1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody catch the Chefs game tonight?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 400HZ, Aug 23, 2007.

1. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    B. Croyle 5/17 45yd 0td 1int
    M. Bennett 7 27

D. Brees 17/19 182yd 1td 0int
    R. Bush 6 51

:icon_toast: :icon_toast: :icon_toast:

Our division is looking easier and easier every week. Denver can't stop the run or protect their QB. KC sucks in every area. The Raiders are the Raiders. Am I the only one who thinks we could be clinching the division in week 12? I mean seriously, I don't think San Diego has looked THAT sharp in the preseason, but compared to our divisional rivals we are god-like. I almost never get excited about the preseason, but I don't remember ever seeing our rivals suck this bad before either!
    :abq2: :abq2:

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I don't want to read too much in preseason games. I think NE always goes 0-4 and they seem to do fine in the the regular season. These teams don't show their whole offense or defensive schemes either. I think the Bolts are the class of the AFC West and one of the best teams in football, but Denver and KC always play us tough. Oakland well....It's going to be fun. I like our chances. We have the most talented Charger team I think we've ever assembled. Time to get it done this year and get that fricking SB ring and Lombardi!!!

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Dude teams dont even stunt in the preseason and still Croyle sucks.
    I feel pretty good about it.

4. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Preseason .. besides we already knew that KC sucks a*s

5. captaind

captaind Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23
    My wife is a Chefs fan.

This is going to be a fun year. :lol:

Week 12 clinch? Yeah, I could see that. The AFC West ain't what it used to be. I wouldn't be surprised if we swept the entire division this season.

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
  7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Clinch by week 12? Uhh...I don't know...? We are good, but winning in KC and Denver is no easy task regardless of the team they put on the field. The AFC west has had the potential of sending three teams to the playoffs the past 3 years...That is some damn good football. I don't think we will clinch by week 12. I hope we do, but I respect the hell outta those two teams on the road.

I still hate orange.

8. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

:icon_shrug:

9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
  10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    You should make a bet with her regarding every Chefs game. If they lose, she has to do something that you want. Anything.

You'll be happy about 12 out of 17 weeks. :yes:

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Watch the HBO special on the Chiefs: Hard Knocks. They are in agony over their QB situation right now. They stuggle each week to find something decent to say about either QB. It's fun viewing.

I do love Kyle Turley though. Dude is hilarious. I know he's never gonna be his old self athletically, but I would love that attitude on the Bolts.

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I think McNeill has told some funny stuff to the media. :yes:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Oh, I love Marcus. Don't get me wrong. I'd never prefer Kyle to McNeill. NO. Never. But Turley just has a way about him that reminds me of a couple dudes I used to play JC ball with. Tough as nails, no quit, sense of humor, but push the wrong button and he'll eat your lunch. He got into it with one of his teammates and it was just fun to watch him throw the dude around. But earlier they showed him and his teammates jamming on their guitars, bass, drums, etc. I just think he's a good locker room guy and will always have your back if you're his teammate.

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Yes...I watch as many games as I can :yes: :bolt:

15. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Never read too much into preseason. But at the same time, I feel good about our chances even with a competitive denver and kc. If they are any bit less as good as they were last year, even better.

16. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Forming opinions on teams based on preseason games is like basing your opinion on the state of California by visiting El Centro.

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Except though, when the QB is frequently way off target with his throws, like what Croyle did.

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My wife is a Chiefs fan, too. She may be in for a very long season.

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :lol: That's hilarious. Very good analogy though. Although I must say I'd rather have the Chefs start Croyle. Huard looked pretty good against us in KC and KC always plays us tough there as well as Denver. If we play our game we can take both of those teams in their own cribs. But both really get up to play us esp. at their house. Rivers has to do a better job keeping his cool in KC. He got rattled early there. But he got his composure back and almost brought them back for a win. Leaf on the other hand just imploded and exploded. :deadhorse:

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    it doesn't look good but then again I don't take too much from this

21. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I know it's preseason but I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs are in trouble. I tried to watch Hard Knocks but I can't stand listening to Herm Edwards. :no: :tdown: :lol:

22. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    The only thing I liked about Hard Knocks this year is when they showed Croyle's superhottie wife.

Droooll.....

23. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Did you guys see this week's episode when Cam was talking to him before their game? Cam looked and sounded like he was in awe of Herm... drooling all over his balls...

I hope for Cam's sake he's not in over his head with this new gig. He certainly didn't act like he was Herm's equal in that little exchange.

24. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I really like that show, and I am jealous that our team isn't featured. How great would it be to get the inside scoop and here all the players are progressing.

On a side note, I hope we are not underestimating the Raiders this year. I feel like they made some good acquisitions, they had solid defense last year, and with culpepper, they'll definitely improve their offense. I could see them doing 6 and 10 or a little better, especiallly with the chiefs so weak.

-mike

25. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    The raiders picked up three or four wins just getting rid of Shell and that stupid OC. No doubt the chefs are a lock for last place in the West.

26. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Sometimes during preseason, we overlook the good and write it off as vanilla opposition, or second stringers, but on the other hand, we really dwell on the negative...

27. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    That's the game that showed everything I needed to see to be 100% convinced that Rivers could play in this league. Rivers struggled like crazy in that first half against the Chiefs--but he got it together and in the second-half he was able to ignore the insane crowd noise, the adversity of the first half, and the fact that he had played badly, and led us back to tie the game. To me, that was the most important game of the season in PR's development because Arrowhead is a stadium that has made experienced QB's look like rookies, and has made rookies look like they've never played the game. For Rivers to be able to suck it up there with that crowd and get it done spoke volumes about him as a player.

28. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I just started watching this 1st episode of this show. Man, I know they want to be optimistic about getting to the SB .. but sh*t .. they have no chance ..

29. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Watching the replay of this right now...Jared Allen is one guy I wish wasn't a chef.