1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Any training camp updates ?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by PhilipRivers#1, Jul 29, 2006.

1. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    For the July 29th TC.

Thanks in advance. :icon_banana:

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Cromartie made an increadable INT in the morning session. In the afternoon session on the 3 on 4 drill, Gates seemed to be Rivers favorite target.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Rivers looked real good both in the 4 on 5 and 11 -11 drills. He hit LT on a fly pattern along the left hash mark leading him perfectly and in stride.

He also hit Osgood on what looked like a slant where Osgood dusted Cromartie who did catch up 60 yds later.

A.J. Feely was pretty erratic and had trouble finding open WR on several pass plays being forced to throw the ball away. One of which occurred while he was in the pocket and should /would have drawn a intonational ground flag.

Vincent Jackson is huge bigger than most of our LB let one get away on a quick down and out , ball hit him in the hands with some pop but Vincent must catch those.

AGB SOLB put pressure on the QB on several pass plays from the strong side LB spot running with the third team group.
    Keil started at SS and Hart ran with the second team. Merriman and Foley rotated olb sides with the starting unit.

Igor pushed Jordan into the pocket on several plays ,he is looking stronger than ever. I saw a lot of big sets with twin TE , for sure Gates caught the most ball and he and Rivers are on the same page already.

QB Charlie Whitehurst looked real good the Bolts may have another good QB on their hands , his reads were solid and his releases were on time and very accurate kid has the best arm of all the QB.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    Thanks for the updates guys! I had to leave early from this mornings practice.

5. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Sci-Fi is a weapon...

6. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Rivers had good zip on his ball despite the wet weather.

Sproles dropped one punt in the morning practice.

Cro did have a very nice interception. Ball was thrown short but he was exceptionally quick to break on it. Got Marty really excited. But on the other side he did have a PI on an earlier play. The potential and athleticism is there but he still has a way to go.

RMancil said Whitehurst probably has the strongest arm of the QB's. I'd say he has the best footwork and looks like the most athletic too.

They did the QB dropback drills and he was noticably quicker and more fluid than the others. I'm liking that pick more and more every time I see him practice.

It was nice to meet you guys and thanks for the carne asada Trumpie. Oh yeah keep an eye out on KUSI news. They came out and talked to trumpie and some others.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    [​IMG]

8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Great shot. Perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172

That'd make a great siggy, Bro!!:) :icon_mrgreen:

10. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    It was great meeting you today EC, and thanks again for the Bolt Talk signs! They look great! :tup:

11. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I literally teared :icon_sad: when I saw that...thank you from the bottom of my heart for that moment!!!

12. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I need to know what the players look like in your opinions (try to be unbiased), who's ready, who's not, who's gonna get it done this season???...just wondering...thanks!

13. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    p.s. Schotty looks more than a little excited (down below if you know what i mean...):icon_rofl:

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    That vertical is FREAKY !!!

15. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    What's up EC ???

Hope y'all had fun out there on Saturday !!!

16. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It was fun, just too crowded. I can't wait for a nice weekday practice in full pads.

This year is going to be a blast. :tup:

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The INT by CRO was awesome. The dude went ballistic to get some air and caught the ball. That was the play of the day.

What is not mentioned other than SDRONS take on Sci-fi as a weapon is the dude was banging the hell out of the ball. Oooo's and ahhh's from the crowd all morning long.

He nailed at 60 yard punt with a 5.07 hang time. 5 freaking seconds!!!...in a steady AM drizzle. Sci-Fi is the man !!!

Next, Whitehurst is an animal. That dude has some serious skills. He was dead nuts on target on two throws I watched. I did not see him much in the day ........

Rivers dropped a bomb into McCardell early on and what was pretty is the ball just dropped almost straight down in the receivers arms. This is difficult to defend. Sweet pass by Rivers.

Foley and Merriman on the stand up tackling dummies had the most hand punch power in those drills.

On the 5 men sled, a fan in the stands yelled, flip the mother fahker over (it is not intended to be flipped) :icon_mrgreen:

I will post pics in a few minutes.

Electric Chair gets props for his banner "This is why we're here" That almost brought a tear to my eye. Hell it did but I hid it. :)

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Actually the best part was sharing a beer I snuck in with Rexy under one of the tents. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_beerbang: :wave:

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am hoping one of the brothers will post it at youtube.

Welcome to the tailgaters. That was a blast to get the season off the ground. :tup: :icon_banana:

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    They have 2-a-days dude.....from here out....am and pm......

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,848
    Ready
    McCree! Pick up of the off season. The guy moves and had an Int that he took all the way back that the damn zebra robbed him of.
    Whitehurst. He will be our backup by regular season.
    Parker and McCardell. When are they not ready.
    ManomaliaaaaaaaohwhatthehellIcantsayit! BIG BOY! Made some catches, on one a defensive player hit him and bounced 2 feet backwards! With he and LoNeal in the same back field... I am sure rushers are going to be swalllowing their adams apple before every snap!
    Merriman. He is going to flat out hurt someone this season... Scary!

Showing vast improvement
    Rivers. Without a line his balls were comming out low on some throws. But he was hitting the receivers on most tosses.
    Cro. I am eating some crow already. He has some mad skills and can get up in the air faster than a 757. But he is still green and gets turned around on some plays by our craft receivers. Once he gets his head right, and doesnt get juked out of play.... We will be saying WOW!

Worry...
    LoNeal. The man had about five dropped pases. I know his main job is to punish people, but he needs to work on his hands...

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,848
    Great meeting everyone. Though the goose from Rexy was a bit of a surprise!:icon_eek:

J/K... Nice to meet everyone, and it was flatering that my white legs made me stand out in the crowd so Rexy could say "Are you Conc?":tup:

Bolts for eva!

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,848
    Nice to see you again bro! Your banners and stickers are da sheet!

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,848
    Anytime bro. I snapped the picture and about pizzed myself, I turned to a fan next to me, Dave, and said "I just got Cro about six feet in the air catching the ball." he looked at me like I had stolen all of Trumpies beers and swigged them before camp.

I did, but that aint the point is it!

Anyways, glad to snap some pics for my bolt bretherin!

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,848
    Yes I was. The knock on him is his ability to make the catch. ST. Louis used him differently than we will. I saw him making some catches today which has started to releive my worries.

Is that a problem for you? :unsure:

Weren't you the guy who liked BMW?