may not agree with then to make fun of a player he respects? Better that then to start calling each other names. :popcorn:

22. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Come on Conc have some class!:lol:

23. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I would say LT was more quiet and tactful than anything. Not trying to lessen anything he's done, but the "TOs and Ocho Cincos" are most likely outnumbered by players that give their time and money to people less fortunate than themselves. Not every player in the league makes as much as LT has either, so proportion has to be taken into consideration as well.

IMO, LT definitely has his pride and a sizable ego that he manages to keep from leaving his mouth in wrecking ball fashion. How could anybody be as good as he has been and not have a big ego, and desire to be the "#1" running back? He allowed blame for his decline to fall on the offensive line, the game planning, everywhere but on his own diminished quickness.

I don't recall him ever saying anything to the effect of, "I should be able to break that tackle, I need to work harder on my that." I only remember hearing excuses from everyone else, excuses from him, stuff like, "he can't get into a rhythm; the offensive line sucks; Norv is using him wrong; he needs more carries," etc, etc, etc.

In the end of his time here, he would not (understandably for a player who still wants to keep playing) publicly acknowledge that he isn't that guy he used to be. I don't think that "being classy" includes allowing others to take the blame for one's own shortcomings.

/endrant

• Like Like x 1
  24. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    :popcorn:

25. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I don't usually go off like that lol

26. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I love LT and always will.

27. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I know. I am just waiting for the response. :lol:

28. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Jets | Will look to add veteran RB
    Comment (0)
    Sat, 06 Mar 2010 13:54:37 -0800
    Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said the team will look to add a veteran running back in free agency.
    Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz0hV7IbYyb

Could they go for LT?

29. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Jets go for LT?

==============

I don't think so. They snuffed and stuffed him in the playoffs so they know he can be stopped.

==============

I always admired the way LT carried himself on and off the field. After Marty left I think LT saw the writing on the wall with Norv's offense and starte4d to make more noise in the paper and sidelines. He saw that his "one man show" was getting pushed to the side for Rivers and Norv's throw it around passing offense. I think it probably got under his skin because of less touches and he started pouting when the spotlight shifted away from him. After his MVP season LT still had some good mojo left in him and I'll bet he saw that it was getting wasted by Norv.

Now that the magic is gone I don't know if LT will catch on. His pride may keep him from taking a contract and playing role that he feels is beneath him. But if he wants to play again he's going to have to swallow a little pride and take a smaller, incentivized one year contract. Maybe with a smaller role (less carries) he can catch a spark and regain some of his glory.

Let's see how it plays out.

================

LT is still the best RB in team history and arguably the Chargers best player ever.... let's not forget that.

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Seems to me I have heard LT take a lot of responsibility through the years. Calling team meetings, playing through injuries, and yes even this year I heard him say that he was not the RB he was three years ago, but that he thought he could still be a 1000 yard rusher.

If you were in LT's shoes you would probably ***** about Norv's running system to. Running up the colons of your blockers on a very predictable schedule would not make me happy. It is not putting me is a position to succeed.

So we we see things differently here..

As for you RTL.

1) Mocking someone for saying something IS the same as saying they are not what you are mocking them for. :tdown:

2) I dont see flipping the ball a 'silly touchdown dance' in the light of what others do with their sharpies and yellow jackets. If the ball flip is too much for you, rejoice you don't have to see a Charger doing it any longer.

3) I need to lighten up? Dude take a dose of your own medicine. My response was and I quote "He is, and it is sad how the fans have turned on him. Fickle to the extreme..." If that is too heavy for you perhaps the forums are a bit too hostile an environment for you... :icon_shrug: