1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Any word on Floyd Injury?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by powayslugger, Sep 15, 2013.

1. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +181
    That was a brutal crunching Malcolm took... Any word on how he's doing and if he will be okay?

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,163
    Going home with the team, flying back from Phillie...

3. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Floyd is "fine" he's traveling back with the team after visiting the hospital

4. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +250
    I'm a little dubious about "fine"...I hope it is not like the dreaded "foot sprain". I suppose we will have some idea when next week's injury report is released. I do hope it is good news!

5. PanchoX1

PanchoX1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +55
    me too. He was having one heck of a game up till then.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I didn't see the play, I hope M-80 is okay. Can anyone out there play WR???????

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    McCoy said that all tests looked good. Floyd was able to make the return flight home with his team. Any serious neck injury would have required at least an overnight hospital stay. Get well soon M-80.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,641
    If it had even a whiff of being serious then Floyd would be remaining in the city of Brotherly love. That he is flying home shows that at least there's nothing really bad or really serious

9. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I cringed when it happened. His neck was "crunched". :( I hope he is really really good.

From 20 minutes ago:

Sunday, September 15, 2013 Malcom Floyd OK after neck injury
    ESPN.com news services
    PHILADELPHIA -- Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd joined his teammates on their flight home Sunday night despite suffering a scary neck injury in San Diego's victory over the Philadelphia Eagles.

Floyd was fine after leaving on a stretcher with a neck injury on a hard hit by Philadelphia's DeMeco Ryans and Nate Allen on the first play from scrimmage after halftime.

"He's doing fine," Chargers coach Mike McCoy said. "All the tests right now look good. It's great for the organization to go out and get a win for Malcom. I'll leave it at that and update you as time goes on."

Floyd was taken to a hospital for observation, McCoy said. A CT scan on Floyd's neck was negative, a team source told ESPN.

Floyd suffered the injury while going over the middle for a pass from Philip Rivers on the Chargers' first play from scrimmage of the third quarter.

As he was taking the ball in, Floyd was hit from behind by Allen. Floyd struggled to control the ball as Ryans approached him at full speed and delivered a blow that left the receiver motionless on the ground.

Players surrounded Floyd in the all-too-familiar ritual of waiting for medical personnel to stabilize him. Floyd eventually was placed on a backboard and lifted onto a stretcher.

"Just praying that he was OK, that it wasn't too serious of an injury," Ryans said. "It's hard any time you hit a guy. You're not trying to cause injury on anyone.

"It was just an unfortunate bang-bang play that happened. I was just praying that everything goes well and that he's OK."

Floyd had five catches for 102 yards before the injury.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    Yah, no foot injury. It's being classified as a neck stinger + possible mild concussion. We'll see, I wouldn't expect him this week.

11. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,163
    Kudos to the coach for putting the rookie in to take up the slack... Allen's play was crucial in a couple of those drives.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +448
    I was surprised we didn't see more of Ladarius Green, why is he not getting on the field as a receiver?

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763

Because they allowing Gates to teach him what not to do during a game. :laugh:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,641
    Please don't pwn the LBs and DBs as if they have feet made of lead, yeah bad lesson :-p

15. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Agreed. Now that he's back under the protection of the McCoy Media Machine, I doubt we'll hear much.

16. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
  17. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. PanchoX1

PanchoX1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +55
    latest news via my nfl mobile app is that Floyd is out indefinitely.

oh yeah, looks like Bolts4lyfe stated that like an hour ago. Never mind.....

19. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I am just glad he was on that plane with the team as they flew home. When CBS initially broke for a TV commercial, and when the network stayed away I knew there was something going on.

20. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Let me begin by saying that there's absolutely no humor intended in my following comment
    (I joke around a lot in here, but I'm not one to make light of serious injuries)

When it first became clear that it was a neck issue, my first thought was:
    "Oh crap, Malcom's got that long, slender neck!"
    Now, comparing just about anyone's neck, next to Takeo's, is going to make it look skinny,
    but just look at the two guys side-by-side.
    Malcom's Neck.png
    For a guy who has already endured too many injuries, this just seems so unfair...
    especially in the middle of a game in which Malc was looking epic.
    Like most in here, I'm just wishing the guy all the best, and hoping he's ready
    to play on the 29th against the Cowboys. Good luck, Malcom.

21. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    I thought this as well, Lance.

Heal well, Malcom.

22. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,163
    Maybe some off-season bulking up of those neck muscles might help...